UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Carson Palmer demanding trade

10/18/11 1:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
xcouturefan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thirdleg - 

If Palmer plays up to the level of Campbell (lol) then they are going to the playoffs. Without him, they probably wouldn't win another game this season.

Good point.

With Boller as a QB even if the Raiders were to make the playoff's they likely would lose the first game.

With Palmer they have a better chance to make the playoff's and be a threat once they get in.
10/18/11 3:48 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did anyone check to make sure Al Davis is not dead? That seems like an bad deal for the Raiders to me. They now have no draft picks in the first four rounds of the next draft. Is Palmer going to be that much better for the team than David Garrard? They both have about the same completion rate, and yards per attempt. Palmer throws more TD's, but he also throws more intercepts. Their qb rating is almost the same. They could have gotten Garrad for zero draft picks. The Raiders are built around DMC and the running game. I think Garrard would have been enough for them. I hope Palmer proves me wrong though and lights it up. It would be a great story if the Raiders made the playoffs this year.
10/18/11 3:52 PM
xcouturefan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waylay -  

Is Palmer going to be that much better for the team than David Garrard?

Garrard needs back surgery.

He's not playing anywhere this year.

10/18/11 4:08 PM
JackTheCon
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

leglockfan - As a Raiders fan I am not crazy about the price of the trade. I think Carson is a pretty badass QB and can produce very well but damn at the draft picks price. I actually would have rather seen Orton for a 5th or something. Curses... oh well seems like an emotional pickup... kind of a panic pickup

I like the trade. We really had no choice. Think about it. If the deal did not go through, they would have chased Vince Young hard. If Palmer is healthy, we have a better chance than with Boller or Young. Also, Pryor is nowhere near ready. This was his 1st official week with the Raiders after serving a suspension. I am not crazy about giving up 2 picks, but the 2013 1st round pick is conditional. Who knows what arrangement was made in the deal? Maybe it includes Palmer makes his incentives? Maybe it includes they make the playoffs? If it includes any incentive like or similar to the one mentioned above, then it is a win/win situation. If he does not meet the condition, whatever it maybe, then we do not lose the 2013 pick.
10/18/11 7:34 PM
Waylay

I hadn't heard about the Garrard surgery. Fair enough. Phone Post
10/18/11 11:09 PM
C1010
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Palmer looks thinner, I do think it was a good move. Whats the alternative? Boller? Pryor? No way.
10/20/11 6:34 PM
Alco Hauler
358 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jmunzies - 
Alco Hauler - 
thePetester - Agreed DaveFU. I am a Steelers fan, but I like it when the Bungals stink, but not the way Paul Brown is killing the fans throughout the last 20+years. I feel bad for the fans that continue to show up and support this cluster-f of a team.

Dont confuse Paul Brown with Mike Brown. Any football knowledge that Paul Brown's sperm might have had trickled down the crack of his wife's ass on the night Mike was conceived.

Somewhere in Cleveland, there is a pillow that could run this team better than Mike.

LMFAO!!! Can I use this when bitching about mike brown?

LMAO. Hell yeah. I forget writing that. It made me laugh. Haha.
10/20/11 6:59 PM
Alco Hauler
358 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great deal for the Bengals. I can't believe how well everything has worked out. Dalton is playing awesome. AJ Green is a stud. The defense is playing great. And they snabbed 2 early round picks for Palmer.

Things are looking up in Bengals Nation.

Which means either (A) Someone will get arrested this week, or (B) Someone important will blow out a knee in Seattle after the bye.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.