UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> I hate being a perfectionist!

1/24/11 10:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dustynothing
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I recorded my bands record and we were all satisfied with the mix. We send it to get mastered and we get it back and the kick drum is too big. So I remix it and resend it and now I feel it gets buried in certain parts. I feel I've been analyzing these songs for so long that I lost the ability to enjoy them. I feel because I recorded it, I will never be satisfied. The rest of the band thinks it's great, I am not very happy. There comes a point where you can work on it for so long, and you just have to accept it for what it is. It's unfortunate, but I hope one day after taking a break from it, I will be able to enjoy it.

Anyway, just needed to get that off of my chest.
1/25/11 11:50 AM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I understand how you feel. On my last project (http://www.visionsanddreams.net/audio.html) I recorded, mixed and mastered everything myself. On some of the songs I went kick by kick and adjusted levels for days...

Perfectionism can descend into "obsessive preoccupation".

I'm learning to trust others reactions and have a sense of "enough".

Demi
1/26/11 12:09 AM
dustynothing
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That stuff sounds good man! Well done.
1/26/11 10:27 AM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When does yours come out?
2/16/11 5:07 PM
dustynothing

Demitrius Barbito - When does yours come out?

Didn't see this! Just made a post about it, but I'll post the link here too: http://idolandthewhip.bandcamp.com/
2/22/11 8:23 PM
5th Dan Aikido Man
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
2/24/11 5:36 PM
Demitrius Barbito

Super FUN material!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.