UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pulver's problems caused by World of Warcraft?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1/26/11 2:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fake Rassler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/26/11 2:37 PM

I thought this was as stupid as "Franklin beat Chuck, so feed Chuck to JON JONES!" on BE at first:

It's been a hard time for Pulver. His gym in Idaho struggled to get off the ground and his obsession with World of Warcraft, an online multiplayer video game, became something friends described as more of an addiction than a pleasure. They would describe seeing a Pulver who looked more like a ghost than a man, pale as the fallen snow, unable to pull himself from his computer."

But then I looked on Sherdog and this was posted there in 2006:

Jens Pulver plays World of Warcraft
Apparently he doesnt just "Play" WoW...he "PLAYS" WoW.Hes a grand marshall.For those that dont know he probably spent minimum 8 hours a day for many many months to reach that rank.lol

Is it true? Could Pulver be the first high profile pro athlete struggling with WoW addiction? Is it time to go "server storm" whatever fag company it is that makes this game(s)? DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT COMPANY IT IS?
1/26/11 2:39 PM
Chris
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Partner
 WoW addiction can be just as serious as drugs or alchohol.
1/26/11 2:41 PM
LittleJoeMama
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My friend's brother lost his job, marriage and house over WOW. I'm sure he would have found another way to fuck up his life even if he hadn't found that stupid game.
1/26/11 2:42 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/26/11 2:42 PM

"shut up, foo!"

1/26/11 2:42 PM
nofatchicks

My bro was a big WoW guy. He actually had to quit because it affected so many areas of his life due to the amount of time he spent. He seriously had to treat it like any other addiction.
1/26/11 2:43 PM
PrideFC RIP

^^^lol Phone Post
1/26/11 2:44 PM
PrideFC RIP

At the image. Phone Post
1/26/11 2:45 PM
rookie29

Babies have died from idiots playing too much WoW. Phone Post
1/26/11 2:47 PM
Fake Rassler

Cyril Jeff - 

"shut up, foo!"

LOL kind of makes me want to play WoW, should I start guys??
1/26/11 2:49 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
 I got into an argument with snowden over this exact thing in the article. you can see it in the comments section. snowden is an ass.
1/26/11 2:51 PM
mkou

I started playing recently again, after a 3 years break. It can be addicting, but you just gotta fight back. Gonna go log in now ->
1/26/11 2:57 PM
discodrew
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that's so lame. I would much rather train and spar then play wow. cod is better anyways Phone Post
1/26/11 2:57 PM
ShanTheMan
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know plenty of seemingly normal guys that will skip doing real shit because they scheduled a "raid" or some shit. 40 hrs a week on that nonsense, seriously.
1/26/11 3:03 PM
Card
2494 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/26/11 3:07 PM
http://ortizmo.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=27

"i play a whole lot of World of Warcraft, burning legion ally side. named lil evil. let me know what server you play in and i can start one there, or you can meet up with me in burning legion, join the guild and get down. lol this is sweet, alright the rest of you reading this, it is time to start playing world of warcraft."
1/26/11 3:04 PM
jonolufc

What is it about WoW that people are getting addicted to? I used to play but once i'd got to the maximum level (i think it was 80 at the time) i'd be struggling to find a reason to play anymore...
1/26/11 3:05 PM
solidsnake
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris -  WoW addiction can be just as serious as drugs or alchohol.

Funny but true. I know of 2 married couples who went through some problems because of it!
1/26/11 3:06 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1794 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Pulver has somehow mixed himself up with the French, this will not end well
1/26/11 3:10 PM
adrenochrome
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pulver's account got hacked, last I heard he is completely done with the game. He was pretty pissed off.
1/26/11 3:11 PM
joe k
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jonolufc - What is it about WoW that people are getting addicted to? I used to play but once i'd got to the maximum level (i think it was 80 at the time) i'd be struggling to find a reason to play anymore...

Well getting to 80 seems one of the reasons..
1/26/11 3:14 PM
demonbasketball04
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Total Warcraft noob here....

What is it that makes the game so addicting?

Like I seriously have never not once ever seen/played the game for myslef.

The only thing I've seen about it aside from commercials is the South Park episode parody of it, which was fuckin HILARIOUS.

A few guys I used to work with at Circuit City 5 years ago played it, but they never seemed like freaks/addicts about it?
1/26/11 3:21 PM
beast06
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guys its no joke... 2009 I spent over 212 days on EverQuest. I had to quit and leave my computer at home and come to the Hitsquad. I would start playing around 11am and would not even look at the time till around 2-3am . I was sick. I would stay in on weekends and skip training and it showed. I was 2-5 for 2009. When I got away from the game I went 7-1 for 2010. It was like being another person. I would never find myself not haveing fun on the game.
1/26/11 3:22 PM
jittaz

holy shit i love pulver and what he has done for our favorite sport but really world of warcraft, shit is fuckin gay, as a fuckin fighter/warrion you think hed at least pick a manly good game such as cod or something not fuckin wow, holy shit lol
1/26/11 3:24 PM
ds1970
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

beast06 - Guys its no joke... 2009 I spent over 212 days on EverQuest. I had to quit and leave my computer at home and come to the Hitsquad. I would start playing around 11am and would not even look at the time till around 2-3am . I was sick. I would stay in on weekends and skip training and it showed. I was 2-5 for 2009. When I got away from the game I went 7-1 for 2010. It was like being another person. I would never find myself not haveing fun on the game.

Christ, sounds like you're talking about crack.
I'm glad I've never played it and now that I'm reading all of this, I never will.
1/26/11 3:24 PM
jacktripper

damn... its like nerd heroin
1/26/11 3:25 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1794 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jacktripper - damn... its like nerd heroin

lol
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.