UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> coyote as a pet

1/28/11 2:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jordan Pedreira
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how bad of an idea would this be?
1/28/11 3:06 AM
LetsTalkItOut
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How badass you mean... am I right?
1/28/11 3:07 AM
GucciGucciGucci
823 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awww coyoteh awww
1/28/11 3:11 AM
kinkle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome..... well until it gets loose and eats a fucking kid.
1/28/11 3:13 AM
Clem1183
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about a Liger that is pregnant by a gorilla?
1/28/11 3:16 AM
VARIOUS

Check this out. Kinda shows the issues with wild canines vs dogs a bit

One of the things they pointed out was that wild canines (wolves, coyote etc) don't even look at you the same way domesticated ones do. They proved that domesticated dogs scan your face in the same way humans do to read your emotions.

Had to follow and contain a female hybrid wolf once until it was darted. The alpha of the group also got out and was shot dead when it ran at a cop.

1/28/11 3:19 AM
VARIOUS

Check out the fox farms at 1:30

1/28/11 3:21 AM
VARIOUS

Actually this features the fox farm better and how they bred the aggressiveness out. Took like 8 generations. 
1/28/11 3:22 AM
VARIOUS

AT about 3min you will see some demon dogs in this one^
1/28/11 3:39 AM
UsedFleshlightEatingBull

there are cats that also raise wolverines. they need much more attention, as they are very aggressive. i'm just happy that humanity loved animals even thousands of years ago. the selective breeding of wolves payed off immensely. i seriously love my dog(a black lab). she is bred to be a good companion.
1/28/11 3:55 AM
garrote
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just watched Dogs Decoded the other day. Pretty cool stuff. Wish it was longer though. They were talking about how they mapped out the genome of a boxer, then went on about how they use that info to find out about diseases and such. But I just wanted to see how they got a boxer from a wolf. Ya know? Phone Post
1/28/11 4:08 AM
Missing Glove Tape

Beautiful animals, but you don't want to fuck around with a coyote as a pet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqVE9qfg7yI
1/28/11 4:11 AM
UsedFleshlightEatingBull

garrote -  I just watched Dogs Decoded the other day. Pretty cool stuff. Wish it was longer though. They were talking about how they mapped out the genome of a boxer, then went on about how they use that info to find out about diseases and such. But I just wanted to see how they got a boxer from a wolf. Ya know? Phone Post

it's all in the dna, brah. dna is seriously a map explaining where you have been genetically. it's amazing stuff.
1/28/11 4:28 AM
FRATE TRAIN Car-holed me

Missing Glove Tape - Beautiful animals, but you don't want to fuck around with a coyote as a pet.

That guy is a real idiot!
1/28/11 4:32 AM
Jons Forsberg

Missing Glove Tape - Beautiful animals, but you don't want to fuck around with a coyote as a pet.

good video, that guy didn't know what he was messing with. If for any reason he slipped and fell on his back in that snow the coyote would've had him for lunch.
1/28/11 4:53 AM
PR
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kinkle - Awesome..... well until it gets loose and eats a fucking kid.
1/28/11 5:01 AM
The Persian Devil
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So there are people who breed foxes for 8 generations so they can say they regularly cuddle with a fox?
1/28/11 5:19 AM
FRATE TRAIN Car-holed me

Wicked Enzo -  I have a 1:4 coyote and she is the nest dog ever. Loyal as any dog and is crazy smart plus very protective of me and her yard but generally good with people. If u come into the basement through the house no problem but you try and go through the back door you better watch out unless I'm there. Phone Post

nest abbreviation from nastiest?
1/28/11 5:21 AM
anthonyMI
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some guy thousands of years ago was the first to look at a wolf and want one as a pet.
1/28/11 5:26 AM
Jons Forsberg

The Persian Devil - So there are people who breed foxes for 8 generations so they can say they regularly cuddle with a fox?

3 generations and it wasn't about cuddling. Their experiment revealed that once the aggression was bred out of the foxes they changed physically and each generation began to gradually look like dogs. It's an awesome vid, watch it.
1/28/11 5:28 AM
The Persian Devil
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ will do when I get home from work
1/28/11 5:29 AM
GucciGucciGucci
823 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

!!!

Fox 'may have been prehistoric man's best friend'

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 8:43 AM on 28th January 2011

Early man may have preferred the fox as a pet rather than dogs, new findings suggest.

Researchers analysing remains at a prehistoric burial ground in Jordan have uncovered a grave in which a fox was buried with a human, dated thousands of years before dogs were kept as companions.

The University of Cambridge-led team believes that the unprecedented case - in which the remains of the animal and the man were then partially transferred to an adjacent grave - points to some kind of emotional link between human and fox.

Their research suggests that the fox may have been kept as a pet and was being buried to accompany its master, or mistress, to the afterlife.

If so, it marks the first known burial of its kind and suggests that long before man hunted foxes using dogs, our ancestors were keeping them as pets.

The cemetery, at Uyun-al-Hammam, in northern Jordan, is about 16,500 years old, which makes the grave 4,000 years older than the earliest known human-dog burial.

However, the close relationship between man and fox was probably short-lived. Writing in the journal, PLoS One, published today, the researchers say it is unlikely foxes were ever fully domesticated and, despite their early head start, humans took to the more companionable dog for pets as time went on.

Studies carried out on foxes suggest that they can be brought under human control, but that the process is not easy because they are skittish and timid  - so perhaps for that reason, the researchers suggest, dogs ultimately achieved 'best friend' status among humans instead.

1/28/11 7:59 AM
Animal Chin
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

coyotes make ok pets, not anything special though. they're like little smelly dogs. they're not very big, so i don't get people talking about one fucking you up. a little coyote is not going to have any grown man for lunch.

bobcats make good pets, but it would be wise to get them declawed if you plan on keeping them inside.
1/28/11 8:03 AM
hey mes
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
1/28/11 10:01 AM
Dean Demuro
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Animal Chin - coyotes make ok pets, not anything special though. they're like little smelly dogs. they're not very big, so i don't get people talking about one fucking you up. a little coyote is not going to have any grown man for lunch.

bobcats make good pets, but it would be wise to get them declawed if you plan on keeping them inside.

LOL at "little smelly dogs"

so true.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.