UnderGround Forums

Australasia UnderGround >> 02 Pan Pacs

1/29/11 7:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
paulmat
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just found a DVD of the 2002 Pan Pac's, that I ordered from some guy on the UG back in the day just after it happened.

Pretty cool to watch, and interesting to see what people were working on back in the day. Has George Sot, Cam Rowe and Dave Hart in the purple belt division, and also had Big Dave, Elvis and Perosh in the brown belt division.

Anyways, George Sot was rolling with a guy who basically based on his head, got rolled a little and appeared to get seriously injured.

Does anyone remember / know what happened to the guy ? Was he OK ?
1/29/11 7:29 PM
JJK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow!!! That is old, I believe it was Adam Kayoom(Gracie Sydney under Bruno Panno)! I was down there and George hurt his neck in the match, luckily it was ok afterewards just badly strained! I think it was 2002 but it doesn't exactly sound like something that would get mistaken!
1/29/11 7:41 PM
paulmat
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cheers JJK! :) Sounds about right, I can hear a distinctly Brazilian accent in the back ground shouting instructions, so assuming that is Bruno back in the day. :)
2/2/11 10:22 PM
byron2001
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paulo Guimares(spelling) most likely
3/6/11 8:52 PM
haunted
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was my first ever comp! Thought I was ripping after training for only 4 months, in my first fight I got arm barred by Andrew Gorton in about 30 seconds - was gutted! Thankfully I went on to win three or four fights in the open. I also remember Elvis vs Victor (Koral). Both Victor and Elvis kept on running out of the mat to avoid the take downs, funny how times change, that would be a dq now!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.