UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> left trap becomes numb

1/29/11 11:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
leon phelps
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From pretty much any upper body exercises or even longer periods of walking.

Has anyone else had this issue? Seen chiro, massage and PT, MRI on neck is normal.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
2/3/11 4:54 PM
GAME-DOG
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's your neck. probably c5 c6 or c7. get an mri. good luck. massage is good. no chiro!!!
2/4/11 1:41 AM
MattB ATC
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/04/11 1:44 AM
I think you missed the "MRI on neck is normal" part of the first post. And if it was a neck injury, it would most likely be associated with C4, as that dermatome level is at the upper trap area. C5 is more deltoid and upper arm and C6-7 are in the forearm/hand.

Did they rule out any thoracic outlet syndrome? Or brachial plexus injury?
2/6/11 7:34 PM
leon phelps
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey, thanks Matt. They have ruled out TOS. I have never heard of BPI, but upon researching it, I have a couple questions.

Does BPI have to occur after one particular incident? I have a lot of the same symptoms but no incidents that led directly to the symptoms I have now. Can BPI develop slowly over long periods of time? I'm 35, I have done a lot of weight lifting and wrestling over the years. I have had the EMG test on arms and that reports normal as well.
2/7/11 12:49 AM
MattB ATC
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brachial plexus injury is generally after a specific injury incident. best of luck with it all.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.