UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Did I just get scammed?

1/31/11 6:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mudderfaeg
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wasn't sure where else to post this, so I'll just post it here. My apologies if I pulled a "Wrong Forum Asshole".

Anyway, I just got paid and deposited my money to my debit card. I went to www.drjays.com and wanted to get the Beats by Dre studio headphones by monster. It declined my card saying it couldn't process my card at the moment or whatever. So I was thinking of trying again tomorrow but I was really excited so I went to MMAWarehouse.com to buy a shirt to see if it's the same problem with that site. It wasn't, there was no problem and I was able to purchase the shirt. I tried best buy, but they couldn't ship the headphones to Guam. I was looking at other sites and came across www.monsterbeats-outlet.com. The site seemed legit to me. The prices were 50% off too, so I was like "What the hell? I'll buy it" Then as soon as I was finished, I checked my email to look at the confirmation invoice. It said "Thanks for shopping with us today! Kindly be noted the payee on your bank statement will not be www.monsterbeats-outlet.com but XIUCHANG KEJI,which is our e-bank billing address.Pls feel ease! The following are the details of your order." Then bellow it shows what I ordered and how much and what not. 

Anyways, I'm pretty freaked out and mad right now that I may have just been scammed. 
Should I cancel my debit card and get a new one?

Thanks.

1/31/11 11:19 PM
Mudderfaeg
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

turducken -  lol @ buying stuff with a debit/credit card on random unknown websites, especially a site like that one...i dont think its possible for a website to look more shady.  some bastard in china is draining your account as we speak. 

seriously though, it is most likely just some piece of shit "company" that ripped you off and will send you a pair of complete junk headphones...similar to buying "high end" speakers out of some van in a parking lot.  i would still get a new card if i were you...who knows where your card info went with a website like that.  also in general its a bad idea to use a debit card....use a credit card.  you are putting your real money at risk using a debit card.

Thanks, now I know. I'm super paranoid now.
2/1/11 5:29 PM
Cookie Monster
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

General rule: Fuck using debit cards online. Credit cards are OK but NEVER a debit.
2/2/11 1:35 PM
StephenL
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

googling XIUCHANG KEJI will give you the answer.

all will be clearer.

stephen
2/5/11 1:23 AM
Shaz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Practical tip:  Use virtual account numbers, most credit card companies provide these.  You go on the website or download some software and whenever you need to make a one time on-line purchase they generate a new credit card number for you that's linked to your account.  The number expires after you use it, or you can set it to only work at a particular site, so it can't be used to rip you off.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.