Maryland Underground >> Ontario Open BJJ - Arpil 2 & 3 - 30k in prizes
|Add To Favorites | Share | Email | Subscribe | Edit Thread Title | Admin | Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs|
|1/31/11 3:42 PM|
Member Since: 9/13/06
Competitors, Coaches Friends,
We invite all Jiu-Jitsu academies to participate in the 2011 Ontario Open International Jiu-Jitsu Championships.
I’m very excited to let you know that 2011 Ontario Open International Jiu-Jitsu Championships is fast approaching.
2011 Ontario Open International Jiu-Jitsu Championships will take place on APRIL 2nd & 3rd at Seneca Colege, located at Finch St. , Toronto, Ontario.
With over 750 competitors competing in both Gi and Nogi matches during our two day tournament last year, it was very apparent that BJJ continues to grow each and every year. We had children as young as 5 competing and adults as old as 50 participating in the event. With competitors arriving from all over Canada and US, the Ontario Open Jiu-Jitsu is becoming an essential stop on everyone’s tournament schedule.
As always, we are going to utilize our pre-registration process as it allows us to schedule all of our divisions well in advance. As per this process, on the Friday before the tournament, we will release the schedule on our website, informing all of the competitors of their starting times. Be prepared to be on site 30 minutes before your starting time.
Our new venue will provide our competitors, spectators and sponsors with a much more comfortable and safe competitive environment.
The Ontario Open International Jiu Jitsu Championship is excited to announce some HUGE prizes for the 2011 event. This years absolute winners in the Gi divisions will receive a trip to the 2011 World Jiu Jitsu Championships in California. The following divisions will have a chance to win airfare, accommodations and entry to the IBJJF World Jiu Jitsu Championships June 02/03/04/05.
Female Blue/Purple/Brown/Black combined Absolute.
Male Purple Belt combined until -167 pounds (Light Absolute)
Male Purple Belt combined until +167 pounds (Heavy Absolute)
Male Brown/Black Belt combined until -167 pounds (Light Absolute)
Male Brown/Black Belt combined until +167 pounds (Heavy Absolute)
And more $30,000 in prizes.
About the event:
• We follow 100% IBJJF rules
• 6 matted competition areas
• The competition area is sectioned off and only competitors are allowed access.
• Matted warm-up area for competitors.
• Our event is sanctioned by the Ontario Jiu Jistu Association(OJA) and is part of the Ontario Provincial Championship. The OJA is the only body in Ontario recognized by the Ministry of Health Promotions to run BJJ tournaments.
Registration opens on February 27th and will be closed on MARCH 28th or when full capacity reached. Based on last year's tournament, we are going to have a tremendous turnout.
This year we will close the registration when full capacity is reached, we don't charge for late registration, but remember, doing an early registration you help us to organize the tournament better and you save your spot.
Remember that if you are the only one in your division, we will refund your money, and you can still compete in the absolute for free.
Make sure you do not miss this event! For more information, please visit us online at www.ontarioopenbjj.com
Support our facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ontario-Open-BJJ/485943985643
and event page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=182758848405371
Thank you from the Ontario Open International Jiu Jitsu Championship.
|3/10/11 11:08 AM|
Member Since: 9/13/06
Some important things to remember about the 2011 Ontario Open.
1) We are giving 5 trips to California to comepte at the World Jiu Jitsu Championship in June.
2) All Winners in the Juniors , Adults and Masters divisions will receive a Event Rashguard.
3) 250 first competitors to sign up will receive an event t-shirt.
4) All Absolute winners in the Blue , Purple , Brown and Black GI divisions will receive a Redstar GI.
5) All competitors 16 years and older will receive 1 Xyience Energy Dring and 1 Xyience Power Shot
6) All competitors will receive a bottle of GP8 Watersport.
7) This is a pre-registration tournament only.
8) After 10 days of registrations we have almost 400 competitors registered.
9) Last year 750 competitors were at the Ontario Open, this year we are waiting for 1000 competitors coming from all over Canada and US.
You have ignored this user.
You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.