UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> Dog behavior problems- need some help

1/31/11 4:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
anonymousone
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay, so my dog is being really bad lately. Hoping some of you can give me some outside opinions from my own.

My dog- 7 year old male Staffy bull terrier.
Completely potty trained. Never had accidents or any kind of problems at my house. Before I got my doggy door installed I could leave him all day and come back with no problems.

Here is what is going on. I sold my house 5 months ago and have been living with my parents until my next place closes in 2 weeks.

He has been wetting/marking consistently inside their home. When we first moved in he was good and never did it. Now I have to really keep my eye on him. Before I could leave him unattended for hours, now I cant.

Final straw on this problem. Left him in my room with the doors to the main house closed (didnt put him in the cage) Took him out before I left to pee.Was gone for less than three hours. Come back he had jumped up on my bed and peed on it.

I know its not a bladder thing. He can hold it all day if he is in his cage. Before he was marking the parents 'areas' and never even thought about in my personal area. Now he has.

I dont think this a a re potty training situation. I move into a small townhouse in 2 weeks so whatever the problem is it will be much easier to fix in the smaller area.

Any ideas? Could it be a bladder thing due to age? Boredom? Lashing out?

He used to get free roam when I owned my own house and was gone. Hate to not trust him and have to cage whenever not there.

Oh ya, sorry- FRAT
1/31/11 7:30 PM
anonymousone
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he has been neutered since he was less than a year old. Not really any anxiety issues. Gets bored easily. Have not had him checked out by the vet yet. Have not taken him to vet because he can easily hold it in his cage (his area) for long periods of time.

2/1/11 8:19 PM
MikeFL152
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crate training all over again. you need to teach him that the only place hes allowed to piss is outside.
2/11/11 3:33 PM
MichaelVronsky
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

its a stressful situation for the dog. revert to crate training. show him a consistent regular scheule.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.