UnderGround Forums

Tennessee Underground >> Premier Martial Arts

2/1/11 12:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
djmackocean11
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone have any information about the main premier martial arts gym that is on Kingston Pike?? Who are the instructors there and how are the guys. I am moving from Florida where I am training with Rich Crunkilton and am moving up there and I think it is where I may go to, but I don't really know a whole lot about the gym. Any helpful advice would be great. Thanks.
2/14/11 8:04 PM
poontang12

Really nice facility, BUT just about all the good instructors have left. More of a TKD place now. The previous guys teaching there were Ben Harrison (BJJ BB), Rafaello Oliveria (BJJ BB), Josh Cates (BJJ BB), Terry Bullman (Krav)...they all opened their own school around town. Ben and Josh both have pretty good MMA programs as well....Shield Systems MMA off of Pellissippi and Hardin Valley, and Pinnicle MMA/KAOS downtown near UT campus.
Its too bad about PMA because it was an amazing place with cage and boxing ring and lots of mat space...but owner didn't want to develop the MMA program...oh well
2/17/11 3:32 PM
djmackocean11

Any word on KMAA or where the best jiu jitsu places are in the area?
2/19/11 8:38 AM
poontang12

don't know much about kmaa, but Rafaello is there now. Lots of goods places in KV, just a matter of peference. I'm @ shield systems, just like the way Ben Harrison teaches and the guys there, Samuel Braga is right near PMA off of KP @ GB school...don't think they do nogi tho and Cates has a pretty good program but is located downtown which is a bit far. if you're near Maryville, one of helio soneca's BB has a school, but i think its only wed and sat...lots of guys from other schools go there for drop ins. good luck
3/5/11 9:22 AM
Sortilege
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KMAA is the best MMA school in Knoxville. Our fighters have fought on bigger shows, more frequently, against tougher competition, for more money all around the world than all the others schools in Knoxville combined.

Rafaello is a great BJJ coach (and of course former UFC vet).

What did you want to know about KMAA?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.