UnderGround Forums

Anaconda No-Gi UnderGround >> Rustam Chsiev and K Dojo

2/1/11 5:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tap21
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rustam Chsiev has been kicking ass in Grapplers Quest for the last little while.

Has anyone ever trained at his gym K Dojo (www.kdojo.com)?

Are they doing something special there or is Chsiev just a super athlete (or both)?

It sounds like the head coach is a serious wrestler with some Sambo and Judo training. Here's his bio:

Murat Keshtov (Master K) He has a strong wrestling
background that is typical to North Caucasus discipline. He has a well rounded MMA training along with a good cross training experience in Russian Sambo and Judo. His coaching abilities are superb. He has trained Ozzy over a course of less than 2yrs. to become N.A.G.A. World Champion and absolute champion in various N.A.G.A. events. Under
his guidance and support Brigitte, who trained for less than 15 months has become top 2009 female no gi grappler. He has led Rus to become Grapplers Quest advanced division champion. Coach Keshtov holds a Bachelors degree in judo and physical education.
2/2/11 7:21 AM
HoldYerGround
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What gives you the impression that his coach is "a serious wrestler with 'some' Sambo and Judo training"? I see nothing about him being a wreslter.
2/2/11 10:56 AM
JerseyJoeJitsu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I could see where someone gets that impression. Rus has a very wrestling based style. I've seen him Karellin lift people during matches, its fucking awesome.

One would think that since Rus has this style, his coach would as well.

I love watching Rus compete. I think he's doing MMA now too. UFC bound, no doubts in my mind. Kids one of the best grapplers alive. 
2/2/11 3:34 PM
Tap21
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/02/11 3:39 PM
HoldYerGround -  What gives you the impression that his coach is "a serious wrestler with 'some' Sambo and Judo training"? I see nothing about him being a wreslter.

The part of his bio on his website (quoted above) that says:

"He has a strong wrestling background [...] with a good cross training experience in Russian Sambo and Judo."
2/3/11 7:23 PM
Tap21

WRESTLENOW - wrestling isn't shit, i could pull gward and nogi clock choke that rassler any day.- atama bjjfags

Hahahaha. Exactly why this No-Gi forum is a good idea.
2/4/11 5:43 PM
Tap21

A good Absolute division phenom match would be Chsiev and Gunnar Nelson.
2/9/11 9:44 PM
akebh
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did Rus ever have his match with Joao Assis? How'd it go? Rus is a beast for sure..so is Ozzy. Ozzy had a great match with Tom Manelski at the Head to Head comp in wall. Rus won the absolute i believe
2/10/11 12:02 PM
mmanthebay
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw Rustam compete last year in Lemoore. Very strong, aggressive and tough. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.