UnderGround Forums

New York Underground >> New MMA and BJJ School on Long Island New York

2/1/11 5:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HybridElite
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey guys,

I’m just letting everyone in the Long Island area know there is a new MMA and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu school.

The schools is also co owned and operated by Ryan LaFlare, a top prospect and current ROC welterweight champ.

This is one the of the only true MMA schools on Long Island, there are classes in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Boxing, Wrestling, and Mixed Martial Arts.

We are located at
1 gear Avenue Lindenhurst, N.Y.

631 592 8339

For more information check out our website www.limixedmartialarts.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igqFuBgAdo0&feature=player_embedded
3/14/11 6:12 PM
Macsmma
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the info. We maintain a list of mma gyms in New York state and didn't have Ryan's new gym on there. Yes, Ryan is an up and coming fighter and is currently ranked #5 on the www.macsmma.com NY fighter rankings for welterweights. I'll add the info on the gym shortly. 
5/31/11 12:45 AM
Kneeblock
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool list of places, though I know a few of those academies and there is definitely no legit MMA program to speak of at them.  Also, there's a couple omissions such as Brian McLaughlin's gym in Poughkeepsie, Bronx Martial Arts Academy in the Bronx, Tech-Cell/Red Dragon Jiu Jitsu in Centereach, Jungle Gym in the Bronx, Jojo Guarin's academy in White Plains and Shaolin in midtown.
12/6/12 9:04 PM
Belligerent
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/06/12 9:06 PM
Hey, Macsmma! Sorry if I overlooked it, but I didn't notice Maxum on your list of schools on LI.

http://www.maxumbjj.com/

Also for Vamos MMA, Chris and Alex are Joe D'Arce blackbelts.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.