UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Tempurpedic vs. Sleep Number Beds

2/2/11 3:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sparkyman
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sparkyman - 
Keith McKay - Okay, I'm a rep, so pardon my bias:

a COMFORPEDIC gives you more specialty foam and also is proven to sleep over 2 degrees cooler than a normal foam bed like Tempur

Sleep Number beds are rumored to be terrible. It's like a waterbed (where do you get those these days), if your power goes out, you're screwed. the number changes overnight.

If you are in Chicago or close, I can get you a deal on whatever you decide.

What is the difference with the comforpedic "loft" type mattress. They are about 1/3 the price.
ttt

2/2/11 6:36 PM
TheDigitalRuler
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
2/2/11 9:08 PM
Keith McKay
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sparkyman - 
sparkyman - 
Keith McKay - Okay, I'm a rep, so pardon my bias:

a COMFORPEDIC gives you more specialty foam and also is proven to sleep over 2 degrees cooler than a normal foam bed like Tempur

Sleep Number beds are rumored to be terrible. It's like a waterbed (where do you get those these days), if your power goes out, you're screwed. the number changes overnight.

If you are in Chicago or close, I can get you a deal on whatever you decide.

What is the difference with the comforpedic "loft" type mattress. They are about 1/3 the price.
ttt

Good question. A LOFT is a lower grade mattress than a regular comforpedic.

BOTH have:
Cooler sleep (approx 2.4 degrees)
quicker recovery than a Tempur or other
maintain consistent feel over wider range of temps.

LOFT is missing:
2lbs in density (3.5 is still pretty damn good tho)
latex
edge support (Comforpedic is the ONLY all foam to have edge support tho)
slightly less warranty (no biggie)
2/2/11 9:10 PM
Keith McKay
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if you are going innerspring, you want to go with a reputable pocketed coil- not a crappy wire tied innerspring.
3/27/11 4:08 PM
Cire
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for more info
3/27/11 9:19 PM
Keith McKay

What would you like to know?
3/27/11 9:32 PM
Keith McKay

99% after the 90 day trial love them with no regrets. 100% of those who return it hated it!!!

lol
3/27/11 11:04 PM
Keith McKay

Firm is not proven to help a lower back. I'm glad you found a good bed for you though. Horrible thing to get wrong.
3/27/11 11:27 PM
emotion #13
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone else have a Comforpedic vs a Tempur?? I'm gonna be in the market next month. Our Stearns and Foster is sagging after 8yrs. Phone Post
3/27/11 11:27 PM
emotion #13
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone else have a Comforpedic vs a Tempur?? I'm gonna be in the market next month. Our Stearns and Foster is sagging after 8yrs. Phone Post
3/27/11 11:38 PM
Keith McKay

Wider range of feels, edge support, doesn't sleep hot, easier to fuck on.

CP > TP
3/27/11 11:44 PM
FCTV808
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just got back from a trip staying at sheratons, hiltons and marriots.

hilton beds ftmfw
3/27/11 11:49 PM
emotion #13

^Im a Hilton Diamond member and do like their beds but they are nothing super special. Westin beds on the other hand are super nice. Phone Post
3/27/11 11:49 PM
emotion #13

^Im a Hilton Diamond member and do like their beds but they are nothing super special. Westin beds on the other hand are super nice. Phone Post
3/27/11 11:59 PM
FCTV808
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh man, westin beds are awesome! i normally don't stay at westins, but when i do... oh man!
3/28/11 12:02 AM
Keith McKay

Westin bed is the "heavenly bed"

Simmons makes that one, likely one of the most requested mattresses ever.

Funny enough, you can buy one for about $699 or so
3/28/11 12:06 AM
FCTV808

the heavenly bed is pretty killer. i still like the suite dreams bed by serta. :)
3/28/11 1:24 AM
Frontin
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you can now get both with the tempurpedic ergo adjustable base

http://www.tempurpedic.com/Adjustable-Bases/Adjustable-Bases.asp
3/28/11 10:19 AM
Keith McKay

Pretty much everything my company builds can go on an ergo base. Not my thing, kind of expensive, and I can see how some would like it.

Serta and Sealy make a good be til the padding wears down. The coil system leaves much to be desired (pressure points and motion transfer)

Pocketed coil or foam are the way to go.
3/28/11 11:21 AM
Billco
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

have a temper. The mattress pad DEFINITELY cooled it down. Great bed. As someone said earlier, kind of hard to f*ck on. Being married, that isn't really an issue anymore:(
3/28/11 11:45 AM
Lurken
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
3/28/11 12:22 PM
Chang

Keith McKay - Westin bed is the "heavenly bed"

What is the name and where can you get it for $699? That sounds awesome. I want to get one!
3/28/11 12:22 PM
Chang

Keith McKay - Westin bed is the "heavenly bed"

What is the name and where can you get it for $699? That sounds awesome. I want to get one!
3/28/11 12:24 PM
Chang

PS. Any tips on the best pillows? I have neck problems and can't sleep on most pillows without it hurting. Tried a variety of things and none has worked so far. Sometimes I even sleep without a pillow, but my neck still hurts since slightly crooked.

Thank you!
3/28/11 1:28 PM
RIPLEY

I used to own a Tempurpedic and I returned it. It was very comfortable but the chemical smell (like you just had your house painted didn't go away during the trial period which was something like 30 days. At the time I was in a highrise 2 bedroom condo and the whole place smelled like a chemical factory.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.