UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> How do you guys keep track of time an invoices?

2/2/11 9:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HaMMerHouseFAN
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just wondering what you solo practioners use to keep track of time and to make invoices for clients? I have an iPhone and was trying to find some programs on there as well as ones for the computer but thought I would ask here first?

Thanks

2/4/11 6:15 PM
Cookie Monster
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good question
2/5/11 2:29 PM
Cookie Monster
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some people use a program called Time Matters Phone Post
2/11/11 5:09 PM
pm1964
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a bookkeepper who takes entries that I type of and eamiled to her, and then she inputs it into Time Slips, and generates a pre-bill. I review the pre-bill, make any necessary changes, and she generates and mials out invoices. Viola! Some people send me money.
2/12/11 4:27 PM
Trust
583 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have never tracked my time, ever.  Patent work is very easy to flat fee, and since the clients are usually large corporations that like to budget things, they love flat fees.  Some things I'm probably getting paid $1000/hr on, but sometimes I run into something that requires a lot of time and I end up working for $50/hr. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.