UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> Monsters Ball won the battle

2/6/11 1:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Floppy Divac
454 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"basically phoning in the first part of the season then picking it up in the 2nd half."

Too old, slow, and weak.  Not gonna happen.
2/6/11 3:14 PM
CRBMoney14
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I do agree all the panic in LA is a bit much.

Theyll be fine
2/6/11 5:04 PM
PTM2020
1270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/06/11 5:05 PM
Floppy Divac -  "basically phoning in the first part of the season then picking it up in the 2nd half."

Too old, slow, and weak.  Not gonna happen.

we aint any older than Boston.

Laker starters
PG 30 
RA 31 
AB 23 
KB 32 
DF 36 
--------- 
Aver = 30.4 

Boston starters
KG 34 
PP 33 
KP 26 
RA 35 
RR 24 
--------- 
Aver = 30.4 

and if you subtract Ratliff and Joe Smith who never even play we are at an average age of 29.

i don't think there has ever been a championship team with an average age roster under 28.   I'll take experience and poise when it counts over youth any day.

2/6/11 5:27 PM
Floppy Divac
454 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big men are weaker(not talking about just starters), point guard is slower and far less talented than Boston's.
2/6/11 5:45 PM
PTM2020
1270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/06/11 6:00 PM
 Not sure about that.  

Pau gets the soft label but throughout the last 3 playoff years he made guys like Boozer, Kenyon Martin and Amare look like byatches.

Last night he fucking LIT UP David West for 34pts 10 reb.
Bynum is coming back from surgery and is still finding his groove with glimpses of dominance as time goes on.

and as far as the bench Lamar, fueled by Kardashian love, has been tearing shit up and is having the 2nd best year of his career at 15.7ppg 9.6rpg.

The main thing with the lakers this year has been lack of effort and disinterest.

They'll get that back and they'll be ok.

2/6/11 7:29 PM
quick
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is David West supposed to be a defensive ace now? I mean really is that something to brag about. And that is ignoring that the Hornets are playing without their center.

And Lamar may be playing statistically well, but he single handedly had the worse play in the Celts and Spurs game.

The disinterest excuse doesn't hold water either as your own team expressed some pain at losing these "unimportant" statement games.
2/6/11 9:18 PM
PTM2020

^which is something that they finally had to do after those losses. something they've never said all year which is a good sign finally.

and the point about Pau is he can light it up when he is on and he's done it time and time again against the best PF's in the league in the biggest games.

feel free to  start counting your eggs already though and go ahead and write them off.
2/6/11 10:55 PM
quick
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So you honestly like your chances if you only have home court for the first round? And don't mistake my celebrating your teams potential demise as me thinking my team has clinched another ring. That couldn't be further from the truth.
2/6/11 11:38 PM
PTM2020

Edited: 02/06/11 11:39 PM
the only team i am concerned about with hca is boston. maybe orlando but not as much.  anyone else i'm pretty comfortable with. 
2/7/11 12:05 AM
Floppy Divac

PTM, seeing as it was superbowl sunday I gotta ask, were you drinking today? and if so, how much?  thanks :)
2/7/11 5:20 AM
CRBMoney14

Mavs are the only team out West with a shot at the Lakers. Spurs just dont have enough weapons
2/7/11 4:51 PM
PTM2020

Edited: 02/07/11 4:53 PM
Floppy Divac - PTM, seeing as it was superbowl sunday I gotta ask, were you drinking today? and if so, how much?  thanks :)

LOL

this ones for you brotha!

and yeah.   there are quite a bit of good solid teams that are playing out of this world this year.

ofcourse no one expected the Spurs to be doing what they are doing and are going to be a tough grind out opponent again.   Dallas can give anyone a run for their money and OKC is just so damn youthful and explosive.

Miami is putting it together much in the way people were hoping they wouldn't,  Orlando can beat anyone right now and Boston is Boston.

If lakers continue to struggle towards the end of the year and don't have momentum leading up to the playoffs then my suicide watch will probably be in full effect come may.  

Even a full strength Lakers will have an arguably tougher set of playoff and ECF opponents to deal with than the past few years.

2/7/11 4:59 PM
quick

The Spurs don't have enough weapons? WTF? Do you even watch ball?
2/7/11 5:08 PM
quick

PTM2020 - the only team i am concerned about with hca is boston. maybe orlando but not as much.  anyone else i'm pretty comfortable with. 

As it stands right now, if all of the favorites advanced, your road to the finals would have you facing the Nuggets at home, followed by Dallas on the road, then SA on the road, and finally the Celts on the road. You are one optimistic mofo if you think LA could make it through that meat grinder.

Defending champs or not, I think you are going to have to have home court for the first and second round, to have a legit shot at three peating.
2/7/11 6:13 PM
PoundforPound
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

quick - The Spurs don't have enough weapons? WTF? Do you even watch ball?

You seem upset?
2/7/11 6:32 PM
quick

Actually I think it is more funny than anything. Our no weapon selves got by LA with a two game total of 10 points for Timmy. And something like 8-29 shooting for Manu. Two of the big three have lackluster offensive games and yet we still whoop up on your team.
2/7/11 6:37 PM
CRBMoney14

quick - The Spurs don't have enough weapons? WTF? Do you even watch ball?

Call me crazy but I dont think Gary Neal and Matt Bonner are players i want in my championship rotation.

Maybe weapons was the wrong phrase. I just dont think their depth matches up.

But Ive only seen probably 5 Spurs games this year, so I coul.d be terribly wrong
2/7/11 7:38 PM
quick

Well I might agree with you about Bonner, as he turns into the anti-Horry come playoff time. But Blair, Hill, Neal, Dice, and Jefferson aren't exactly chopped liver this season. Hell I think a lot of teams would love to have our end of the bench guys, Tiago and Anderson, in their regular rotation.
2/7/11 7:39 PM
PTM2020

quick - 
PTM2020 - the only team i am concerned about with hca is boston. maybe orlando but not as much.  anyone else i'm pretty comfortable with. 

As it stands right now, if all of the favorites advanced, your road to the finals would have you facing the Nuggets at home, followed by Dallas on the road, then SA on the road, and finally the Celts on the road. You are one optimistic mofo if you think LA could make it through that meat grinder.

Defending champs or not, I think you are going to have to have home court for the first and second round, to have a legit shot at three peating.
We've closed out good teams on the road many times.   It will be very tough though but ultimately in a 7 game series I think our bigs vs anyone elses bigs will be the difference.

2/7/11 7:48 PM
quick

Well here's to hoping everyone stays healthy, and we get to see some epic playoff games.
2/7/11 11:43 PM
PTM2020

Indeed,  it 'could' be a tossup honestly and it may all come down to who has the best momentum going into it.

2/7/11 11:54 PM
PTM2020

or Monster Ball just may win the battle, all because of this thread.
2/9/11 4:43 PM
quick

The CURSE!!!!! It's real!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.