UnderGround Forums

Florida Underground >> Management

2/4/11 3:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JesseLawrence
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey, thought I might be able to get some good advice here. I'm getting to the point where I'm thinkin about taking on a manager to get my Career in MMA rolling the way it should be. Any suggestions on where to look. I know nothing about who is good out there and what I should be paying a guy at this point in time.
2/8/11 9:27 AM
chasedelong
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ill manage you. i just need your social security number and check routing number address and a spare key to your house. and then we split 50/50....just the show up money though cause i get all of the win bonus cause thats just how it works.
2/8/11 2:49 PM
JesseLawrence
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chasedelong -  ill manage you. i just need your social security number and check routing number address and a spare key to your house. and then we split 50/50....just the show up money though cause i get all of the win bonus cause thats just how it works.

deal
2/8/11 2:53 PM
JesseLawrence

rosario02 -  What exactly are you expecting the manager to do for you? Most of the time, these guys are just there to rip you off-- fighting is a sport where you can market yourself all you want, but the fighting is going to do the talking.. Just train hard and win, the larger promotions and sponsorships will come in on their own-- no need for a manager Phone Post

I'm mostly looking for someone who can get me sponsorships and promotional stuff. I'm winning fights so far so hopefully I will continue that lol. I don't know that I'm immediately looking to put someone on right now, just would like to talk to some good managers out there that are already established. I really just want to know what's out there before I decide on something down the road. I work 2 jobs on top of training 5-6 days a week, so a lot of that extra stuff while easy for someone else to do just isn't in my time budget so having someone deal with all that would be nice so that I may get to a point where I just train full time and nothing else.
2/11/11 3:48 PM
HOSEGOOD
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rosario02 - What exactly are you expecting the manager to do for you? Most of the time, these guys are just there to rip you off-- fighting is a sport where you can market yourself all you want, but the fighting is going to do the talking.. Just train hard and win, the larger promotions and sponsorships will come in on their own-- no need for a manager Phone Post

LOL
2/11/11 6:18 PM
JesseLawrence

HOSEGOOD - 
rosario02 - What exactly are you expecting the manager to do for you? Most of the time, these guys are just there to rip you off-- fighting is a sport where you can market yourself all you want, but the fighting is going to do the talking.. Just train hard and win, the larger promotions and sponsorships will come in on their own-- no need for a manager Phone Post

LOL

Yeah, I've never heard of sponsors knocking on anyones door to just give away money, you def. need someone business savvy to go out and do things for you.
2/21/11 4:37 PM
XfcfitnesS
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look for someone who is experienced in business someone who you truly trust. Most of the people in this business I have found out have little business experience. You can apply for sponsorship in meantime without a manager most companies accept online applications and will consider you based on #of fights exposure and any other benefits you bring to their brand, such as if you are an instructor for instance that suggests their product to students etc.
2/21/11 4:38 PM
XfcfitnesS

Look for someone who is experienced in business someone who you truly trust. Most of the people in this business I have found out have little business experience. You can apply for sponsorship in meantime without a manager most companies accept online applications and will consider you based on #of fights exposure and any other benefits you bring to their brand, such as if you are an instructor for instance that suggests their product to students etc.
2/26/11 8:11 AM
RickRude

suckerpunch, white chocolate, MC Hammer, and Koscheck's management they're pretty big... Phone Post
3/3/11 12:08 PM
RBerman

Jesse,

Contact me at ryan@exclammation.com.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.