UnderGround Forums

Anaconda No-Gi UnderGround >> dealing with strong wrestlers

2/6/11 6:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cshadbolt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

does anyone have any advice or tips on how best to approach submission grappling with people with a strong wrestling base
i had my first real experience with this today and it was very humbling. It seemed like a completely separate strategy might be useful as oppposed to competing against purely jiu jitsu based people.
2/6/11 5:52 PM
PrettyBoy
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not his base that is humilliating you rather than the fact he is used to competing in a sport where you actually have to test yourself everyday . That builds mental fortitude and makes you work on your physical abilities to help you thatmatter when you lock horns. You should start changing your mindset and doing the same. Or you can continue to be a pussy and try the " use leglocks" advice that is surley coming down the pipe. Phone Post
2/7/11 2:42 AM
cshadbolt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUCK YEAH LEG LOCKS!!!!!!
2/7/11 12:42 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

must. break. down. their. base

obviously easier said than done. my "trick" against wrestlers who come in wrestling into no-gi is to make em work and tire them out...if that fails then you're probably screwed until you get your technique up.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.