UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Inside trip technique

2/25/11 5:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Persian Devil
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Martyspike - 
Smith - I think there are 2 parts.
The control and the trip.

In my opinion, the trip can be successful from many controls: Underhook, 2on1, over..

Using controls to force the opponent into posting most of his weight onto a leg, will expose him to the technique.

But, establishing these controls is the dilemma.

This is why I said that you pull on the underhook so he takes a step forward. The weight transfers onto that leg and bam, there she is. However, there are endless different ways of doing it.

4/13/11 4:48 PM
TheRealJoker
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to make this my money move. Best instructionals to refence? Phone Post
4/13/11 5:57 PM
Sean Quinn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Check out Gia Sissouri. Canadian resident via Russia. AMAZING wrestler.
4/14/11 11:49 PM
JoshuaResnick
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yea, as a judoka/wrestling coach, i can honetly tell you that the throw isnt in the grips or hooks... the throw is in the way the person sets it up and moves or "freezes" his opponent in a bad position so the technique can be applied.

if you suck at the technique but are great at the set-ups you will still win a lot... however, if you are great in technique and suck at setting it up, you will never win.
4/15/11 12:02 PM
Martyspike

Edited: 04/15/11 12:03 PM
^^thats an excellent piece of advice.

Set ups are everything. Something that im really trying to work on alot.
6/22/11 10:21 PM
DaddyO4
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
7/15/11 12:50 PM
BshMstr

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - Im watching alot of different technique videos on this move. i used to do it when i wrestled in college and in grappling tournaments but not too much in my mma career thus far.

Alot of top level coaches teach it to the overhook side and alot to the underhook side when tied up in an over/under or 50/50 position.

Opinions from some of the wrestlers on here? any videos also for reference?

a training partner of mine really liked it, but he wrestled southpaw, so i think the setup was easier that way.

i'm not sure how much i'd use it in MMA though...don't you usually end up in your opponent's guard?
7/15/11 1:41 PM
The Persian Devil
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I usually end up in half guard since the non hooking leg is outside the opponents leg.
7/24/11 1:22 PM
tiger07
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

Great clip, too, Bull In A China Shop!
9/7/11 8:14 PM
JoshuaResnick
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i dont care which side it is throws from. this is personal. if you are a lefty fighting a righty then you will almost always be throwing from your power side against his the power side. if you are a righty fighting a righty then your power side will be throwing against his weak side.

btw... by power side i mean top-hand and weak side i mean sleeve/support hand.

9/13/11 10:32 PM
Administrator
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like being with one underhook or and over under, doing a baseball throw shuffle kinda thing then going almost perpindicualr to the person while scuring the trip, i put my whole leg from knee down on the ground when its in deep. Then drop a hand to the back of the knee while pushing him over with my momentum and other hand. For me i use it like an ankle pick with my leg and a normal knee pick at the same time, Really effective for me.

Thats basically how they teach it at northwestern also. Phone Post
9/17/11 2:33 AM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everytime I hit inside trips I end up in my opponents guard, 100% of the time actually. I am also 100% ok with that position. I have a good top game and I only compete in MMA now so I can strike and not just work BJJ guard passing. Phone Post
10/26/11 9:28 PM
mendelson
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - Im watching alot of different technique videos on this move. i used to do it when i wrestled in college and in grappling tournaments but not too much in my mma career thus far.

Alot of top level coaches teach it to the overhook side and alot to the underhook side when tied up in an over/under or 50/50 position.

Opinions from some of the wrestlers on here? any videos also for reference?
Hey Mike. It can be dine to the undergook side, becase if te man steps back and out, the aggressor can convert to an outside single leg attack if he has proper head position, but this is typically considered poor technique. Tripping to the overhook side and trapping that arm as you slide your arm and head down are considered proper form. As tou said- a lot of coaches teach it, not many teach it right. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.