UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> So really what is the best dog food?

2/8/11 4:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ArtWanderlei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This debate comes up every now and then on the OG.

What should you be feeding your dog?

I use Iams because that is what the Humane Society recommended, but have since heard it is shit.....
2/8/11 11:17 PM
MikeFL152
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the absolute best is a raw diet. the best dogfoods are the ones you cant buy at walmart. Petco has some good food, wellness, etc. if the first 5 ingredients are mystery meals and grains, then its basically ground up guts and animal feet. right now i feed chicken soup for the dog lovers(or whatever) good balance of quality and affordability.
2/11/11 3:31 PM
MichaelVronsky
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

skip the iams art.

check out www.dogfoodanalysis.com
2/12/11 7:29 PM
Unseen626

I use Eukanuba for my Pit.
2/25/11 11:13 AM
Bitters
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use Acana

low/no grains, and almost produced entirely from your region
2/26/11 11:52 AM
HTMLfail

The best commercially available dog food is probably The Honest Kitchen.
3/3/11 5:25 AM
Mudderfaeg
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Horse meat. Look at Alistair Overeem. 
5/10/11 1:24 PM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Solid Gold, WOLFKING formula. I also have had great results with Blue Buffalo.

Iams, Eukanuba, Purina, etc. are horseshit.
5/21/11 5:34 PM
MikeFL152
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i agree on the solid gold, does have a bit of fillers in it, but my dogs do great on it
7/13/11 11:35 PM
alkysmurf
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eagle pak ftw! they have it in normal or hollistic formulas. i used the non hollistic-large/giant breed formula for my argentine dogo and he's a beast around 140-150lbs and as long as he gets minimal exercise (not always the case when my kids arent around) its solid weight not fat. i highly recomend it for any dog/size/breed onlt downside is the price 40$ for a 30lbs bag and ive been told some breeds have gas problems fom it. but my kaiser is a stinky f anyway so...
8/9/11 3:10 PM
Dmclat
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Innova is my brand of choice for the dog and cat.
9/9/11 4:23 AM
gr8fuldreadz

I feed my dogs Natures Variety raw food, It comes frozen in tubes like ground beef. We were feeding them Primal raw nuggets with organic fruits and veggies but it got to expensive. When I switched from kibble to raw it I instantly noticed improvements in my dogs from breath, coat looked and smelled better just to name a few. If you can afford it I highly recommend Natures Variety. The "Chubs" weigh 6lbs and cost about 6$ a piece, and my 85# female pitbull eats 3/4 on one a day.
9/9/11 10:23 AM
MikeFL152

about to finish the first bag of Taste of The Wild, found a good deal on it close to home, $42/35lb bag. very good grain-free food.
9/9/11 11:38 AM
HTMLfail

MikeFL152 - about to finish the first bag of Taste of The Wild, found a good deal on it close to home, $42/35lb bag. very good grain-free food.

I'm baffled that they get away with charging what they do. I'm not saying it's a bad food but it's certainly not worth more than $1/lb. Especially considering their ethoxyquin history. I damn sure wouldn't buy any TOTW with fish in it, even if they swear up and down it's "ethoxyquin-free."

Diamond makes a nearly identical food for Costco and it's WAY cheaper, btw. Same shady history as TOTW obviously, but it's pretty much the same stuff for cheaper.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.