UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> Question about a font translating to tattoo

2/8/11 9:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BigEyedFish
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do you guys think this font will translate to ink?  I mean, I dont know much about tattoos but I think something like this would be fairly doable by any decent artist...I want to make sure the subtle and faded lines would come out the way they are represented in the font below...What do you think?  Also, anyone know of a talented artist in the Toronto area?

Here is a sample of the font

Here is a link to a font generator.  I couldnt copy the text, so there is a generic phrase typed at this link, but I also added the year 2010 because I want to include this in the tattoo and want thoughts on how that number might turn out... Thanks!

http://www.dafont.com/infiltrace.font?text=2010+Mary+Had+A+Little+Lamb&fpp=50

2/9/11 1:51 AM
pencilboy25
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tattooing it is easy for any decent tattoo artist.

having to explain to everyone who looks at it, what it says, for the rest of your life..... that will be the biggest hurdle.

i think it looks cool as a font, but as a readable tattoo, all of the boogers around the letters, make it hard to read.

JMHO.
2/9/11 10:12 AM
BigEyedFish
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, you make a good point. This is exactly the kind of concern I have. Thanks
2/12/11 6:27 PM
queef latina
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just have your artist do some custom writing! They can make it personal with some different styles and you will be much happier in the end!
2/13/11 6:00 PM
DeathPanda
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with pencilboy. Had the first session for my left arm 3/4 sleeve a couple of weeks ago. Now I have my family's motto on my arm and I already had to explain to a bazillion people what it means. Gonna go buy some long arm t-shirts next week ;-)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.