UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Judo in Nagoya City

2/9/11 2:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Easytarget
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have been searching for a Judo club in or around Nagoya and cant find one that has adult classes.

Just wondering if anybody here has any experiences with any clubs and can help me out, its a bit of a stretch but who knows.

Cheers.
2/9/11 9:09 AM
Chocolate Shatner
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Easy, I lived in Nagoya for four months. While the foreign help center has some clubs in their listings, the best I found was at Nagoya Daigaku. They were open to having me join classes when I could.

Also, while I don't know if he is still one of the coaches there, I have an older (3 years old) office phone number for Mr. Hisakazu Takahama. He was head of the Strengthening Committee for the Aichi Judo Federation, and spoke pretty good English. His office telephone number was 052-654-8228. If you don't want to call, the offices were in at 1-1-4 Maruike-Cho, in Minato-Ku.

Worse comes to worse, drop by Nagoya Daigaku around 5 pm on Mondays to Fridays, and talk with the guys there. Out front, after you get off the subway, there is a bilingual map that should direct you easily to the judo dojo.
2/9/11 11:44 PM
Easytarget
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey thanks a lot for that info, i saw their webiste i think and they seemed open to people comming by but i couldnt figure out if it was limited to students/alumni.

Will check it out and also may contact that number.

Cheers.
2/28/11 7:49 AM
Easytarget

Just a quick update, did find a club i can train at once a week through the Aichi Judo Federation.

Trained there once, there were 20 blackbelts and one whitebelt which was me.

We did 30 mins groundwork, where i was mostly fine as i do BJJ. Though get pinned very well a few times.

Then some uchikomi, then sparring. This was very humbling, we train some standup at our BJJ club , more than most id say, but i felt like a fish out of water. So much better than anybody ive encountered in BJJ. Great fun.
3/1/11 9:37 PM
Chocolate Shatner
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Easy,

awesome you got hooked up man. Enjoy Nagoya.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.