UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rizzo: I want to finish my career in UFC

2/10/11 10:38 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

"I'm not that old," he recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "Everybody thinks I'm 40 because, as I always say, there was the 'middle time.' It was Royce Gracie, Marco Ruas, and after that came the new guys (like me) in the middle.

"I fought with (Mark) Coleman, all these guys, and now they are older than me. I fought with Dan Severn, but I was very, very young then. People don't understand. They think I'm the same age as these guys. I'm still 36."

"The Rock" currently is riding a three-fight win streak with victories over Jeff Monson, Gary Goodridge and Ken Shamrock.

His resume has started to snowball to a certain degree. The hope is at some point it will galvanize UFC management.

read entire article...

2/10/11 10:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Oldboy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to see Rizzo back in the mix. He's still got plenty of fight in him.
2/10/11 10:58 AM
CGJiuJitsu
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oldboy - I'd love to see Rizzo back in the mix. He's still got plenty of fight in him.

And to this very day, some of the most devastating leg kicks in the game...!!!!!
2/10/11 11:03 AM
Chuckles
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for Rizzo getting back into the UFC heavyweight (or LHW) mix. Phone Post
2/10/11 11:04 AM
jjj2121

Judging from Dana's past comments, I doubt it.  He thinks Rizzo should retire.
2/10/11 11:42 AM
sweepnchoke
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't mind seeing Rizzo back in the UFC mix, however I wouldn't expect him to do well even against the likes of Barry, Kongo or even Cro-Cop.
2/10/11 11:43 AM
Oldboy

CGJiuJitsu - 
Oldboy - I'd love to see Rizzo back in the mix. He's still got plenty of fight in him.

And to this very day, some of the most devastating leg kicks in the game...!!!!!

No doubt, those kicks are lethal.
2/10/11 11:46 AM
The Mammoth
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Severn needs to finish in UFC! he is like 96-8 or something ridiculous
2/10/11 11:48 AM
Str4nger D4nger
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think he's got another title run in him, but more good fights against fun guys to watch is a definite hell yes.
2/10/11 11:55 AM
fiercedragon
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

probably the most underrated hw of all time...still can't believe they stopped that gan fight...
2/10/11 11:56 AM
HELWIG

Severn/Rizzo rematch in the UFC.
2/10/11 12:20 PM
Stache
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rizzo was one of the most frustrating fighters to watch---almost as frustrating as Vera---because he just couldn't pull the trigger sometimes. It was like his mind got stuck or something.

CC is starting to act like that too. Maybe they could dance around each other for a few rounds and trade feints.
2/10/11 12:22 PM
Jack Skellington
775 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so does every other fighter that ever fought under the UFC banner

Rizzo doesn't belong in the UFC anymore.
2/10/11 12:31 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't mind seeing him in the LHW division, but I don't think he can hang with the 250+ pound heavies anymore. Guys like Jon Madsen would steamroll him.
2/10/11 12:34 PM
Tomato Can
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He beat Jeff Monson in 2009, and (less meaningfully) beat Ken Shamrock and Gary Goodridge last year.

I say give him a fight. Maybe CroCop or Kongo.
2/10/11 12:39 PM
Floppy Divac
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a huge Rizzo fan I thought he was done a few years ago and was ready to say to hell with the idea of bringing him back, but beating Monson is no easy task.  I'd love to see him get another shot in one of the exciting matchups mentioned above.
2/10/11 12:45 PM
Tomato Can
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea he beat Monson only a few months after Monson choked out Kharitonov. Everyone is so hyped to see Kharitonov back in action in the SF GP, why not Rizzo?
2/10/11 1:02 PM
Floppy Divac
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just watched his fight vs Gary.  I know Gary was past his prime and all that but the guy's always tough and has that power.  Pedro's still a bit on the slow side but his G&P looks like it's pretty brutal if it lands and when he mixes his punches and kicks right he's incredibly dangerous.   I'd love to see him get another shot.  There are some really good matchups they could make in the UFC.  Mexicutioner vs Rizzo for Rizzo to finish what Barry started.  :)
2/10/11 1:06 PM
Twostep
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd actually like to see Rizzo fight CroCop, Barry and maybe even Nog.
2/10/11 1:37 PM
FreakDaddy
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I could see them bringing him in for the Rio show. It makes sense and he could at least have a last shot in the UFC. There are a couple guys on the roster he could beat, so why not.
2/10/11 1:38 PM
Floppy Divac

Barry and Rizzo would be better than you think.  Rizzo throws more combos and sets things up better than I've seen Barry do in mma.  Also, takedowns and ground game go to Rizzo.
2/10/11 1:42 PM
tmr
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Floppy Divac - Barry and Rizzo would be better than you think.  Rizzo throws more combos and sets things up better than I've seen Barry do in mma.  Also, takedowns and ground game go to Rizzo.

Agreed, Barry came to mind when i saw the thread title, I'd definitely be interested in that fight.
2/10/11 1:44 PM
Tomato Can

Barry's grappling is too much of a liability for him to be anything but a mild favorite against Rizzo.
2/10/11 1:46 PM
Smith1234
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rizzo is so slow and plodding, he has absolutely no movement and will stand with both feet flat on the ground for extended periods. That is part of the reason why he was so brutally KOed multiple times before his modest win streak.

He would get horribly KOed against anyone who has some standup.
2/10/11 1:47 PM
FreakDaddy
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like the Barry, Mir, and Cro Cop suggestions, especially Barry.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.