UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Joe Rogan interview w/ Freddie Roach

2/10/11 3:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
aKaBeasTTT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On this weeks episode of UFC ultimate insider. (starts at about the 8:40 mark)

http://www.ufc.com/media/ultimate-insider-episode-26

* Joe states that he was a huge fan of Freddie when he was fighting and also now as a trainer.

* Freddie says some people are mad at him that he's training MMA fighters, but he says that if he can help a fighter fight better, than it's all the same to him.

* Says GSP can get moves down very quickly. Taught him a move, then the next day, he had it down.

* Says that studied tape on Kos, and told GSP that the double jab beats the overhand right, which won GSP the fight.

* Says GSP is a lot like Pacquiao in the way that they talk and have a lot of respect. Says that about all of MMA.

* Talks about GSP/Silva being Pacquiao/Mayweather of MMA. "One guy going up in weight to fight the bigger, "supposedly better" guy.

* Says Silva is a better boxer, but that GSP is getting better. "I'm a lot closer to George than Anderson at this point. There are things I've learned about Anderson that I think I can help George with because I've worked with them closely."

* Expects Anderson to be up for the fight. "George is stronger, and can rough em up on the inside. Anderson is more of a technician, knows distance. Distance is the key to that fight."
2/10/11 4:37 PM
FunkNoobiest

Freddie Roach is a great, great man. His brother Pepper is cool as shit too. I love Wild Card. I drive 70 miles each way to train there.
2/10/11 5:52 PM
Xspur
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If this fight happens, I'm definitely getting a DOUBLE order of pizza hut hot wings.
2/10/11 7:39 PM
mmabbn

ttt for Freddie Roach!
2/10/11 7:49 PM
Doc T
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Freddie is da man Phone Post
7/23/11 12:36 PM
DamnSevern
1192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.