UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Chael Sonnen on I ONCE WAS A CHAMPION....

2/10/11 11:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fighters For Kids
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sonnen is a jerk. Evan Tanner is gone and this is what he thinks of when he has a camera in his face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yszYYry8bNw
2/10/11 11:50 PM
Rafael135
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm guessing cheating and trash talking is part of being a responsible adult too. Right? Phone Post
2/10/11 11:52 PM
Master Tang

then we were all champions in our own mind.
2/10/11 11:57 PM
MMApostle

Were they friends?
2/11/11 12:00 AM
GriffinQ
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You would think that if you had a problem with what he said, you'd try and minimize the number of people who saw it/the amount of attention it gets, yet you've started a thread solely to concentrate on what he said. Here's what I posted in the other thread, and what my opinion is. Feel free to disagree, it's my opinion and you're welcome to your own

GriffinQ - 
tapout tough guy - What's with all the Chael bashing? The documentarians went TO Chael to ask him questions about Tanner and he answered them. Credit to Sonnen for being honest and sticking to his beliefs... just because a man is dead doesn't mean he's a saint. It's not like Chael went around talking shit about Tanner after he died either.

I do love Evan Tanner as much as the next guy and was devastated when I learned the news, but that doesn't mean he walked on water. Stop being sensational, emotional assholes.

Exactly. Tanner is the man, and he's missed, but he has his faults like anyone else. I hate how people seem unable to acknowledge the faults of others after they've died, your faults combined with your successes make you the person you are, without one, the other only tells a partial story. Chael is giving his honest opinion, and jus because we don't like that opinion, doesn't mean it's right to shit on the man for being honest.

Also, everyone talking about Chael is completely neglecting the other great parts of that trailer. If a 10 second clip can really ruin that entire trailer/the film for you, then you don't really want to watch a documentary about Evan, you want to watch a fictional movie about Evan as if he were a perfect man. I know I'm being somewhat hypcritical, because I'm also talking about Sonnen, but if that brief snippet bothers you so much, just ignore it and when Sonnen comes on, briefly mute it.

2/11/11 12:07 AM
nyhcloyalty
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've disliked Sonnen for quite some time, probably since the fake tap bullshit against Filho, but it is what it is. This, on the other hand, is inexcusable.
2/11/11 12:08 AM
worldfightfan

Chael - I'd rather have someone not return my calls then involve me in some illegal money scheme!!
2/11/11 12:08 AM
norcalmma
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its a documentary on his life, the good and the bad.
2/11/11 12:15 AM
JDSFTW

I thought it was a bit uncalled for to Phone Post
JDSFTW

Too Phone Post
tpw2k
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it was just a short clip, no point it putting too much weight on it. wait for the documentary before passing judgment on him
tpw2k
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/11/11 12:15 AM
double
2/11/11 12:20 AM
Roger AK47

Yeah, I didn'tfind anything real wrong with that at all. Chael seemed to be very blunt and honest when asked to talk about something.
2/11/11 12:24 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

This one isn't as bad as where he claims Evan wasn't intelligent.
2/11/11 12:25 AM
shootfightermike
739 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
surfin joe
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope you sensitive guys never have to deal with lawyers.

I'm a Tanner fan, but no big deal with what Chael said.

worldfightfan

Roger AK47 - Yeah, I didn'tfind anything real wrong with that at all. Chael seemed to be very blunt and honest when asked to talk about something.

Chael is blunt and honest .. except when he is talking about Chael
2/11/11 12:32 AM
bignightmare
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael is only a POS because he uses ANY opportunity to place himself in character for personal gain. Evan may have been troubled but Chael is about 1/100th of the human being that Evan was.
2/11/11 12:39 AM
LiveFromThe7x7

Chael is a convicted felon - convicted of a crime involving dishonest - who failed a drug test.

/thread
2/11/11 12:45 AM
tapout tough guy

Dear lord, another fucking thread on this.

Why are you morons so upset about this? Sonnen didn't say Tanner was 'unintelligent' as you claim -- from what I can extrapolate from the little amount of context given, it seemed like he was referring to his blogging prior to his death saying it didn't seem like words coming from an intelligent person. I don't think anyone would disagree that Tanner's rambling were incoherent at best.

WAR SONNEN.
2/11/11 1:02 AM
kickboxgrapple

@ZugZug

- No one is a fan of Anderson Silva, that's why his PPV's don't sell.

- The film is a documentary about someone who's passed away. Sonnen could have said, "Tanner ignored communication so we grew apart."

- Instead Sonnen decides to give a posthumous scolding, "Oh he wasn't a mature adult, didn't return phone calls, what an immature baby, etc."

- All that coming from a fake tapper (which is unforgivable in MMA and grappling), who btw has a long list of other bullshit moves like accusing Armstrong of using steroids, then saying it was some Hispanic guy, and turns out to be roiding himself. If he's been legitimately needing testosterone therapy that would have been common knowledge a long time ago. Instead, a 33 year old, 6'1", 200+ lbs man suddenly decides he needs extra testosterone and coincidentally reports it for the biggest fight of his career.

- So clearly, the only people who like him are other assholes with no integrity who like him just because he's a white guy that dares to be racist on TV.
2/11/11 1:05 AM
tapout tough guy

Now Sonnen is a racist? What the fuck is that supposed to mean? When has he said anything even remotely 'racially charged'? (is that what you politically correct twats call it?)

Even if he is a so-called racist, who cares? He's entertaining as fuck and a helluva fighter. Not to mention he's the nicest pro fighter I've ever met in my life.
2/11/11 1:15 AM
dimesnake

YOU GUYS ARE SO FUNNY. CHAEL HAD EVAN LIVING ON HIS COUCH FOR MONTHS. HE REALLY GOT TO KNOW HIM. HE DIDN't LIKE HIM THAT MUCH. AND GUESS WHAT!?!?! EVAN's WASN'T AS GREAT A PERSON AS YOU GUYS THINK. Yes, he was a warrior in the ring, but, he has some serious demons and was basically an asshole in real life. He would try to knock out chael while they were sparring in the garage and he got drunk and jerky every day. So don't act like you guys know everything.
2/11/11 1:18 AM
Wasa-B
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whatever he says about Tanner is between him and the spirit of Tanner. Not really my business.

However, one would think Chael of all people after all the shit he's been busted for wouldnt throw around the term "a grown man" so high and mightily.

Lol.

Chael will be remembered more for his mouth than his MMA career.
2/11/11 1:21 AM
kickboxgrapple

Edited: 02/11/11 1:21 AM
tapout tough guy - Even if he is a so-called racist, who cares?
I don't. I have a lot of friends who talk about how much they despise niggers when no blacks are around. It's just one more thing on a list of shit.

He's a fake tapper, that's the lowest of the low someone can be in MMA or grappling. It means you have no integrity at all.

He's not an asshole with integrity.
He's not a nice guy with no integrity.
He's an asshole with no integrity.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.