UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Share your pedalboard

2/11/11 6:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
drewsiph
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/18/11 1:26 PM

MXR Phase90 --> Fulltone Fulldrive 2 --> Ibanez TS-808 --> Ernie Ball Volume Pedal --> Line 6 M13 --> Vox AC15 

2/11/11 11:32 PM
Hillbilly
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^^^^ Nice Rig

Don`t really have a board , but I use a Boss tu12 Tuner, a boss EQ, Ernie Ball Wah, Dano "Cool Cat" chorus, and a Tube Works "Real Pedal".. I really want a looper, and a fulltone full drive would be nice..
2/12/11 1:36 AM
Ze Dano
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sweet rig..running it into an AC30???
2/12/11 10:54 AM
drewsiph

Ze Dano - sweet rig..running it into an AC30???

AC15

&

1972 RI Thinline Tele.
2/12/11 7:50 PM
Shootozen
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/12/11 7:51 PM
guitar > Korg pitchblack > Dunlop 535q crybaby > EQD hoof > EHX nano small stone > Dano chicken salad > Exotic EP booster > amp...(loop)EQ > Tech 21 boost dla

> Laney GH100L/Egnater Tweaker/Fender Super Sonic 22
2/13/11 6:06 PM
Ze Dano
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tele > Boss TU-3 > Crybaby Wah > TC Electronics NovaDynamics (noise gate/compressor) > VFE The Scream (OD) > Durham Sex Drive > Way Huge Aqua Puss > Peavey Classic 30

looking at a Wampler Super Plexitortion..

can't stop now haha
2/21/11 3:41 AM
sreiter

Edited: 02/21/11 3:41 AM
pedaltrain > pedal power V2 > peterson stomp strobe(newest version, looks like a old conn) > TJ Jauernig luxury drive > fuchs plush drive>fuchs extreme creme > (on order) P3 P3 Andy Fuchs signature delay >(sometimes) colorsound wah) > (sometime)boss EQ
2/21/11 2:14 PM
Ze Dano

oh yeah...forgot the pedal train jr and the voodoo labs +2

sreiter...what can you tell us about the Fuchs pedals?
2/21/11 10:50 PM
sreiter

Ze -

without a doubt best pedals on the market (obviously imo)

the only OD pedals i found that are "musical".

I've tried most of the "boutique" pedls out there, and they all seem to add gain/distortion as noise, in and of itself. but the fuchs pedals litteral make you shit sound like its tube distorion, so the distprtion is in the music, not on top of it/seperate from it.

i hated pedals for 30 years . always got my tone from a 1960's marshall, and real gibson PAF's....these pedals make happy.

at low volume, its like i'm playing with no pedals, just my raw gigthrough a hot plate or something.....low volume, tons of tube distortion.

you can play at apaartment levels and still sound great....like listening to TV while you play, and get the tone like you were diming your marshall.

the extreme cream has 2 favors, the hot is like playing through 2 ods chained (like stevie ray played through 2 ts's.

each channel soumds distint, and i like the hotter channel myself

the plush, depending on gain setting, gpes from just fatting the tone, like a dumble ODS amp, to fairly thick overdrive distorion.

seriously, i have a hard time desiding which i like better

btw, strats REALLY thicken up nice, even with the gain down/pure boost.

the thing i really love about his pedals is unless you're dimed, theres no "hum".

all other pedal i've i've played have a 60hrz hum to them when younkick them on that drives me nuts. fuchs are dead quite, until you dime the gain.

the delay pedals sound really close to vintage echo plex's

the P3 power one he designed i got at dealer cost($99.00). it was like 1/3 the cost of his pedals, and do almost everything the one he sells under his own name. there are even wow and flutter controls if you open up the box

they're way expensive is the only down side

btw- if you can find a orig/, check out the luxery drive. its a trem boost, that sounds heavenly
2/22/11 8:39 AM
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going to check that extreme cream out. I'm playing in a Gospel group and cannot get the sound I want but that pedal sound like what I am envisioning. I'll have to get a different amp but that is happeing now
2/22/11 10:52 AM
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTW<

Anyone check out a Line 6 M13?
2/22/11 6:25 PM
drewsiph

JasonKeaton -  BTW<

Anyone check out a Line 6 M13?

Yeah just got it. Really Great.

I would suggest the M9 though if you're lookigto build a pedalboard around it.

pretty much the sam thing as the 13, but smaller. It has allt he same effects and looper built in.

I use my M13 for primarily praise & worship music. it is really nice to have a ton of versatility at my disposal without having to buy a new pedal if I want a funky sound for one song. Since the songs change up so often week to week.
2/22/11 8:23 PM
5th Dan Aikido Man

ttt
2/23/11 1:32 AM
sreiter

JasonKeaton -  I'm going to check that extreme cream out. I'm playing in a Gospel group and cannot get the sound I want but that pedal sound like what I am envisioning. I'll have to get a different amp but that is happeing now

Jason. A studio guy said to me "the extreme is a pedal you can take anywhere and plug it into anything and sound good"

Ymmv
2/23/11 8:54 AM
JasonKeaton

Man, decisions!

The M13 or m9 may be a bit better bang for your buck but there is no denying the extreme creme is sweet.

2/23/11 5:29 PM
drewsiph

I would go either m13 by itself

Or M9, and then add the extreme creme when you can. Or the other way around. These 2 coupled together would be amazing.

m13 is more of a stand alone. I have 2 overdirves with it just for some more flavor.
2/24/11 2:17 AM
sreiter

Edited: 02/24/11 2:18 AM
from my POV, i never like modelers. they just never really deliver or do what they say they do. no modeler sound like the amp they claim they do, nor do they really sound like the pedals they claim they do.

its like a computer trying to sound like a instrument.. there's always something a little off..like the sound isnt organic (which is why i like the fuchs pedals...they dont sound like pedals, thy sound like over drive amps of a certain color)

thats just me though
2/24/11 2:24 AM
sreiter

btw - did you check out the plush?

the thing i like about it is you can get fat boost with gain for a loud clean tone, you can you it to just boost signal strenght if you're running long cables, or want to beef up a strat tone, or you can get a very acceptable level of gain/overdrive/overtones/squeal - in heavy blues/lynyrd sknyryd tone thing ala gimme three steps
2/24/11 10:09 AM
JasonKeaton

Edited: 02/24/11 10:40 AM
 sreiter,

I have that problem with my line 6 amp, that is why I am buying a tube amp today.  But for overdrive and stuff the M13 seems solid. I want to build my board around that adding the fuchs creme, a wah, and most likely an eq. I may still get a Tube screamer 

These fuchs are hard to find. I like the sound of that Plush pedal though. It seems like a right fit.
2/25/11 11:41 AM
drewsiph

What kind of amp are you going to get??? I'll sell you my AC15... but it will cost you $15,000... ;)

Bite the bullet.

2/25/11 11:43 AM
drewsiph

My problem is that Im thinking about switching out the MXR on my board. I really don't need it with the m13. So I'm trying to think of a pedal that will really help my sound. But as you can see I don't have much room on my board for anything other than 1 more pedal (not that I need anything else)

I'm pondering getting an mxr carbon copy But I'm not sure how I would route it into the chain. I would have to wire it up so that the drives come before the 13 then the carbon copy after it.

Can anyone think of another pedal that would for well in that spot (see the pic). I don't think I need another OD.
2/26/11 12:49 AM
sreiter

JasonKeaton -  sreiter,

I have that problem with my line 6 amp, that is why I am buying a tube amp today.  But for overdrive and stuff the M13 seems solid. I want to build my board around that adding the fuchs creme, a wah, and most likely an eq. I may still get a Tube screamer 

These fuchs are hard to find. I like the sound of that Plush pedal though. It seems like a right fit.

you can buy them directly from andy....dont tell him i told you, but if your were at a show, and spoke to him, he'd give you 20% off as a show price, but he doesnt have them with him, so he says contact him hrough email and he'll honor the price..you pay pal, he sends it out.

i dont know how he keeps track of who he spoke to and didnt though ;o)

maybe if you wait for the LA, or NY amp show, or NAMM you can meet him and then email, reminding him that you met and the show price

where you at?
2/26/11 12:51 AM
sreiter

you also could call the shop and see if anyone's in your area selling them
2/26/11 12:52 AM
sreiter

drewsiph - What kind of amp are you going to get??? I'll sell you my AC15... but it will cost you $15,000... ;)

Bite the bullet.

15 is high...6-10 max

btw - you dont have enough to buy my orig. 18w marshall :o)
2/26/11 1:01 AM
sreiter

drewsiph -

Can anyone think of another pedal that would for well in that spot (see the pic). I don't think I need another OD.

lovepedal makes some very nice mini's

actauly, at namm this year, mini's were all over...lotta companys making very small foot print pedals

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.