SoldierGround >> Army OCS?

2/12/11 1:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MikeD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

super quick background:

4yrs enlisted USAF (2001-2005)
looked into USAF and USN commissioning - boards cancelled
thought about reenlisting USAF - career field full, no retraining for prior service

So...I'm just toying around with the idea of getting a commission w/the Army.

Any junior grade officers here been through recently? I talked briefly with a recruiter last week and he felt I'd have a good chance of being selected.

From what I understand, you go for your job (I know it's not really called that but can't think of the term) as OCS is winding down and it's based on where you rank in your class. That seems incredibly fair. But, I mean, could I with a Phys. Ed. degree really be a finance officer? It's not like that in the USAF/USN (as far as I know).

I know these are random thoughts.
3/9/11 6:39 PM
CarbonFiberIsMyCrack

The DA OCS Selection board will begin accepting application packets for the JULY 2011 board on or about 2 May 2011 through 24 June 2011. Interested Soldiers and all S1s are encouraged to visit the HRC OCS website at the below link. The webpage will have instructions, forms and general guidance for successfully submitting an OCS packet. The page can change often, so keep visiting.

OCS Website: https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/protect/branches/officer/operations/accessions/ocs/index.htm
3/13/11 6:28 PM
amadeus
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes you get Branch choice based on your class ranking but you get waht is left over after the West Pointers and ROTC cadets get theirs...

And why would you want to be a Finance Officer!?
3/14/11 12:52 PM
MikeD

amadeus - 

And why would you want to be a Finance Officer!?

I was just using it as example i.e. something I don't have previous experience in that requires specific training.
3/19/11 7:07 PM
virux11b
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your degree doesn't really matter. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.