UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The cans that Fedor has beaten

2/13/11 9:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pro Ice
1935 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DarkReflection -

Exactly..and it only got worse because Fedor avoided top competition for so long.

Look at the hype that surronded a guy like Duffee. No offense to Duffee..but shit gets out of hand REALLY fast...a talented fight like Fedor will blast through C level competition for years...but that doesn't mean the guy is some all time great....he'd have to blast through the best of the best.

People act like Fedor beat..

Carwin
Dos Santos
Cain
Mir
Lesnar
Couture
Barry
Gonzaga
Werdum
Overeem

etc..

He didn't...he fought a bunch of unskilled slow dudes..and a handful of standouts..

He did blast through the best of the best in Pride
Haif those guys on that list weren't even fighting when Fedor was in his prime and they were in the fckn UFC

People forget when he was in Pride he fought the best heavyweights in the world (at the time) and beat them all he pretty much cleaned out the division
I wish Fedor would have fought better competition the last five years but a couple things contributed to this, a bad hand, that kept him out of some big fights
and # 1 the fall of Pride which unless he signed with the UFC left him with little opportunities to fight the best HWs
I repeat
Fedor had a bad hand that kept him out of some big fights (Pride 2006 Open Weight Tournament)
Fedor didn't want to sign with the UFC so what options was he left? He wanted and tried to fight Randy (who was considered one of the best) The UFC Fcked that fight up then he tried to fight Barnett (considered one of the best) and Barnett Fcked that up
So you tell me outside the UFC who Fedor should have fought (you can't say Overreem because he's only been on a tear for a year or two and Fedor would have fought him if this tournament would've worked out)
I repeat
Outside the UFC who should Fedor have fought

2/13/11 9:47 PM
Pro Ice
1935 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I asked this question on another thread when did you start watching MMA DarkReflection just curious
Please answer this question and be honest
2/13/11 9:51 PM
Jesus Quintana
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brock75thRanger - Randleman had his moments but hes been a 500 fighter his whole career

Are you retarded or trolling?

Randleman was 15-7 when he fought Fedor and had just beaten Crocop.

He was also a former UFC champion.

Also, you are taking fighters CURRENT records rather than their records when they fought Fedor which is retarded.
2/13/11 9:52 PM
D A T

LOL! Take away the "cans" everyone fought before being in the UFC or Pride and you'll learn alot OP.
2/13/11 9:53 PM
Pro Ice

I don't think for one minute that Fedor didn't sign with the UFC out of fear of the fighters they had. I don't think he liked the way the UFC treated their fighters and tried to control/own them.
So should Fedor have went against everything he believed in just to fight in the UFC?
Again he did fight and tried to fight the best fighters not in the UFC, Arlovski, Sylvia, Couture, Barnett, who was left?
2/13/11 9:58 PM
Cage Kennylz

Harlemsavoy -  You can't take their records after the fact and consider that as proof. At the time, Randleman was a beast and tossin' fools around. Some of those guys were before his "known" days and being considered a threat in pride.

You guys won't be happy until you tear anyone who has done well down... It's really pretty sad.

Well said... well said.
2/14/11 6:59 AM
HungryHungryHobo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can has money?
2/14/11 7:34 AM
Cueball B
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brock75thRanger - 
BuddyRevell - 
Brock75thRanger - also nobody claims Randy to be top 3 all time great,not even in his weight class.Im fine with putting Fedor and Randy in the same category
 Who are your top all time greats? Who are your top all time HWs?

Id have Cain at 1,Werdum 2,Fedor 3,Nog 4,JDS at 5

thats all time,my current would be

Cain,JDS,Werdum,Reem,Silva

How in gods name can Cain be your number one greatest HW of all time? He's just won the title, he hasn't even defended it yet.  Werdum hasn't even been a champion in mma yet. Maybe one day, you'll be right about Cain, but that day is far from here.

2/14/11 7:41 AM
OveREEMed A New Butthole

It's all about perspective, you're forgetting that the guy's career spanned over 10 years.

He fought the best competition available back then, and in their respective time, many of those guys were considered to be great.

It's like going back in Formula 1 history and mocking the old cars for being slow a family VW nowadays would overtaken them, but in their day they were the fastest cars on earth.

You look at them now as a new fan and Coleman, Randleman, Herring, Sakuraba, Shamrock, Kosaka, Babalu, etc... are all cans, but years ago they were very formidable and the best, it's just that time goes by. When Fedor fought Babalu, he was considered to be one of the top guys in the world.

Tank is considered to be a total can, but you go back in time and ask the fans about Tank and he was one of the most dangerous UFC guys, people were afraid of him.

Fedor fought many of those guys when they were at their best and won, in their time those fights were very relevant.

Fuck, if anybody remembers how big of a shock it was when Herring beat Tom Erikson will understand.
2/14/11 8:17 AM
keylockarmbar

i think you also have to take into account that mma is relatively a young sport. fedor maybe losing a step and the sport evolves so rapidly that time will catch everyone sooner rather than later. fedor is the greatest of all time right now. im not saying he cant be surpassed and the sports rapid pace of improving fighters may make fedors passed accomplishments look not so good in the future but his fights in pride where he ruled with an iron fist in his prime against the best the world had to offer AT THE TIME and his respect among peers will forever make him a legend. if nothing else he's the set the bar that others must reach.

Wade
2/14/11 8:41 AM
regg10

again im not a fedor fan boy but you guy's are fucking unbelievable at the time he was fighting these cans everyone was saying pride had the better fighters with minataro, coleman,cro cop ect the ufc had alovski and sylvia remeber sylvia saying everbody says pride is better bring on fedor after one of his wins well how the hell did that work out for ya theyre was no jds,brock,cain at that time so was he supposed to hunt them down at college and fight cain or what
2/14/11 8:53 AM
BispingPoppedMyCheery

nhmmafan - 
alborzlives - 
Brock75thRanger - 
alborzlives - For a P4P/GOAT contender.....

Loss: Luiz Azeredo (15-9) UD

Win: Jose Barreto (0-1) TKO

Win: Tetsuji Kato (20-10) UD

Win: Israel Albuquerque (0-3) SUB

Win: Alexander Otsuka (4-13) UD

Loss: Daiju Takase (9-13-2) SUB

Win: Waldor dos Anjos (3-9) TKO

Loss: Ryo Chonan (18-12) SUB

Win: Curtis Stout (11-12-1) KO

Win: Tony Fryklund (14-9) KO

Win: Travis Lutter (10-6) SUB

Win: Patrick Cote (13-7) TKO

Gimme my $100

lolol Anderson Silva,Cote,Lutter,Chonan and Azeredo i dont think would be considered cans,also i named about 16 on Fedors list

You know how to use the internet. Sherdog shows the full list of cans. You know that I have trumped you. Doesn't matter, you ain't paying shit, you're a mudnamer who'd never admit to it.

If you think that Patrick Cote, Travis Lutter, Tony Fryklund, Ryo Chonan and Luiz Azeredo are cans that you are a fucking retard.
That's how you can tell who the TUF era fan's are and who aren't when morons claim that those 5 are can's then that shows how stupid they are.

2/14/11 8:58 AM
BispingPoppedMyCheery

TimeToCrush - lol @ Bitter Brock fans still upset their pro rasslin hero will never be the HW GOAT.

Fedor.
LOL so what your saying is if Brock was fed 8-10 can's before given top tier fights he would be an ATG also?

2/14/11 9:03 AM
Sebastiaan

Pro Ice - 
DarkReflection -

Exactly..and it only got worse because Fedor avoided top competition for so long.

Look at the hype that surronded a guy like Duffee. No offense to Duffee..but shit gets out of hand REALLY fast...a talented fight like Fedor will blast through C level competition for years...but that doesn't mean the guy is some all time great....he'd have to blast through the best of the best.

People act like Fedor beat..

Carwin
Dos Santos
Cain
Mir
Lesnar
Couture
Barry
Gonzaga
Werdum
Overeem

etc..

He didn't...he fought a bunch of unskilled slow dudes..and a handful of standouts..

He did blast through the best of the best in Pride
Haif those guys on that list weren't even fighting when Fedor was in his prime and they were in the fckn UFC

People forget when he was in Pride he fought the best heavyweights in the world (at the time) and beat them all he pretty much cleaned out the division
I wish Fedor would have fought better competition the last five years but a couple things contributed to this, a bad hand, that kept him out of some big fights
and # 1 the fall of Pride which unless he signed with the UFC left him with little opportunities to fight the best HWs
I repeat
Fedor had a bad hand that kept him out of some big fights (Pride 2006 Open Weight Tournament)
Fedor didn't want to sign with the UFC so what options was he left? He wanted and tried to fight Randy (who was considered one of the best) The UFC Fcked that fight up then he tried to fight Barnett (considered one of the best) and Barnett Fcked that up
So you tell me outside the UFC who Fedor should have fought (you can't say Overreem because he's only been on a tear for a year or two and Fedor would have fought him if this tournament would've worked out)
I repeat
Outside the UFC who should Fedor have fought

Voted up
2/14/11 9:06 AM
FerrozzoFan

did this fag pay up yet?
2/14/11 9:13 AM
Hawthorne
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My god, these trolls. Fedor was the best of his era, but like all greats, his time has come.

Look at how the UFC greats from Fedor's prime have fared with today's better fighters. How are Hughes, Franklin, Liddell, Arlovski and Sylvia doing today? Yves Edwards was the "uncrowned champ of 155" back then, LOL.
2/14/11 10:05 AM
LilRoyNelson

take away the can and yes, 15-3 is still impressive, but the nuthuggers can start taking away the GOAT tag
2/14/11 10:07 AM
FerrozzoFan

LilRoyNelson - take away the can and yes, 15-3 is still impressive, but the nuthuggers can start taking away the GOAT tag

i agree. but you could do that with every fighter. All fighters have there record padded with some cans. take those away and every ones record is not nearly as impressive
2/14/11 10:34 AM
THE Kevin Chandler
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OveREEMed A New Butthole - It's all about perspective, you're forgetting that the guy's career spanned over 10 years.

He fought the best competition available back then, and in their respective time, many of those guys were considered to be great.

It's like going back in Formula 1 history and mocking the old cars for being slow a family VW nowadays would overtaken them, but in their day they were the fastest cars on earth.

You look at them now as a new fan and Coleman, Randleman, Herring, Sakuraba, Shamrock, Kosaka, Babalu, etc... are all cans, but years ago they were very formidable and the best, it's just that time goes by. When Fedor fought Babalu, he was considered to be one of the top guys in the world.

Tank is considered to be a total can, but you go back in time and ask the fans about Tank and he was one of the most dangerous UFC guys, people were afraid of him.

Fedor fought many of those guys when they were at their best and won, in their time those fights were very relevant.

Fuck, if anybody remembers how big of a shock it was when Herring beat Tom Erikson will understand.
Quoted for FUCKING Truth.

I'm really getting sick of all the "....but....but, he's never fought Brock...or Cain...or etc!".  Yeah, he didn't because AT THE TIME they weren't anywhere NEAR top 10....or top 20 (for that matter).

Fact: during the prime of PrideFC (regardless of '06) Fedor fought THE TOP competition on the planet and looked amazing doing so.  It is due to this fact that until someone comes along and TAKES that title from him (no bullshit like the fans giving it to this guy because I like him alot), Fedor will be (and currently is) the greatest fighter of all time.  

Personally given the way they have won (and how they fight), no one comes close to his legacy (IMO).  Silva/GSP/etc, have not won nearly as convincinly over top-tier talent to even be considered.  Silva needs to not get his ass kicked for 15 minutes and pull off a lucky sub (or stop dancing around like a facking idiot and actually finish the fight, if he has the tools to finish it, finish it like he did with Belfort) and GSP has hugged his way to too many victories.  FLAME ON UG!

2/14/11 11:45 AM
Ansari
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is a list I came up with for a previous discussion on the UG. It is a list of fighters Hughes finished prior to fighting exclusively for the UFC. I figured it was relevant to this thread too.

0-1 Erick Snyder (2-8 career) 
0-2 Erick Snyder (2-8) 
0-0 Craig Quick (0-1) 
1-1-1 Ryan Stout (10-8-1) 
2-0 Joe Stern (3-4) 
3-1 Tom Schmitz (3-3) 
2-1-1 Daniel Vianna (2-2-1) 
1-0 Shawn Peters (9-7) 
2-2-1 Marcelo Aguiar (2-3-1) 
0-0 Joe Guist (0-2) 
2-0 Maynard Marcum (2-2) 
7-10 Brett Al-Azzawi (8-15) 
2-11 Bruce Nelson (22-28-1) 
5-4 John Cronk (19-28) 
0-2 Scott Johnson (5-21) 
3-0 Chatt Lavender (8-6) 
4-3 Steve Gomm (7-7) 

2/14/11 11:56 AM
THE Kevin Chandler
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RyanWilcox - 
DarkReflection - ^^^

Fair enough..but no one is arguing that Couture is the greatest fighter to ever put on gloves. They look at him rationally...Randy is a good fighter. It's been an awesome time watching his career.

But at least Couture has always SOUGHT OUT the top competition...Fedor has run from it. THAT is the biggest difference between the two men.

Cheers

-DR

10'ers gonna 10.

It's too bad you couldnt read how much people were hyping up Couture after he beat Sylvia.
LMFAO!    Awesome. 

Oh, and for the record I'm laughing WITH Ryan and AT DR.

Dude, you've not solidified that you haven't been watching (or rather following) mma for too long.  Couture has been considered the best thing to put on gloves by many...lots.  Regardless of whether or not you agree/agreed with it, it happened.  You must've missed it.

2/14/11 11:58 AM
ranier wolfcastle
953 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pride fed their big names cans now and then. even nog and shogun, and nobody questions them.
2/14/11 12:11 PM
The Last Emperor

Brock75thRanger - 
BJJkilla - 
Brock75thRanger - 
BuddyRevell - 
Brock75thRanger - also nobody claims Randy to be top 3 all time great,not even in his weight class.Im fine with putting Fedor and Randy in the same category
 Who are your top all time greats? Who are your top all time HWs?

Id have Cain at 1,Werdum 2,Fedor 3,Nog 4,JDS at 5

thats all time,my current would be

Cain,JDS,Werdum,Reem,Silva

cool rankings troll, will JDS move up to #1 on your all time greats when he beats cain?

yup,he would have wins over Crocop,Werdum and Cain.You fight and beat tough fighters on a consistant basis,you get rewarded.Isnt that a crazy theory i have?

A washed up Cro Cop and an incredibly out of shape and underprepared Werdum? The door is that way troll >
2/14/11 12:26 PM
Eric Bloodaxe
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't bother to read all the bs, but Cain as the GOAT was pretty funny. Fedor obviously fought a lot more top competition than the less than handful of decent guys Cain has fought. But the cans obviously deduct the solid wins in this school of logic.

But I cant't figure out why it doesn't work that way with Cains cans? Hint anyone? Does it involve me smoking crack?
2/14/11 12:39 PM
Reptilia

That darkreflection guy is a complete retard. Op follows along just fine. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.