UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The cans that Fedor has beaten

2/14/11 11:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Caught_clean
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dannyglover - 
Smith1234 - Here is a list for Wandy, these mismatches are way worse than almost all of Fedor's.

1. 1999 - Wandy at 8-2 versus Carl Malenko at 1-1 (Carl wound up 3-3)

2. 1999 - Wandy at 9-2 versus Matsui at 1-1-2. Matsui ran his record to 10-19-4.

3. 2000 - Wandy versus Todd Medina at 4-4. Todd ran his record to 8-8.

4. 2001 - Wandy versus 1-1 Oyama. Oyama ran his record to 8-11.

5. 2001 - Wandy versus 2-8 Otsuka. Otsuka ran his record to 4-13.

6. 2002 - Wandy versus a tiny Tamura.

7. 2002 - Wandy versus a 0-0 Iwasaki. Iwasaki finished at 0-1.

8. 2002 - Wandy versus a 14 - 9 - 1 Kanehara. Kanehara ran his record to 17-22-1.

9. 2005 - Wandy vs Nak a 6-3, who ran his record to 13-10.

10. 2006 - Wandy vs a 1-0 Souza, who ran his record to 2-1.

Don't forget Bisping..

*golf clap*
2/15/11 12:24 AM
IL Razzo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brock75thRanger - 
BuddyRevell - 
Brock75thRanger - also nobody claims Randy to be top 3 all time great,not even in his weight class.Im fine with putting Fedor and Randy in the same category
 Who are your top all time greats? Who are your top all time HWs?

Id have Cain at 1,Werdum 2,Fedor 3,Nog 4,JDS at 5

thats all time,my current would be

Cain,JDS,Werdum,Reem,Silva

Who has Cain beat that is great besides Nog? .....Brock? The most overrated, overhyped and underskilled heavyweight of ALL TIME? Kongo? Rothwell? I very well think that Cain might be the best heavyweight out there right now....but thats only judged by how good he looks in his fights.....
2/15/11 12:37 AM
caliphornia

TheAlchemist -  This thread is ridiculous.

Amongst all of Fedor's fights only 6 fights have gone to a decision. Most of his fights ended by KO or sub in which Fedor usually won. 

Modern Day Tyson IMO. <br type="_moz" />

fail at logic, much?

last time i checked, this thread wasn't about how many decisions/knock outs/subs fedor has or doesn't have...

it's about the cans he has fought.
2/15/11 12:57 AM
My2cents
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It only took 31 fights and 10 years to expose Fedor. Go figure. Phone Post
2/15/11 1:31 AM
the fisherman
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is stupid...by your logic, if Anderson Silva lost a few fights he would go down as over rated.

Anderson's first fight he lost to a much smaller: Luiz "The Joker" Azeredo(2-1-0 @ the time).

He fought TKO:Jose Barreto (who never had fought before, or since).

He also fought:

-Claudionor "Demolition Man" Fontinelle(5-4-1 @ the time).

-Israel Albuquerque(0-2-0 @ the time).

-Alexander "The Diet Butcher" Otsuka (an unbeleivable 2-10-0 @ the time).

He had already fought 6 times, and won the shooto belt before he fought Roan "Jucao" Carneiro(0-1-0 @ the time).

Anderson had fought 11 times before he beat: Waldir "Diamante Negro" dos Anjos (2-7-0 @ the time).

Anderson Silva also lost to: Daiju Takase (4-7-1 @ the time), and he also lost to: Ryo "Piranha" Chonan(7-4-0 @ the time).

Boy he must suck!!!

Fighters build them selves fighting less than stellar competition ealry in their careers, and it never hurts to take a tune-up fight here or there...especialy coming back off of an injury.

Fedor fought the best there was in any organization he was in. People seem to forget that Fedor was schedualled to fight Barnett at least twice, and Barnett roided, or avoided him...as well as being plagued by hand injuries.

Maybe he never fought in the UFC, but he fought every heavy weight worth mentioning for years outside of the UFC.

Just because he lost twice now, it doesn't diminish the mans accomplishments.
2/15/11 5:29 AM
TheAlchemist
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caliphornia - 
TheAlchemist -  This thread is ridiculous.

Amongst all of Fedor's fights only 6 fights have gone to a decision. Most of his fights ended by KO or sub in which Fedor usually won. 

Modern Day Tyson IMO. 

fail at logic, much?

last time i checked, this thread wasn't about how many decisions/knock outs/subs fedor has or doesn't have...

it's about the cans he has fought.
no this fuctard of a thread is about defaming one of MMA's most decorated and respected champions.  I simply skipped all that bullshit about the cans/no cans. The man has put away the elite (and anyone else they put in front of him) of his day and did it convincingly.  Not so much different than Tyson, and NO ONE would make a stupid ass thread describing Mike's career like this one has.

Maybe if your comprehension ran a little deeper I wouldn't have had to spell it out for you. Little thoughts for little minds. 

2/15/11 6:06 AM
crazydave
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So if you take out those 17 wins, his real record is 15-3.

exactly.
2/15/11 6:08 AM
crazydave
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And dont forget he lost to Arona and had to cheat against middleweight Lindland.
2/15/11 6:11 AM
keepthechange

The real question is what is missing from a persons life where they have to spend this much time trying to create an argument to make a fellow man whos dedicated his life to a sport we all love look bad....
2/15/11 7:27 AM
HungryHungryHobo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey dude, are you actually gonna pay me?
2/15/11 7:50 AM
Terraform
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan Severn FTW
2/15/11 8:38 AM
reasonable_mma

Bottom Line if any top 3 UFC heavyweight got beatdown by Bigfoot like he did to Fedor, the over the top super sensitive Fedor fanboys would have a whole different outlook.
2/15/11 9:48 AM
Oldboy

keepthechange - The real question is what is missing from a persons life where they have to spend this much time trying to create an argument to make a fellow man whos dedicated his life to a sport we all love look bad....

Truth and VTFU! I couldn't agree more man it's sad that some people have to be worthless trogs because they've done nothing with their lives.

These fairies will never step into the ring because they'd lose their pedestal to talk shit on after they got beat down. Notice how the best fighters always have great respect for Fedor? It's only the nobodies who running their mouths.
2/15/11 11:01 AM
slo ko
903 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like how a decent pro boxer doesn't even show up on anyone's radar until he has 20 wins, most of which were against washing machine salesman at bars and civic center you've never heard of. And yet, no one faults him for going through a develpmental phase before making it to the bigs.

And yet, mixed martial artists are given no such quarter by the fans. They are supposed to be badasses right out of the box, and god forbid they hone their craft against a guy with a .500 or sub .500 record.

2/15/11 11:12 AM
reasonable_mma

If you don't agree and come out say Fedor is the best ever, Fedor fans take that as people saying he's a bad human being,and somehow your suggesting he's wasn't a great fighter. Dana White said this for years and it came true. Folks he didn't fight the best when he had the opportunity. Fedor I'm sure is a great guy but get real, he could care less about any American fan.
2/15/11 12:33 PM
Bob Saget

Is Randy Couture a Can? Hes got a 18-10 record...... Phone Post
2/15/11 12:43 PM
combat fan

Has anyone done this for Anderson yet?

Jose Barreto, 0-1-0
Claudionor Fountinelle 9-12-0
Tetsuji Kato, 20-10-0 (he was actually a good fighter at the time, but you included guys with similar records so I guess he counts)
Israel Albuquerque, 0-3-0
Roan Carniero, 14-8-0
Alex Stiebling, 18-11
Alexander Otsuka, 4-13
Carlos Newton, 15-14
Waldir dos Anjos, 3-9
Curtis Stout, 11-12
Tony Fryklund, 14-9
Travis Lutter, 10-6
James Irvin, 15-8
Patrick Cote, 13-7

Spider's actual record: 14-4, herp derp derp

If you don't think Cote, Irvin, etc. should be included, neither should Schall, Kohsaka, Valavicius, etc. Same type of record.

See how dumb that made everyone?
2/15/11 1:02 PM
rockwell
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Valavicius being called a can is a disgrace.
He's a decent fighter and the only objection people could have is that he was usually a 205er (yet still looked bigger than Fedor when they fought).

TK was a decent fighter too. Fought all the top guys, lost to most of them but never was an easy fight or a gimme.
2/15/11 1:10 PM
Team GDP
399 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't been paid either, and he hasn't responded to a PM I sent him.
2/15/11 1:18 PM
Jody

Brock75thRanger - Randleman had his moments but hes been a 500 fighter his whole career

????
You're a fucking idiot. Before he ran into Randy Couture (you do know that Randleman fought Couture, don't you, TUF boy?), Randleman was tearing up the UFC and was Heavyweight champion.

Did you start watching the UFC after TUF 5, or was it TUF 6?
2/15/11 1:40 PM
formulate

except for fights agianst each other who have the UFC guys fought?

Mir is an embarrassment. so he beat lesnar once and a seen better days nog, but who else.

even cain hasn't beaten anyone. nog-6 years past his prime. lesnar? Rothwell? c'mon.

the problem with the UFC is their division is shallow and it is entirely inconsistent. They have lost any sort of linear concept to their title.

Give it 2-3 years and it will be more of the same. Cain and Lesnar won't be in the UFC. and it will be some fat scrub claiming to be the best, but never fighting anyone good.
2/15/11 4:44 PM
IL Razzo

formulate - except for fights agianst each other who have the UFC guys fought?

Mir is an embarrassment. so he beat lesnar once and a seen better days nog, but who else.

even cain hasn't beaten anyone. nog-6 years past his prime. lesnar? Rothwell? c'mon.

the problem with the UFC is their division is shallow and it is entirely inconsistent. They have lost any sort of linear concept to their title.

Give it 2-3 years and it will be more of the same. Cain and Lesnar won't be in the UFC. and it will be some fat scrub claiming to be the best, but never fighting anyone good.

Thats what I keep saying to all the people who constantly say "Fedor obviously didnt want to fight the best because he didnt go to the UFC".......What makes the ufcs fucking heavyweights the best in the world? Most of them suck.....American mma fans are so easily brainwashed by the corporate hype machine.......Cain #1.......Brock #1.....in the world? Who have these guys fucking fought? I think Cain is a great fighter.....But just because the UFC makes 20 c0mmercials telling you he is the greatest heavyweight in the world doesnt make it true.
2/15/11 5:40 PM
Jeff Sherwood
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/15/11 5:41 PM
Following your example, JDS and Overeem fought a bunch of cans as well....

JDS' biggest wins:

Fabricio Werdum - a legitimately quality opponent, not sure if ranked top ten at time

Gabriel Gonzaga - big name bc of the Cro Cop murder, but Gonzaga's wins are over fighters with not so good records and he lost to every good fighter he's faced

Stefan Struve - has a good record that is padded against opponents with losing records

Gilbert Yvel - unranked Journeyman who holds wins over lower quality opponents, has lost to every major fighter he faced

Cro Cop - pretty much ended Cro Cop's career ...was ranked top 10 at time

Roy Nelson - seasoned vet who has lost to good fighters and who's biggest wins were Struve (Struve inexperienced with padded record) and Schaub (had only 4 MMA fights at time)

So that means, in your eyes, that JDS has 2 "legitimate" wins against top opponents (Werdum and Cro Cop)

Overeem's only major win at HW was to Sergei Kharitonov back in 2006, and i'm not even sure if Sergei was ranked at the time....since then the only HW competition he's beaten is Rogers, Duffee, Fujita, Thompson, Goodrich, Hunt

IMO the only other notable HW to be considered greatest HW is Big Nog 

So if you mean to discredit Fedor's mark in MMA as the best HW ever, then WHO do you think is the best HW ever?

2/15/11 6:05 PM
Jeff Sherwood
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

also funny how TS lists the CURRENT records of the "cans" Fedor fought and not the records of the fighters at the time they fought

TS should take into consideration that Lazirov, Lagvilava, and Takada were Fedor's FIRST 3 fights, Koshaka had over 30 fights when he first fought Fedor, who had only 5 fights!.....Schall and Fedor had near identical records at the time they fought each other, ..Yanagisawa, despite having a terrible record, had over 50 fights when he fought Fedor (who had 8)...Hasdell is probably a can, but when he fought Fedor he had 28 fights under his belt and Fedor only had 8...i could go on...

When you consider the records of both fighters at the time they fought and the relative expereince btw Fedor and his opponents the only guys i consider cans are hasdel, Haseman, Valavicius, Zulu, and Choi.
2/15/11 6:11 PM
kyleburkle

u asked anyone i want my pay pal account

jeremy horn

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Horn

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.