UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Serious question for Kirik/mods

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
2/13/11 6:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HELWIG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why on Earth do you enable anyone who register's a free screen name to make a thread from the instant they join?

This has seriously taken away from the functionality of the site as well as the experience it provides.

It is now the equivalent of people paying to see a symphony and not only having others in attendence be allowed to make loud honking noises but actually being ENCOURAGED to do so by the conductor.

I strongly urge you guys to either consider restrictions on what a free membership allows for the first few months, or to set up a separate sub forum that users must pass through first before being allowed to make threads on the main page.

The novelty of this kind of nonsense wore off a long time ago and the quality of a great product is taking a huge hit.
2/13/11 6:48 PM
PrettyBoy
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't renewed my blue for this reason. Phone Post
2/13/11 6:50 PM
MakeMeBleed
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

signed this is bullshit. its worse then the damn sherdick forums in here.
2/13/11 6:54 PM
HELWIG

I think my symphony analogy fits perfectly.

I have no problem with dissenting opinions.

But Kirik letting random jerkoffs post threads mocking a F'ing ICON of the sport with zero restriction to the point where the first 50 threads are spam is just dissapointing.

I log in and its like "whats the point"?
2/13/11 6:55 PM
decasere

someone's butt hurt :(
2/13/11 6:59 PM
WidespreadPanic

1. If we would all post about MMA and fighting and associated subjects, then those threads would be obvious and we could skip the troll threads.
2. If we didn't feed the trolls they'd leave.
3. If we stopped posting useless 'Attn Kirik threads', sure I'd have nothing to read, but they are not about MMA/Fighting, ARE THEY? Lol.

2/13/11 7:11 PM
MY GOD THIS AARON RODGERS
645 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some of the troll accounts have gotten way out of hand. Why are multiple accounts allowed from the same IP Address?
2/13/11 7:12 PM
vengence
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

red name support here

i agree
2/13/11 7:18 PM
newbloodmma
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HELWIG -  I think my symphony analogy fits perfectly.

I have no problem with dissenting opinions.

But Kirik letting random jerkoffs post threads mocking a F'ing ICON of the sport with zero restriction to the point where the first 50 threads are spam is just dissapointing.

I log in and its like "whats the point"?
Ahhhh..... now we get to the real reason you started this thread. Thats one problem I have with threads and suggestions like these because it's usually written when someone has read things they don't like about one of their favorite fighters. Anytime a fight happens there are people talking shit about it wether it's Fedor, A. Silva or GSP. The vote up and down functions are what are supposed to combat the trolls and people need to start using that more.

2/13/11 7:30 PM
Frank Valente
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Works for me Phone Post
2/13/11 7:33 PM
645 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Question for the Mods.

Have any of you had discussions with Kirik or Chris about this and are they giving some feedback on how to deal with an on going and growing problem?

-Hired Gun
2/13/11 7:39 PM
K-Dub-"T"

MY GOD THIS AARON RODGERS - Question for the Mods.

Have any of you had discussions with Kirik or Chris about this and are they giving some feedback on how to deal with an on going and growing problem?

-Hired Gun

LOL@ them giving any feedback or listening to suggestions.
2/13/11 7:42 PM
HELWIG

"Ahhhh..... now we get to the real reason you started this thread. Thats one problem I have with threads and suggestions like these because it's usually written when someone has read things they don't like about one of their favorite fighters."

I'll read 1000 threads ciritical of Fedor from a posiiton of knowledge and perspective. I had a 20 minute discussion in the stands of SF with an old friend who told me he removed Fedor from #1 after the year he spent fighting Lindland and Choi and had Big Nog at 1 when he faced Mir.

I didnt agree at all but had no prob with hearing him out.

That has NOTHING to do with garbage like this.

Imagine me logging in to an NFL forum and spamming thread after thread claiming John Madden didnt really do shit for the Raiders because he's a bitch who's afraid to fly.

And then mods and the site's owner actually ENCOURAGING my shit behavior.

What does this accomplish?
2/13/11 7:46 PM
HELWIG

Another compelling question to ponder:

Who actually WANTS to read that shit?

Do other morons get excited and eagerly type back equally retarded nonsense?

Is that "fun" when you have no grasp or relevant knowledge in the subject matter of the message board?

If so, why in the world wouldnt Kirik make a separate "playground" where those people could revel in that stuff while not totally clogging the worthwhile function of the website?

Instead what Kirik has allowed to happen is the equivalent of "selling belts" in martial arts. Now anyone and everyone can command attention simply with a click of a mouse. To the detriment of everyone else.

And even if you say "just put them all on ignore", Kirik allows them to instantly create an additional SN and go right back to the same bad behavior.

Seems like a flawed system that could easily be improved.
2/13/11 7:47 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm seriously considering only responding in blue/green threads from now on, but every time I consider it, I realize how many long time members of this site refuse to pay for blue names anymore, thus I'd be missing out on their threads. I don't understand the need to constantly troll by some people on here, they're not even good at it. It's definitely become a case of quantity over quality, especially with OMA and CRE and some other trolls posting less and less.

2/13/11 7:49 PM
ForrestSavagedMyAceHole
2258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I support a "prospect/probate" period.

:)
2/13/11 7:50 PM
newbloodmma
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hear ya Helwig. Hell I used all my vote downs on the idiots who were making multiple threads about it.
2/13/11 8:51 PM
HELWIG

Be nice to at least get a response from Kirik to know what he thinks about it.

His site has gone from a beacon to a place where irrelevant voices can congregate to badmouth professional athletes.
2/13/11 8:52 PM
JustMasturBaderedToJones
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with this thread. There are way too many idiots posting stupid sh1t. You know it's bad when I'M complaining about it. lol - Kostakio Phone Post
2/13/11 8:57 PM
SHEli Manning Gets Fudge Packed
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used up all my VTFD's in about 2 minutes today.
2/13/11 8:59 PM
Dougie
1109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The IP issue is something else. Many people have the same IP.
2/13/11 9:01 PM

Possibly but the multiple troll accounts some people have is a major part of the problem.
2/14/11 2:38 AM
vengence
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MY GOD THIS AARON RODGERS - Question for the Mods.

-Hired Gun

speaking for me...ahem...

i dont think i matter enough in modship status to have them take my suggestions to heart
2/14/11 2:48 AM
GMB13

newbloodmma -
Ahhhh..... now we get to the real reason you started this thread. Thats one problem I have with threads and suggestions like these because it's usually written when someone has read things they don't like about one of their favorite fighters. Anytime a fight happens there are people talking shit about it wether it's Fedor, A. Silva or GSP. The vote up and down functions are what are supposed to combat the trolls and people need to start using that more.

You completely missed the point here.

First off, the OP is not posting this because he is upset about reading things he doesn't like.  He is upset about the volume of troll threads.  Would you disagree that members should earn the right to make threads?

Secondly, the vote up and down functions do nothing when a troll can just make a new account to spam threads.  Many trolls make multiple accounts ahead of time.
2/14/11 3:24 AM
HELWIG

Harlemsavoy -  I have brought this up before. Trolls have circumvented this by buying blue names for this reason.

I think it should just be a 100 post count requirement before they can even start a thread..... Then, a Senior Mod evaluates said poster after being notified that they have reached the posting thresh-hold and checks whether they are a Troll or worthy to start threads. The Lakers forum I post on does this as well.
That sounds like a great idea.

What kind of F'ing loser PAYS MONEY to troll a forum?

NOBODY has that petty and boring of a life.

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.

Only Pro Members and Moderators are allowed to post to this thread. Upgrade to a Pro Member account today!