UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Paul Kelly released by the UFC

2/13/11 8:53 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Gareth Davies brings word that British striker Paul Kelly (11-4) has been released from the promotion after his second round submission loss to Donald Cerrone (14-3) at UFC 126: "Silva vs. Belfort" on Feb. 5. The "sucker punch" reportedly had nothing to do with the decision to let "Tellys" go.

courtesy of MMAMania.com...

2/13/11 8:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
smoogy
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mushroom Slap - where's the UK troll spin attempt on this?

He's not in the UFC anymore, why would they care?
2/13/11 9:00 PM
sodagoespop
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe he can move down to strikeforce and find a couple of amateur fights to build his confidence.

The big leagues are cutthroat.
Jameswalsh
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo - I thought he looked good against Gabe, was a great combo to tKo Gabe, pity he got cut after such a domminant performance.

I'm sorry, what??
theREDwun
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo, dude.. you're thinking of Paul Taylor
2/13/11 9:01 PM
Tad Ghostal
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo - I thought he looked good against Gabe, was a great combo to tKo Gabe, pity he got cut after such a domminant performance.

Fuck off back to ref school Dan.
2/13/11 9:04 PM
breakbeatbox
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's the big deal? He lost to Sam Stout and Hathaway...not ready for the big leagues.
2/13/11 9:06 PM
Str4nger D4nger
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lmao@ supercalo... You trollin me dog? Phone Post
2/13/11 9:12 PM
CarlWinslow

One has midget arms on a large torso an the otherone has horrible horrible tattoos Phone Post
2/13/11 9:13 PM
TagaCameron

Huh. That's too bad. Seems like he was getting to be like Carlos Netwon with him winning
a fight and then losing a fight for a year and a half. Don't know if he'll be back, but
he's an exciting fighter to watch.
2/13/11 9:16 PM
TehUG
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it was because of the sucker punch
2/13/11 9:18 PM
HexRei

superCalo - 
theREDwun - superCalo, dude.. you're thinking of Paul Taylor

which one is he ? the one that got cut is a different guy ?

weakest troll angle ever
2/13/11 9:19 PM
Marzz
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fun guy to watch.
2/13/11 9:34 PM
ABE FROMAN

TehUG - it was because of the sucker punch

2/13/11 9:51 PM
Dana Stern

They said it wasnt because of the sucker punch. I dont think it was a sucker punch anyway but whatever. What sucks to me is that he always fought hard and brought it, was exciting, and pretty brutal in vitory and defeat. Dana always says he just wants guys to be exciting, oh well.
2/13/11 9:54 PM
MJM1912
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol.
2/13/11 10:06 PM
punchdrunkMMA
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uh yeah, Five Ounces of Pain reported this a day before Davies decided to Tweet it.
2/13/11 10:07 PM
JDSFTW

Can someone post the sucker punch gif please? thanks Phone Post
2/13/11 11:08 PM
LilRoyNelson

Happy to see this.....that sucker punch was completely disrespectful and caused him to get an ass whoopin.....he is not a class act and anyone in the fight game knows the universial gesture for tapping gloves.....also by the UFC saying it was NOT the cheap shot.....that means it WAS because of it.....the UFC can not deal with disrespect unless your name is Anderson Silva which Kelly couldnt hold his jock strap during a sparring session
2/13/11 11:19 PM
whiteghost
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how do you win fight of the night @ 126 and then get cut due to that performance?  Doesn't make sense, there's more to ths story.
2/13/11 11:24 PM
Crooklyn
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Redneck=Reality
When we interviewed Mark Pavelich on Thursday, he already knew about this. Said people were already calling him about picking up Kelly.  He's very interested in bringing Kelly to MFC.
2/13/11 11:24 PM
Carne de cavalo é o melhor
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am surprised.
"All I ask guys to do is fight, and to make a good show"
-Dana White

The man gets a FOTN bonus and gets cut?
I liked Kelly too.
Damn
2/14/11 1:48 AM
aaronlynton
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crooklyn - When we interviewed Mark Pavelich on Thursday, he already knew about this. Said people were already calling him about picking up Kelly.  He's very interested in bringing Kelly to MFC.

good to hear. always liked watching him fight. best of luck to him
2/14/11 6:47 AM
Pro Ice
2029 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/14/11 6:48 AM
It was his third loss in five fights but, the guy was definitely fun to watch always came to fight.
Probably had a something to do with the lil cheap shot.
2/14/11 7:38 AM
slimline
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I think this is pretty harsh when you consider he won fight of the night at 126. He's always looked like a guy that wants to get in there and bang... I think the jab/sucker punch made their mind up. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.