UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Big Nog: Silva would KO GSP

2/16/11 9:43 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

2/16/11 9:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ForrestSavagedMyAceHole
2054 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson would kill Georges.....I think Georges knows this, which is why he's reticent to take the fight. Look at his eyes every time he's asked about it, he wants nothing to do with Anderson.
2/16/11 9:49 AM
K-Dub-"T"
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think they should fight.
Better competition is to see who holds onto their title longer imo...
2/16/11 9:50 AM
Joe_Leduc

Brazilian supporting fellow Brazilian, news at 11.
2/16/11 10:01 AM
kingsama

if GSP was bigger this would be a fight, but Anderson has like 3-4 inches in height on him, couple inches better reach, and a bigger frame. Its not an issue of skill as i think GSP's skill set is the blue print for beating silva, i just think he is big enough to pull it off. In the end i think Nog is right and anderson peppers GSP till the KO.
2/16/11 10:04 AM
Stevius
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gsp is gonna have takedown silva immediately. Silva is gonna be too big for gsp, his reach will keep him away. To be honest I don't think this is a good matchup. I'd much rather see rua vs silva Phone Post
2/16/11 10:14 AM
dabigchet

before the sonnen fight, i thought silva could keep his distance and toy with him. now i am not so sure.
2/16/11 10:16 AM
CallmeMrJones

Big Nog stopped Anderson from opening a car wash, so I am thankful for his birth.

and this fight isn't happening.
2/16/11 10:21 AM
Lite
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva would best GSP easily. And no, GSP does not have the best wrestling in MMA. GSP has the best "in and out" mix of attacks in MMA, and that sets up his takedowns. But those leg kicks and superman punches wouldn't fly with Silva, and he'd be left with a shot that is inferior to a lot of wrestlers in MMA.
2/16/11 10:25 AM
bhamill
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well GSP has already SAID he will fight Silva if he beats Jake... so unless you see Jake taking the fight...

I think its a bad fight for GSP, I think he will get destroyed. But really, who is there left for GSP at 170? Maybe if Penn has moved up in weight properly and does a number on Fitch, maybe he can give GSP a run, but I'm not convinced its the case.
2/16/11 10:41 AM
RIPLEY

Edited: 02/16/11 10:45 AM
GSP kicks the shit out of everyone worth a damn in a highly competitive division and the only way to prove his greatness to many of the fucking douchebags on this site is to fight someone whose natural weight is 30-40 pounds heavier (not to mention height). If he managed to beat the much larger Anderson, morons would start shiting on his reputation for not fighting Cain. When is this crap going to stop. Weight classes exist for a reason for those of you that have never competed in a combat sport. I suspect most of the assholes that try to discredit GSP fall into this category of lazy boy recliner arm chair toughguys whose biggest challenge in life is knocking out a large deep dish pizza and trying to convince their parents not to throw them out.
2/16/11 10:49 AM
mark9
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gsp is smart enough to create the perfect gameplan to win against silva, but i still dont like this fight simply because of the size difference. Phone Post
2/16/11 10:51 AM
catchascatchcant

I think either guy could win, but it's not going to be close no matter what happens. Anderson is either going to find a way to finish GSP (most likely scenario IMO) or lose a lopsided decision fighting off his back.
2/16/11 11:05 AM
BigWilliam
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Serra did it, Silva certainly is a better striker than Serra.
2/16/11 11:15 AM
Sinead O Connors Nipples

The size difference may be too great, skillset wise though, GSP is without a doubt the better fighter in my eyes - if he was the same size, he puts a clinic on the Spider.

As for the article... MMA fighter in supporting his team mate shocker.
2/16/11 11:35 AM
LilRoyNelson

wow Nog has to find a way to get on the UG since his staph is all cleared up and he is irrelevant as a fighter anymore.......guess he needs to either return to law school, start up a career as an analyst, or play a full time zombie on the SyFy channel since that is how he fights
2/16/11 1:23 PM
Kid Salami
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - Serra did it, Silva certainly is a better striker than Serra.

I'm pretty sure GSP isn't going to underestimate Andersons striking the same way he did Serras
2/16/11 1:26 PM
Kid Salami
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilRoyNelson - wow Nog has to find a way to get on the UG since his staph is all cleared up and he is irrelevant as a fighter anymore.......guess he needs to either return to law school, start up a career as an analyst, or play a full time zombie on the SyFy channel since that is how he fights
VTFD.  Interviewer asks him his opinion and he gives it.  Mods nedd to be quick to ban these faggits.  It's really getting out of hand.

2/16/11 2:30 PM
RIPLEY

You have to admit that the full time zombie line was hysterical.
2/16/11 3:35 PM
LilRoyNelson

First off it is a free country so people can post whatever they want......Second, just because someone asks your opinion doesnt mean you have to give it....so keep yours to yourself
2/16/11 7:45 PM
lowkicksanonymous
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HokieFighter - 
Kid Salami - 
LilRoyNelson - wow Nog has to find a way to get on the UG since his staph is all cleared up and he is irrelevant as a fighter anymore.......guess he needs to either return to law school, start up a career as an analyst, or play a full time zombie on the SyFy channel since that is how he fights
VTFD.  Interviewer asks him his opinion and he gives it.  Mods nedd to be quick to ban these faggits.  It's really getting out of hand.

Need a tissue?

Yes, full time zombie, ha ha, that is very rich, ha, that is to say lol, yes quite... clever lot, you.

Smashingly original commentary.

That aside, GSP hasn't lost in quite some time. However, neither has Anderson. The Spider has finished quite a few inside of his win streak, where GSP has finished... BJ Penn? Well, his corner threw in the towel.

GSP is smaller. Even at 185, GSP is smaller. Just dimensionally, the height, Anderson's long-ass legs.

I do think he will be able to get the takedown but doubt his ability to lay and pray. He couldn't finish Dan Hardy, or Alvez when he had him down, so he is going to submit Silva?

While very technical, he seems to be hesitant to commit too much and the only knockout blow I recall is Jay Heiron. I doubt he has Sonnen's moxy to come out swinging and aggressively looking for a takedown.

I'm sure his sub defense is gravy but I'm still baffled how people can think he is going to take this one. He seems to have very limited options.
2/16/11 8:14 PM
Mr Sponge

Big Nog has a lot of tricks Phone Post
2/16/11 8:20 PM
AnotherTMAguy
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think GSP vs Rich Franklin would be a more competitive and as much of a draw.
2/16/11 8:25 PM
SinCityHustler

I'd much rather see GSP facing guys like Akiyama, Bisping, Leban, etc.  No sense in feeding him to the best fighter on the planet for his weight division debut
2/16/11 8:26 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never want to see this fight. Anyone who does is a.....well you know.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.