UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mike Brown dealing with mystery heart ailment

2/17/11 9:36 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
913 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

To correct his injured hand, Brown recently had surgery, his seventh career fight-related operation, to be exact.

"I'm in a cast for five weeks, and I need four weeks of rehab," he said.

But that's not all. He potentially could have a bigger, much more serious issue to address.

"I am seeing a cardiologist," Brown said. "It's something to do with my heart rate not being right.

"It happened in the middle of camp. We thought we were overtraining because I was peaking hard, and all the sudden, I started getting more and more tired really quickly. It didn't make any sense. I'd be sparring for half a round, and I was getting exhausted. But two weeks before, I was mowing through everyone in camp."

Although he did experience the same sensation against Nunes, it was even more pronounced in the Yahya fight.

"My body shut down," he said. "I had this weird lactic acid buildup real early. It's the most bizarre thing. It just wasn't me."

read entire article...

2/17/11 9:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kirik
1365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, President
 Hope this gets fixed up soon.
2/17/11 9:57 AM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Helps explain some of his recent issues...I wonder if it's just something stress related, or if he has an actual problem with his heart. Dude should take some time off, he seems burned out
2/17/11 10:02 AM
1 2 3 ACE
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully this isn't as serious as it potentially sounds, he always seems like a really good guy.

I found the Yahya loss pretty shocking to be honest. I know Mike was on a bad run, but that's a fight I would never have seen him losing, and though I haven't seen the fight it sounds as though he wasn't physically right.
2/17/11 10:07 AM
GoGo GadgetPlata
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seeing Mike struggle the way he has lately didn't seem natural.

This would make sense, wonder if he starts working on his ground game more with his hands beat to hell.

Speedy Recovery Mike.

War Mr. Pink!

2/17/11 10:07 AM
romophobia
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck Mike!
Want you back in form.
2/17/11 10:25 AM
Poindexter
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck, that sucks. Hope all is well soon.
2/17/11 1:23 PM
biggator
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow thats not cool. get well War MTB
2/17/11 1:42 PM
alvo69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"We support Mike Brown" = get well son!!
2/17/11 1:46 PM
mark9
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hope he pulls through this and comes back better than ever. Phone Post
2/17/11 1:56 PM
conwaytitty
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Probably after effects from eating "free" gritty's pizza
2/17/11 2:09 PM
Tankhead
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best of luck, Mr. Brown! Hope to see you back in peak shape, whopping ass just like the old days! Phone Post
2/17/11 2:42 PM
Greenup
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get well soon Mike. Phone Post
2/17/11 2:48 PM
Canada_88
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Greenup -  Get well soon Mike. Phone Post

2/18/11 2:38 AM
LilRoyNelson

I really hope it is nothing serious.....Mike Thomas is a great person and competitor
2/18/11 7:01 AM
Matt Peterson

We love you, Mike! Phone Post
2/18/11 7:04 AM
NorthFromHere
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like overtraining. Get well Mr Brown!
2/18/11 7:47 AM
BrockbackMountain
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike brown is the fucking man!

TTT!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.