UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> Would you trade Kesler for Malkin?

2/19/11 8:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mencken
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in a keeper league.  We draft 16 players.  Each year, we can choose to keep players, and their draft round will get bumped up.  If they were drafted in Round 12 this year, next year they'll be considered drafted in Round 10.  Round 11 to Round 9, and so on. 

I currently have Kesler drafted in the 12th round, meaning if I kept him he'd be in the 10th next year.  I have been offered a trade of Kesler for Malkin.  Malkin, obviously, is out for the season, and his only value is as a keeper. 

One added rule, Malkin was drafted in Round 1 this year.  If a player that has been drafted in Round 1 is kept, you lose your Round 10 pick.  This just stays empty, and you fill the slot after the draft is over. 

So thinking long term, would you rather have Kesler in the 10th round next year, or Malkin plus losing the Round 10 pick? 

For what it's worth, I probably won't win this year.  There's a good chance I'll be in the money, but just to break even.  Kesler would be needed for that. 

Thoughts?
2/19/11 9:00 PM
Mencken
703 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/19/11 9:00 PM
 Also, based on my team now, I will not be keeping anyone in my first 10 rounds.  I built my team aboot looking forward, and so I have a lot of young talent. 

2/22/11 3:18 AM
PR
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kesler is a beast FWIW, his points production should stay around this level for a couple more years at least.

I guess the trade is basically just gambling on Malkin's health. Knees are bad news.
2/22/11 10:29 AM
Mencken

Yah, that's kind of what I'm thinking.  I think Malkin will have better numbers, but given their relative positions in our draft, I don't think it adds up. 
4/27/11 3:29 PM
buckshot44
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hells no, I'd take Kesler over Malkin any day.
4/27/11 3:46 PM
Mencken

Yah, lol I rejected the trade.  

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.