2/20/11 9:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
takedownandsub
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

see title....
2/20/11 12:41 PM
Matt Ward
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Andy, did you get to fight? Phone Post
2/20/11 12:57 PM
takedownandsub

no, my opponent thought the fight was next week? i dunno....all my guys looked great though....when are you coming to town we gotta kick it!
2/20/11 6:51 PM
Matt Ward
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That sucks man. I'm gonna try and get down there soon. Just gotta find time bro. Phone Post
2/21/11 1:34 PM
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmm... Wasn't there a "No Contest" in there somewhere?
2/21/11 2:49 PM
takedownandsub

call it what you want tom i can post the video...
2/21/11 7:18 PM
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sigh...

a) I wasn't at the fight.
b) I was told some elbows were thrown to the back of the head and the fighter was examined by the doc, who stopped the fight.
b) I was told the official decision was "no contest."

I'm not trying to start anything, and I wasn't trying to talk shit. If you took it that way, well, that's not how I meant it.

I'm just saying why have rules, a doctor and a referee if you aren't going to abide by their decision?

I've been to dozens and dozens of fights. Hell, 150 or so at my own promotion. We've all got stories that go "Man, my guy was winning and the damn doctor/referee stopped it. Man, that other fighter is a p*ssy for not continuing. Man, that other coach is a p*ssy for not letting his fighter continue." Etc etc etc...

Few of us ever say "Man, my guy was winning but he got carried away and elbowed his opponent in the back of the head. The doctor/referee did the right thing and stepped in for the fighter's safety."

And nobody EVER says, "Man, my fighter cheated, so the ref stopped the fight. I chewed my fighter's ass out. I hate a cheater!"

I don't know what happened; I wasn't there. I'm just saying.. ah never mind. People see what they want to see.

I promoted quite a few shows. I always told my refs and docs that if there was EVER AN ISSUE OF FIGHTER SAFETY to stop the damn fight. Immediately. Period.

These are AMATEURS in a state without a sanctioning body. And, usually, without insurance... Win, lose or draw (or no contest), none of that shit matters to me as much as FIGHTER SAFETY.

Everybody is gonna lie about their record, anyway. I know a "heavyweight champion" who says he is "undefeated", yet he lost a title match on one of my freaking shows... And the "other promotion" says he is "undefeated." Lie!

Dude, don't make this a personal issue. Hell, I'm in Florida now; I don't have a dog in this hunt. I'm just saying: let's make fighter safety a priority, and not call fighters "a pussy" for listening to the doctor, ok?

Suppose he had been seriously hurt. Headline:
"Fighter crippled at UNSANCTIONED, ILLEGAL CAGE FIGHT in Auburn." Ugh...

One more time: FIGHTER SAFETY FIRST. Agreed?
2/21/11 10:25 PM
RELENTLESS804

Andy, please post your video and I hope your video shows what my video showed. Your fighter with a shiny back from all the damn grease covering the back of his head, neck, shoulders, and back. My guy had the deepest guillotine That I've ever seen on your guy, then all of a sudden his head just pops out. I'm calling BS on that one. Then your guy throws 3 Illegal strikes to the back of is head causing my fighter to have blurred vision in his left eye. Your Doc stopped the fight. If there is a question about the grease on his back ask Keith about it. He touched your guys back then had to wipe his hand off, then apologized to me in the cage. Question. If he's the best fighter you have why did you/your coaching staff whoever grease him up like that? During another fight one of your coaches was coaching your guy from my corner. What was all that about? Do you/your coaching staff need training? Andy, I'm not trying to bust your balls just setting things straight from my point of view. I hope we can work together again under better terms.

Now onto the promotion. Keith Johnson did a great job of taking care of the fighters! Couldn't ask for a better promoter for his first show. It looked like the fans had a great time. Team Relentless will be glad to fight on his show again...

Andy if you would like to talk about this you can call me. I wish you the best....
2/22/11 11:52 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DAMN...I miss a day and we have "no contest" disputes, allegations of greasing, etc.

Andy post that video! haha, i love it.
2/22/11 2:20 PM
Adam588
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Post the vid Phone Post
2/22/11 3:15 PM
takedownandsub

coming up...
2/23/11 10:05 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt 4 Auburn MMA.

to the bottom for Relentless.
2/23/11 12:32 PM
TomStedham

Ah, Strangle...

question: if the doc stops a fight, if the ref/judges declare it a "no contest", should you say "we went 4-0"...?

That was my question that started this.

And, as I also said:
considering that we are still UNSANCTIONED, and that MMA IS TECHNICALLY STILL ILLEGAL IN ALABAMA...

Do we want to fuck around with fighter safety???

We ain't talking about a nut shot. Yeah, I've seen some questionable nut shots, where the guy or his coach rides the rules and says "fuck it. We'll take the no contest."

We're talking about ELBOWS TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD. as in multiple ones...

Was it intentional? Was it accidental? Was it just a fighter carried away in the heat of the moment? Did it actually happen?

I DON'T KNOW! I WASN'T THERE!!! Cody says elbows; does Andy say no elbows were thrown? I want to see both coaches' videos. Don't you???

I thought the original controversy was that Andy said the other fighter was "a pussy" for not continuing...

I stick by my point: why risk a fighter's safety, AND WHY RISK THE BAD PUBLICITY OF A FIGHTER BEING SERIOUSLY HURT WHILE MMA IS STILL UNSANCTIONED AND "ILLEGAL"???

Like I said, everybody is gonna lie about their fighter's records anyway...

If one of my fighters got elbowed in the head, and had blurry vision, you're goddamn right I would not let him continue.

At all my shows (13 of them!) I personally briefed the fighters, and told them that the ref and doc had strict instructions from me to STOP THE DAMN FIGHT if there was any chance a fighter was hurt. _I_ would take the heat from the fighter or his coach if he was pissed off about it.

This isn't a UFC with $25g's on the line, or a title shot against BJ Penn at stake. These are just AMATEUR FIGHTERS, and unsanctioned and probably UNINSURED FIGHTERS...

Seriously, if we keep sniping at each other, how the hell are we gonna work together when the commission does take over???

This kind of shit makes me glad I'm in Florida now...

2/23/11 2:02 PM
Stranglehold26

Tom, you might have been talking about Andy calling him a "pussy" (since that was not posted here, and you are the only one talking about it). The thread was about Auburn MMA going 4-0. Would you be happier if it said Auburn MMA goes 3-0-1 NC?

We haven't seen the videos, we have only seen you asking if there was a NC, and Andy saying, "call it what you want", and Cody, well, doing what Cody does best...whining like a little bitch.

question: Did the doctor stop the fight, did the ref stop the fight at the doctor's suggestion, or did the fighter say he couldn't continue? I have not seen this discussed, and from some of the comments I can't tell which one took place.
2/23/11 4:04 PM
takedownandsub

someone broke the internet, ill have a vid whenever.....here's the thing.......
i dont care
2/23/11 4:39 PM
Stranglehold26

haha, well played sir, well played. let em bitch.
2/23/11 4:45 PM
Adam588
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Post the video Phone Post
2/23/11 5:25 PM
Stranglehold26

when people already have their minds made up, video wont change anything. If Andy posts it, I will watch it...but if he doesn't, no big deal.
2/23/11 5:56 PM
RELENTLESS804

Seth, what have I whined about? When a team cheats it's wrong. The Doc stopped the fight. I'm not upset with the decision just Andy and his coaching staff. Malclom was supposed to be the best Auburn had to offer. So if they cheated during all of his fights (3-0) is he really the best they have? I will post the video on Relentless fight club/relentless combatant wear facebook in a couple of hours.
2/23/11 8:02 PM
Russell Schenck
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FFI/Pro Managment LLC , Matchmaker/Owner
I want to see the vid.... Although here are my 2 cents (like anyone cares what I think) Its an ammy fight and the rules are different than a pro fight to protect the fighters who are really in the learning stages of their careers. I have promoted more shows than most have seen and when dealing with ammy's, everyone must understand the adrenaline is at such a high level for these guys accidental fouls are going to happen. Strikes to the back of the head are bad but very common along with accidental elbows but the bottom line fighter safety is more important than seeing the guys go back to battle in a low level, still learning type setting. This is a learning experience for both guys and the ammy records mean nothing. I would rather have a guy fight a hard fought battle that is fought everywhere, on the ground, in the clinch and banging and lose than a guy win in a 20 second ko. They become a much better fighter with the first scenario. It is about getting better and learning from each fight. Win/lost does not matter as ammy... As you become a better fighter and learn from great wars the wins will come...

About the greasing... I was not there so I have no real comment if they did or didnt... I will say that if it is true and only the fighter and coaches really know, it is a practice they should stop, it is setting the wrong tone for their team and it is not exceptable.. Personally knowing Andy and the guys from Auburn, I would be suprised if they would grease an ammy fighter but I digress...

I do know that Keith Johnson and the guys from Auburn are great guys. Keith is a great fighter, promoter and person. This was his first event and I am sure there will be more. These situations are unfortunate but it will be a learning experience for Keith. I have seen my share of crazyness over the years...
2/23/11 8:02 PM
RELENTLESS804

Tom, it was punches.
2/23/11 8:07 PM
RELENTLESS804

Well put Russell, but ask Keith about the grease. He touched Malcolm's back then looked and me and said I'm sorry. I didn't warm him up. Then later in the dressing room told me that he cursed his coach out about it and that it would never happen again. Keith did run a great show.
2/23/11 9:28 PM
takedownandsub

i dont wanna put malcolm down at all but to say that a 3-0 amateur is the best auburn mma has to offer is massively underestimating what we have to offer.......workin on the vid and it might be tomorrow...ill have all the auburn mma guy's fights posted btw
2/23/11 9:54 PM
RELENTLESS804

Andy, I'm not insulting or underestimating Auburn mma, just going by what was said by one of your guys.

Seth, you don't know me so stop trying to start shit, like you do so well.

Look guys, I'm not on here to argue, fuss, fight, or whine. I'm just responding to what is posted. The fighters at Auburn mma looked great. I say again the only problem that I have is that one of the coaches for Auburn mma put Vaseline all over one of their fighters. That's cheating. I just want a fair fight! I will be glad when the commission gets in so they can regulate and fine cheating teams.

Andy, I hope we can get past this bump in the road.
2/24/11 10:39 AM
Stranglehold26

LOL@ accusing a team of being cheaters, and then saying you hope you can get past this bump in the road. Stop insulting them and maybe you can move on.

Also, you are not my dad, so don't try to tell me what not to do. I didn't start this shit. I didn't accuse of a fighter of cheating, you did. You started this shit, not me.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.