UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> Auburn MMA goes 4-0 at Kage Kings

2/24/11 10:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok...

Let me be perfectly clear: I didn't ask Andy a question in order to start any shit.

Why is everybody feaking out? We give each other shit here all the time. Well, the 8 or so of us who are left in the AL UG, anyway...

Because of who I am (being involved in Alabama mma for 4+ yrs) I get calls, emails, etc about fights all the time. So I "heard" there was a "NC" on that show. When Andy didn't list it, I asked about it... Plain and simple. It's the journalist in me. What can I say?

And to reply to Strangle, YES, I would have been happier if Auburn MMA would have said "3-0-1 NC"... So there!

At least we now have the most posts/reads on the UG in quite a while. That's gotta count for something... lol..

Andy & Cody:

Be glad the fight wasn't in down here in Florida! Ammy's w/less than 5 fights have to wear shin guards, and no blows to the head on the ground!!! And a standing fucking 8-count with a knockdown!!! Seriously.

Basically, everybody runs out, does a takedown, and you have a jits/wrestling match in front of 300 pissed-off drunks who want to see knockouts...

Yes, ammy fights here SUCK!

Okay, I'm out of this. Who's competing or bringing guys for the AL BJJ competition? I posted about that, but nobody replied...

Andy?
Cody?
Joey?
Russell?

Anybody...?
2/24/11 10:51 AM
TomStedham
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/24/11 10:51 AM
2/24/11 11:40 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom, that's what happens when a commission gets involved. They make ammy MMA actually "ammy" MMA. A place where kids can learn the game without going all the way into it. As it stands in Alabama, the only difference between pro and ammy is that promoters don't have to pay the fighters...

The fans still get a full on MMA rules fight, and the promoter can get away without paying the kids. A commission will change that and make it so promoters trying to make money off these kids will have to either pay them for a pro fight, or have a less entertaining ammy product.

I have no beef with you, but you and the rest of the promoters in Alabama throw these events with 14 fights, dont pay the fighters shit cuz they are ammy and then pack 500-1000 people in the arena, or barn, or strip club, and bank off of it. Ammy MMA should not be exactly the same as pro MMA when it comes to the rules and regulations of what happens in the cage or ring.

If a promoter does not like the safety measures put in place for ammys by the commission, then they can choose to pay the fighters and have a pro event. Although this will result in putting most of these promoters out of business, because nobody can get more than a thousand people to show up to a fight in Alabama, so they cant afford to pay a full card of pros.
2/24/11 7:36 PM
takedownandsub
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

malcolm's fight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIospNR3II0

derek "the king" james
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUQeP9EturE

emilio pagan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv_a_-v9FO0

shane mills' fight to follow later its taking forever to load
2/24/11 7:39 PM
Russell Schenck
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/24/11 7:50 PM
FFI/Pro Managment LLC , Matchmaker/Owner

2/25/11 2:41 PM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Derek James..holy shit. Talk about dishing out a beating.
2/25/11 4:42 PM
Josh J

He was wearing some awesome shorts as well.
2/25/11 6:17 PM
takedownandsub

i knew ya'll would like that
2/27/11 1:28 AM
gorillagrappling

You're all gay. Phone Post
2/27/11 7:29 PM
takedownandsub

nah dude im only part gay...these other guys though...def 100% all gay
2/27/11 8:56 PM
gorillagrappling

Andy, it's Fred. And I'm pretty much undefeated on the al ug. Phone Post
2/28/11 11:31 AM
chasedelong
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i thought they finally got a commission in AL?
2/28/11 12:44 PM
takedownandsub

i know freddy, i dotn seek internet fisticuffs i assure you....ps did you go to the state wrestling tournament? if so gimme thoughts, etc please
2/28/11 4:52 PM
gorillagrappling

Nah, I live in ft lauderdale now so I missed it. I'm sure it just gets better every year. Phone Post
3/2/11 6:38 AM
gorillagrappling

I mean. I'd grease. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.