UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> The Yard House

2/22/11 1:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
murphy365
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thursday night some friends and I went to "The Yard House", in Honolulu.  It's a pretty great restraunt (for a chain restraunt) the food is good and they have like 100 beers on tap plus "blends" like black and tan etc. I had a Chimay white to start (probably the best beer I've had) then we shared some appitizers nothing too memorable, I ordered the Garlic Chicken Noodles ( a mix of chicken, mushrooms, peas in the pod and soy beans with a nice sauce over some noodles) with a Kona brew co. Coco Loco Brown (tasted like caramel that was slightly burnt) a great meal.  Then to round it off I had what was listed on the menu as "Black Velvet" (Guinnes Stout float on Wyder's Pear Cider great to look at but tasting the Guinnes with the sweet cider was a good combo) I would recomend this place to anyone, especially someone who likes beer but they were out of Lindeman's Framboise(Belgian lambic) but the check isn't light.  So if there is one near you get there asap.
3/7/11 4:42 PM
Mit
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Went to one in California a few years back. I really loved it.
3/10/11 10:21 PM
murphy365
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ya, its probably just a snow pea but I'm not a culinary expert, the Chimay white is worth the whole trip

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.