UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> San Jose Budhist lives up to d-level status

2/22/11 11:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
gbutts
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/22/11 11:25 AM

Nanka took a group of 64 competitors to the San Jose Budhist tournament Sunday. We took home a lot of medals against some very tough competition. Some of our players had to fight players from Japan, Mexico, Germany, and France. The players that train at the WCJTC really displayed their groundwork by submitting 17 0f 21 competitors they face. Making this a d-level tournament was a good move it really bought out some good players.

The matches at 73kg were the best.
2/22/11 11:30 AM
rmenergy
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's awesome. I was planning on attending with a couple others from my club but came down with a sinus infection & a serious ankle injury(that will be attended by the surgeon on March 4th).

My instructor, Sensei Rubio, was very excited about this tournament and sounds like for good reason.

I know it was a large event, but you didn't happen to run into anyone from 5 Cities Judo did you?
2/22/11 11:49 AM
gbutts
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rmenergy - That's awesome. I was planning on attending with a couple others from my club but came down with a sinus infection & a serious ankle injury(that will be attended by the surgeon on March 4th).

My instructor, Sensei Rubio, was very excited about this tournament and sounds like for good reason.

I know it was a large event, but you didn't happen to run into anyone from 5 Cities Judo did you?

Greg was there with his wife and kid, I talk to for a bit. His people were still competing when we left.
2/22/11 11:59 AM
rmenergy
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's nice to hear. He does get in trouble at home for supporting the club "too much" so it's awesome he is able to get out to a good tourny once in a while.

I'm more than likely out for at least 6 months but once I recover maybe I'll see you at a Judo or BJJ tournament sometime.

Congratulations & good luck to you & your club.
2/23/11 11:53 AM
gbutts

highlights of san jose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqpUOzdjghA
2/23/11 3:24 PM
gbutts

picutes from san jose

http://photos.apriltse.com/Events/Judo-Tourney-2011/15915463_TgXnG#P-1-15

2/24/11 10:51 AM
judoblackbelt
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gary, This reminded me of the Senior Nationals. I watched the video but the pictures I couldn't find on her events page. I would of loved to be there to observe and talk to all the judokas in California I do not know.
2/24/11 11:12 AM
gbutts

judoblackbelt - Gary, This reminded me of the Senior Nationals. I watched the video but the pictures I couldn't find on her events page. I would of loved to be there to observe and talk to all the judokas in California I do not know.

I was really suprise to see how well our junior players did against some good season players and players from other countries. I talk to alot of nanka players and coaches and they were really impressed by my players matwork. So once a month we are going to have a nanka matwork clinic. The picuters were taken by a local judo mom I don't know if his her business/profession ;I will have to ask her.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.