UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Electric Smokers

2/22/11 12:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stinkylicious
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Morning,

I am thinking of buying an electric smoker and wonder if any of you guys have used one before. I do not want the hassle of having to babysit a real smoker.

IO have checked out this one. http://www.basspro.com/Bradley-Smoker®-Electric-Smoker-Model-BTIS1/product/45487/-967155 but am unsure if I like the briquets.

any info?
3/3/11 12:25 AM
Mullet @ Heart
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't want to mess with the over-priced pucks or the moving parts. Especially if your'e going to keep it outside.

I bought a Cookshack, and love it.

http://www.cookshack.com/
3/3/11 10:02 AM
dennisv
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have one, I love it. So easy to use. The pucks are a  little pricey, though.

photo.JPG
3/4/11 4:31 PM
Stinkylicious
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/04/11 4:31 PM
I want to start making some beef jerky with it. I somehow missed this delicasse growing up in New England.<br /><br />Brisket and ribs will be had, as well.<br /><br />Any good jerky recipes.

And what is with the bricks inside the smoker?
3/5/11 11:48 PM
crescentwrench
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have one that just uses wood chips so I don't have to buy special pellets or discs.  It has a little hopper on the side to reload it.  That way you don't have to open the door and lose all that heat.  Mine takes a long ass time to heat up so opening the door too much is bad bad. 
3/6/11 5:41 PM
samichlaus
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mullet @ Heart - I wouldn't want to mess with the over-priced pucks or the moving parts. Especially if you're going to keep it outside.

3/7/11 2:58 AM
Mullet @ Heart
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ The guy that introduced me to Cookshack. Forever, I will be grateful.
3/7/11 9:31 AM
dennisv
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stinkylicious - I want to start making some beef jerky with it. I somehow missed this delicasse growing up in New England.

Brisket and ribs will be had, as well.

Any good jerky recipes.

And what is with the bricks inside the smoker?

The bricks are to try to retain some heat when you open the door to put the meat in. I don't know how well it works, but, it seems like a lot of work to take them out.
3/8/11 9:16 AM
samichlaus
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol

That Cookshack is built like a safe.
3/12/11 2:36 AM
shootfightermike
663 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.