UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Best Sambo Vids / Instructionals ????

2/24/11 4:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Baki
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/25/11 3:40 PM

I really like watching the Youtube Sambo vids that I can find, and particularly like their grips and set ups. It seems to me that many of the gripping strategy would compliment some of the common stances/attacks in bjj (my personal jacket wrestly art). I'm surprised that I don't hear more about a cross-training (maybe it happens, and I don't know?!?!).<br /><br />What are the best vids to learn some Sambo takedowns or throws?<br /><br />Looking forward to hearing from you,<br /><br />Baki
2/24/11 4:56 PM
rmenergy
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sambovision

You should be able to pick up a couple things here.
2/25/11 3:52 AM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sambo for professionals

hands down.
2/25/11 3:50 PM
Baki

Thanks for the reply guys.

RM,

Man...Sambovision is awesome! I'm going to lose many hours to watching that!

Is there a Judovision as well?

Josh,

thanks for the strong endorsement. what makes that one so good (as opposed to any others)? Looking for an honest assessment, considering your coaching and competitive background.

Thanks in advance,

Baki
2/25/11 4:45 PM
rmenergy
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.judovision.org/

Have fun.
2/25/11 6:54 PM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there is nothing as comprehensive as sambo for professionals. period.

it is a computer dvd only... i think.
for every single technique they show all 4 angles. they some competition versions of it being done. they show combinations with it. they show counters to it. they show how to train for the technique. there is a photo-book of each technqiue just like a standard instructional book would have as well.

nothing, and i mean nothing, comes close to giving that much for that price.

and, the traning version is just nuts. it allows you to compare yourself to members of the russian national teams. insane!
2/25/11 9:07 PM
rmenergy

http://www.budovideos.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=25240

Is this the DVD package you are talking about? I'm curious as well. Thanks in advance.
2/25/11 9:28 PM
hugomma
833 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoshuaResnick - there is nothing as comprehensive as sambo for professionals. period.

it is a computer dvd only... i think.
for every single technique they show all 4 angles. they some competition versions of it being done. they show combinations with it. they show counters to it. they show how to train for the technique. there is a photo-book of each technqiue just like a standard instructional book would have as well.

nothing, and i mean nothing, comes close to giving that much for that price.

and, the traning version is just nuts. it allows you to compare yourself to members of the russian national teams. insane!
I've heard great things about Sambo for Professionals.  Check out this YouTube trailer, it looks pretty wild.

2/26/11 8:41 PM
SamboSteve

SFP is hands down the best!

I have some stuff here you might like:
www.youtube.com/ussambo

2/26/11 8:46 PM
dynamo
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Josh,

Thanks for the props. Igor is one of my best friends. Believe it or not the videos do not do justice to his skill level. Josh can attest to this because he has trained with Igor in person. I'm going to a sambo camp with Igor in Ukraine in June. I can't wait.
2/27/11 5:38 PM
JoshuaResnick

monster. seriously. last thing in the world i want is igor on my legs.
2/28/11 1:25 PM
SamboSteve

My flight is booked! Ukraine is not weak!

Regarding instructionals, my new on-demand "Sambo: From Grip to Sub" is nopw live at www.digitsu.com

3/3/11 10:03 PM
Baki

Holy shitballs, guys!!!!

thank you so very much! I've been trying out some of the grips that i've seen. they've been working well....it messes up my bjj buddies (i'm a bjj dude myself...).

I think that i'll pick SFP....and thanks for all the others.

Oh...and thanks for judovision too!!!!

Why don't see more hybrid / crossover in sambo and bjj? (maybe we do, and I just don't know...)

Baki
3/4/11 2:28 PM
rmenergy

My BJJ instructor comes from a Sambo background so they are out there. Sambo(Quality) is just a bit hard to come by in most parts of the US & Canada. Judo is just much more available to people(and less expensive).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.