UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> what level should a bjj bb compete in a judo tourn

3/6/11 9:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
judoblackbelt
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At first BJJers were doing judo to see what it is and improve there standing game for BJJ. Some were in it to add it to their belts. Now it seems BJjers want to learn judo because they like the sport for its throwing aspect and can use their mat skills. What makes judo so attractive is its world class competition level. Many local tournaments to compete in. Excellent local instructors (though not as many as needed) All tounaments are all run professionally with volunteers with many years of experience.
3/8/11 11:05 PM
Drewdeaux
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/08/11 11:05 PM
<br />If you don't train in the discipline, than you shouldn't be competing in it! <br /><br />If your just in it to collect hardware and bragging rights, you are a douche.<br /><br />If you are training with lots of partners and you are honest with yourself and your instructors are honestly ranking you on your combined skill set, then you know where you stack up when both standing and ground game are combined.<br /><br />This goes for either sport.<br /><br />
5/19/11 3:12 PM
phatcat
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a BJJ Purple Belt and have a background in Sambo. I always play Black Belt in Judo. To play anything less I think is unfair.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.