UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Judo World Cup Warsaw - live feed

2/26/11 4:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Polonista
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.eju.net/calendar/?mode=showLiveTransmission&id=616
2/26/11 8:25 AM
judoblackbelt
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks, watching it now. Last week I watched the replay matches from Dusseldorf on judovision.org.
2/26/11 8:45 AM
Polonista
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finals in one hour and 15 minutes. Phone Post
2/26/11 1:54 PM
judoblackbelt
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watched many matches today, 73K fighter from France Darbelet was outstanding. Tomorrow Bobby Lee(90k) and Daniel McCormich(100+k) fight. I will be at one our local tournaments so will have to catch some of the matches on judovision later in the week. Thanks
2/26/11 6:40 PM
Missing Glove Tape
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My computer didn't really like the feed for some reason, but I, too, managed to watch a lot of matches. I really liked the action in -66kgs. Sanjaasuren, Nazaryan, and Zagrodnik especially.

That said, I am not liking(or understanding) the new rules at all. I think it was the Khan-Magomedov vs. Zagrodnik match where KM attacked with a pretty nice te-guruma(iirc), and thus grabbed the leg/pants. The refs/judges immediately huddled together for a minute or two, the commentators(who I thought were annoying) were saying it should/would be an automatic hansoku-make, and then after all that it's a no call(penalty or score) and the match continues. WTH? So is it no leg/pants grabbing at all or is it up to the referee's discretion?
2/27/11 7:38 PM
mocarroll

I didn't see the match your talking about, but a simple way to think of it is that you can grab the legs as a counter to a move your opponent is trying or as a secondary move you are trying.
2/28/11 10:14 AM
judoblackbelt

At these A level events they have the benefit of replay. But I "wish" they would change the leg grab infraction to a shido then the second to dis. for the match. I saw the Mongolian Khashbataar get DQ's for a leg grab agaisnt the strong Pol. Wilkomirski. What is ironic is I talked to Wilkomirski at our A level event last year in Miami. He said he was returning from a 1 1/2 layoff due to an injury(I think arm/shoulder). He was a world class players in 2001-2003. Then there is a break in his world class record from 2005-2009. Wilkokiesji took 2nd and lost to Darbelet of France in the 73K.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.