UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> Post your favorite lures

9/18/12 1:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_sevent2
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I crappie fish and bass fish a lot in Southern Ohio. My go to for either in the Spring and Fall is an 1/8 oz RoadRunner. Chartreuse, white or an combination of the two and I catch a bunch. They even work well trolling for crappie in the summer when they go deep.

http://www.basspro.com/Crappie-Thunder-Road-Runner/product/37086/
9/18/12 1:33 PM
UGCTT_sevent2
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/18/12 1:32 PM
2x
11/11/12 12:12 PM
martinburke
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bullfrog Zara Puppy, and a G-Finish Shad Zara Puppy with red hooks.

When the water's a little choppy, a bullfrog Tiny Torpedo.

If I have to try something other than topwater, one I use a lot is a 1/8 oz white beetle spin with a #3 or 3½ gold willow leaf blade. I've caught everything from sac a lait and bluegill to a 35-in black drum with that.

11/11/12 2:47 PM
martinburke
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not that I'm rubbing it in or anything, but I was fishing in t-shirt and shorts this morning.
7/10/13 6:16 PM
jdsga
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Terminator spinnerbait
Any rattletrap
Spook for top water(a little difficult to learn how to use but they work)
Yammamoto(sp) worms, trick worms, brushhogs around weeds
7/10/13 6:47 PM
martinburke

I make a run over to my fishing spot after I watch those videos on bass-frog.com.

every...fucking...time

btw, has anyone tried a Booyah Pad Crasher yet? 

7/13/13 2:56 PM
XIITT_JBASS
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Byrd - Photobucket

from top to bottom

Black Bart "Marlin Candy" double hooks on 500lb mono

Black Bart "Oz Prowler" double hooks on 500lb mono

Yozuri head i skirted up with double gorilla hooks on 400lb mono. caught marlin on this guy.

Where ya from Byrd? 

Love me some Black Barts as well, caught a few Marlin on them. I'm from Australia so I tend to try and buy Australian lures. I used to buy Pakula lures but after the way he tried to destroy the guy who used to make Pakula Lures, I decided to buy his direct competitor's lures. He makes a lure called 'Thunder' and I got it in Evil, the first day I ran it the lure got smashed 5 times - which were all 5 of the bites we got that day. Never seen anything like it. Here's a pic of the bad boy, it gets run every time we go out. 

A Blue Marlin that fell victim to the above pictured lure

7/23/13 11:46 AM
ku3mm3t
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some of my go-to's (I'm in WI, so mainly small lakes, rivers, Bay)

Mepps #3 dressed gold (or any mepps for that matter, #3 is $ though)
Rapala Original Floater any size Firetiger
Rapala Jointed Minnow any size Black, Silver, Rainbow Trout, Firetigerc colors
Scum Frogs/Spro Frogs
Hula popper bigger sized, Frog color, dressed
Jitterbug, frog colored
Minnow swimbait jigs
Texas-style rigged crawler

Always have live bait with as well though :)
7/25/13 6:46 AM
XIITT_JBASS
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's a brand of skirted trolling lures that's hit the Aussie market in the last few years called Larva Lures. They're unique in the fact that they've got interchangeable heads and you can do it without needing to cut the leader. You essentially get 2 lures in a pack (one skirt, two different shaped heads) but when you buy multiple lures in a size, you get endless spread options for not as much coin. And it's pretty easy to change heads out in a pitching boat. They're a great system, I've got a few and they all smoke like crazy

An older favourite of mine, but hasn't done so well for me the last couple of seasons. Zacatak Luminescent Sprocket. To clarify a little more on my last post, the guy who makes the below pictured lure (and Evil Thunder in my above post) used to make lures under a different brand name. But when the original owner bought that company back - he got screwed big time. And after he screwed him, he tried to screw the guy again. That bloke lost 95% of his friends because of it and now everyone buys Zacatak lures. This head shape and colour in a 9.5' got me my biggest Blue Marlin. 

Mold Craft in Purple, black and white. 10 inch I think it is. Has been bitten numerous times. 

10/5/13 9:39 PM
Byrd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry, just seen this.

I lived in Okinawa for 4 years and loved to troll. I now live back in South Georgia and already have a few trolling trips planned. Largemouth bass until then.
6/14/14 1:23 AM
SQUIRREL Master
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alvo69 -  

I know this is old but where do you live at in illinois i just moved to quincy and am looking for some new fishing spots
6/14/14 8:15 AM
B17
461 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Been killing it on a black chatter frog. Phone Post 3.0
8/13/14 6:13 PM
vintirex
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inshore saltwater in florida, i like the ol reliable gold spoon!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.