UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW responds to Fukuda robbery

2/27/11 8:00 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1074 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Judges fucking suck again!! Fukuda got robbed!!!

Read entire twitter...

According to compustrike:
"Fukuda had a 26-11 edge in power strikes landed and had 5 take downs."

The judges were  Evan Bzadough, Sal D'Amato, Paul Sutherland.

2/27/11 8:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fakezaga
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He also says Fukuda is getting his win bonus.
2/27/11 9:24 AM
Mathamuticus
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He deserves his win bonus. That's a good thing. Phone Post
2/27/11 11:19 AM
Naughty Gorilla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

asian brother can't get no love, man.
2/27/11 11:23 AM
BuddyRevell
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesn't Zuffa pick the judges whenever an event is not in the US?
2/27/11 11:47 AM
Snuggles

ring won round 1

it is possible that ring won round 2 though I feel Fukuda won round 2.

Fukuda won round 3.

Regardless of how dominant Fukuda was in round 3 it was not a 10-8 round and Ring could have won. We have seen worse robberies in mma.
2/27/11 12:14 PM
sevr1
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ring landed a ton of leg kicks in the first two rounds and Fukuda didn't really do anything with the takedowns, so I don't see why everyone was so upset. I wouldn't have been all that surprised either way. Just depends if you value a bunch of leg kicks or a couple takedowns
2/27/11 12:38 PM
Hoss

I just watched it expecting the worst decision ever and I am not really surprised. I definitely think it could have went either way. Ring won round one, I probably would have given Fukuda round 2 and definitely round 3. The problem is the commentators put so much emphasis behind the takedowns. The takedowns are meaningless when a guy doesn't even land a punch and his opponent gets back to his feet immediately. just my opinion. That being said though if I was a judge I would have given it to Fukuda.
2/27/11 12:49 PM
BuddyRevell
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FYI:

Judges shall evaluate mixed martial arts techniques, such as effective striking, effective grappling, control of the fighting area, effective aggressiveness and defense. Evaluations shall be made in the order in which the techniques appear, giving the most weight in scoring to effective striking, effective grappling, control of the fighting area and effective aggressiveness and defense. Effective striking is judged by determining the number of legal strikes landed by a contestant and the significance of such legal strikes.

Effective grappling is judged by considering the amount of successful executions of a legal takedown and reversals. Examples of factors to consider are take downs from standing position to mount position, passing the guard to mount position, and bottom position fighters using an active, threatening guard.

Fighting area control is judged by determining who is dictating the pace, location and position of the bout. Examples of factors to consider are countering a grappler's attempt at takedown by remaining standing and legally striking; taking down an opponent to force a ground fight; creating threatening submission attempts, passing the guard to achieve mount, and creating striking opportunities.

Effective aggressiveness means moving forward and landing a legal strike or takedown.

Effective defense means avoiding being struck, taken down or reversed while countering with offensive attacks.

2/27/11 1:01 PM
nowaydo
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Male judges...what do you expect!
2/27/11 1:04 PM
Wasa-B
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snuggles - ring won round 1

it is possible that ring won round 2 though I feel Fukuda won round 2.

Fukuda won round 3.

Regardless of how dominant Fukuda was in round 3 it was not a 10-8 round and Ring could have won. We have seen worse robberies in mma.

I felt the same way. Its not implausible that Ring won the first 2 rounds. Ring had the most significant part of R1 though it was still competitive.

Riki won R3 as said but not 10-8 (not even close).

It came down to R2 which wasnt a slam dunk by either guy.

Im actually more disappointed that Fukuda didnt have a better showing though he started to do better across the entire fight, some good tds set up by strikes but not too much aside.
2/27/11 1:05 PM
Winnson

Worst decision I've seen since the Hague / Tuscherer fight.
2/27/11 1:06 PM
K-Dub-"T"

Naughty Gorilla - asian brother can't get no love, man.
My thoughts exactly.
Nam Phan/Garcia all over again.

This Asian UFC  racism is of great concern.

2/27/11 1:07 PM
Silverball
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BuddyRevell -  Doesn't Zuffa pick the judges whenever an event is not in the US?

2/27/11 1:07 PM
Goopus

I scored the first round for Ring. The second round was a LOT closer, but I also gave it to Ring. That was a razor-close round. The third was Fukuda's without a doubt. 29-28 Ring in my opinion.
2/27/11 1:10 PM
Goopus

It sorta reminds me of Dunham-Sherk. I thought it was clearly 29-28 Sherk and everyone seemed to be smoking crack or something, thinking Dunham won.
2/27/11 1:25 PM
Wasa-B
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The question you need to ask yourself is:

Did Fukuda decisively, clearly win 2 rounds?

IMO, no.

2/27/11 1:35 PM
DarrenJG

Garcia/Phan was a horrible robbery. I also thought Dunham/Sherk was a really bad call.

I am curious to see this fight to compare.
2/27/11 1:36 PM
epwar
658 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

K-Dub-"T" - 
Naughty Gorilla - asian brother can't get no love, man.
My thoughts exactly.
Nam Phan/Garcia all over again.

This Asian UFC  racism is of great concern.

Don't forget Garcia vs. Korean Zombie too.
2/27/11 1:51 PM
Floppy Divac
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"This Asian UFC  racism is of great concern."

Akiyama got hooked up in his debut.
2/27/11 2:39 PM
Mmanizzle

did Dana pay him anyways?
2/27/11 3:12 PM
Hungry4Stink
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fukuda didn't do shit with his takedowns. Nice to see judges realize that.
2/27/11 3:17 PM
Haulport

Didn't the UFC pick the judges in Australia? I could be wrong here but can anyone confirm?
2/27/11 3:17 PM
Haulport

Hungry4Stink -  Fukuda didn't do shit with his takedowns. Nice to see judges realize that.
Why didn't they realize that with Fitch?
2/27/11 3:57 PM
Wasa-B

Haulport - 
Hungry4Stink -  Fukuda didn't do shit with his takedowns. Nice to see judges realize that.
Why didn't they realize that with Fitch?

lol, you have serious problems if you cannot distinguish what Fitch did to BJ and what Fukuda did to Ring on the ground. I guess people are talking about Fitch and 10-8s just because?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.