UnderGround Forums

MMA Writer UnderGround >> What are you currently working on ?

2/28/11 4:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
zealot66
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

List some of your projects that you have done in the past, toying with now or fully involved

I was working with a blog that got some good compliments from some people in the PMC world and former soldiers from South Africa and the Former Rhodesia but I hit a reasearch dead end.

www.theeagleswillgather.blogspot.com

I''m working on an article about the battle of Hurtgen Forrest in ww2

Im 84k words in to a historical novel about world war two as well.
3/13/11 2:49 PM
Old Red Belt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/13/11 2:50 PM
I'm currently working on Martial Art articles. I started with Black Belt Magazine years ago, now I'm a well known outdoor writer with several magazines and the Hunting information website Foremost Hunting.com for the outdoor guys and gals out there. Being a Karate instructor since 1974 I recently did two things of intrest I was elevated to 10th Dan at the death of my Grand Master and I teach striking at La's Ultimate Mixed Martial Arts School in Leesville Louisiana (Ft Polk)I'm looking forward to comunicating with all of you. <br />
4/3/11 2:40 PM
Old Red Belt

Recently I wrote two historical martial art articles, One to Louisiana Road Trips Magazine entitled In Search of the Martial Arts and a similar article to MMA Worldwide called A Horse of a Different Color, which takes a different look at martial art history from the American Karate viewpoint and how it will eventually absorb into MMA...very interesting. This gets into how style came about and the most deadly martial art technique....the opinion. More good stuff coming you will see.
5/3/11 10:58 AM
siouxNYC
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is my blog - www.mmajournalist.blogspot.com.  i'm the assistant editor of this website - www.mmaconvert.com.  i've been writing about MMA since 2001, and this is my book about the NYC underground fight scene hitting bookstores at the end of october - www.amazon.com/Raw-Combat-Underground-World-Martial/dp/0806535040.

i promised my agent that my next manuscript would be fiction and that i'd get it to him in a few months.  it's a supernatural thriller and at this red hot moment i'm up to about 25,000 words.  it'll be around 70K when it's done.

5/14/11 1:25 AM
Old Red Belt

Recently I was hit with the request to come up with something new from Foremost Media. I have always said original humor is the most difficult, but when I hit on the idea of Road Kill Magazine.com I couldn't stop laughing as I wrote. It took about 2 hours to put the plan on paper and was instantly approved. It is only hours old and I need writers that can really make people laugh. We will build this together so if you are interested ujoutdoors@yahoo.com and I will get you started.
5/15/11 3:13 PM
SpankMeWithYourWisdom

I am working on a lengthy project which will take at least a few years to finish.

I am trying to write a book which may turn out to be a novel.
5/22/11 5:00 PM
fakezaga
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi, I am new to the Writerground.

I write documentary TV shows. Here is a clip from a series I direct, write and narrate. It only airs in Canada and (oddly,) Hungary. We are just wrapping post on season two and shooting season three.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVEREj_BQi8

I am also interested in comedy writing and am working on my first five minutes of standup.
6/2/11 6:05 PM
zealot66
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should look into the Comedy Writers post. Also, how did you go about getting into documentries ? I have a ton of ideas for documentaries but am clueless what to do with thm once you get a  fisished product.
6/4/11 12:16 PM
fakezaga
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zealot66 -  You should look into the Comedy Writers post. Also, how did you go about getting into documentries ? I have a ton of ideas for documentaries but am clueless what to do with thm once you get a  fisished product.

I work for a production company that principally produces documentaries for TV. I used to be a TV news reporter, and got this gig via a friend connection. I have degrees in journalism and fine art.

It is in Canada, so the system is a bit different than the way things might be done in the US. Basically, we don't make anything on spec. We make sure there is a customer and a contract before we do anything. But if you wanted to break into it, you'd need to show people something on tape. PM me and we can chat about it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.