UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> Bibby won't be the answer

3/2/11 2:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Floppy Divac
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's not gonna be enough for the Heat to get over the hump in the playoffs.  He didn't hurt them I don't think, but they needed a big more than a guard imo.
3/2/11 3:10 PM
HeatleMania12
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually think they will be pretty dang good when Bibby and Haslem get comfortable. I'm not sure if Haslem comes back ready though. He's just now jogging.

I think they can make the East finals which is pretty good, but not their ultimate goal.
3/2/11 3:18 PM
Floppy Divac
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck, forgot all about Haslem!!  He's gonna be the biggest factor imo.  How's Bibby done from a facilitator standpoint over the last few years?
3/2/11 3:46 PM
HeatleMania12
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bibby is a modern PG who looks to score first. Has been since Sacramento as you are aware. They did runa different system with lots of motion and passing, but it was a team concept. Bibby wasn't any more of a facilitator than CWeb or Vlade.

I honestly think score first PG's are the way to go if your team has enough talent. Miami does. They don't need a facilitator. They don't need defense. They just need more guys who know how to win. Bibby has played on playoff teams 8 of the last 9 years. That's a big step up from Carlos Arroyo.
3/2/11 4:13 PM
Floppy Divac

Yeah, he was the shit with Sacramento for a few years there.  Well even if he's not needed as a facilitator his production has slipped a bit in the past few seasons hasn't it?  Still a step up from Arroyo though I guess.  :)
3/2/11 4:20 PM
HeatleMania12

Nah Atlanta just cut his minutes since he's getting older to save him for the playoffs, like everybody else with veterans does. He is still productive when he's in there.
3/2/11 5:32 PM
Floppy Divac

Yeah, hadn't seen Bibby making much of an impact from what little I'd seen of his play in atlanta.
3/2/11 6:00 PM
fna
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bibbly will be rape raped by Rondo and Rose should they meet up in the playoffs.  But MIA has been getting raped by good PGs all season, so if he can hit a 3, I guess its better than running Arroyo or House out there.

Maybe now that they might have a proper PG, Lebron will post up some more.  Disappointing he's in his 8th season and still hasn't developed a good post game despite having a size advantage over everybody that guards him.
3/2/11 6:06 PM
Floppy Divac

Yup, defensive liability for damn sure!!
3/2/11 6:11 PM
EKPOGI
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

last 3 posts are correct.
3/2/11 6:16 PM
HeatleMania12

Miami has one of the best defenses in the league. They needed a PG who could score, particularly from the perimeter. Bibby fits the bill.
3/3/11 12:19 AM
CRBMoney14
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They need to put more trust in Chalmers imo
3/3/11 8:32 PM
305-onpoint
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Heat were good enough before the addition of Bibby.
3/3/11 10:20 PM
MadDog243
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/03/11 10:20 PM
I love how he talks about his "decision" like he is some kind of magnanimous sage, an NBA journeyman hardend by years of ups and downs.

You are a ring chasing front runner, dipshit. Nothing more and nothing less. I dont care how much verbal diarrea he shits out of his mouth, THAT is the reality.
3/3/11 10:31 PM
Floppy Divac

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!
3/3/11 10:44 PM
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bibby can shoot 3s like a mofo. That's all Miami really needs from him.
3/3/11 10:46 PM
Floppy Divac

He's 1-4 on three pointers tonight, like a mofo.  :)
3/3/11 10:57 PM
305-onpoint
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MadDog243 - I love how he talks about his "decision" like he is some kind of magnanimous sage, an NBA journeyman hardend by years of ups and downs.

You are a ring chasing front runner, dipshit. Nothing more and nothing less. I dont care how much verbal diarrea he shits out of his mouth, THAT is the reality.

Yep, exactly what Charles Barkley was.

How did that work out for the Suns?
3/4/11 12:17 AM
CRBMoney14
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

305-onpoint - 
MadDog243 - I love how he talks about his "decision" like he is some kind of magnanimous sage, an NBA journeyman hardend by years of ups and downs.

Yep, exactly what Charles Barkley was.

How did that work out for the Suns?

Barkley was chasing a ring in Phoenix?

I dont think so
3/4/11 12:54 AM
Floppy Divac

No shit, just a poor attempt at taking a shot at MadDog's team.  Barkley was part of an absolutely incredible Suns team.  THAT was my squad for a minute, was really hoping they'd beat the Bulls that one year.  Which coincidentally I think was the same year Danny Ainge threw a ball at Mario Elie's dome and had to backpedal his way out of what woulda been the worst beating of his life. lol  Used to play NBA jam with Phoenix all the time.  HE'S ON FIRE!!!!  Breakin backboards n shit with Barkley and hitting halfcourt 3 pointers with Thunder Dan.  lol  :)
3/4/11 3:03 AM
MadDog243
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/04/11 3:10 AM
You are correct on almost every count Floppy, but the Elie incident came a season after the Suns last finals appearance. Maybe you are thinking of the time Greg Anthony's bitchass threw a faggoty punch at the back of Kevin Johnson's head. that did happen in the 92-93 season.

305 is confused because he just picked up basketball this season and someone told him that fat guy on TNT used to play basketball, and more specifically used to play for the Suns a long time ago. If I were him, I would be so embarrassed about that pathetically ineffective and all together absurd analogy that I would probably change my screen name. Shouldnt be hard, niners gonna nine. If you want to know how I felt about Philly TRADING Barkley to the Suns, 305...it worked out great. One of the best (and grossly underrated) finals series during an amazing era of basketball. Jordan literally had to put the Bulls on his back to beat the Suns, Im pretty sure he averaged about 40 a game in that series.

Now if he had mentioned Barkley joining the Rockets, then he wouldve been on to something. But I doubt he was able to wikipedia enough info before he crafted that brilliant insult. And it wouldnt have been applicable to my team, except to say we got an alien and some dude who threw a towel at Danny Ainge. Im pretty sure that same Will Smith lookin mother fucker came back to haunt the Suns somehow...
3/4/11 5:01 AM
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Floppy Divac -  He's 1-4 on three pointers tonight, like a mofo.  :)

A mere statistical blip, Floppy. Expect him to shoot much better than that once he gets settled in.
3/4/11 8:56 AM
MadDog243

Chuck was such a fucking monster. I watched a game from the 93 Suns/Sonics WCF series a few months ago where Barkley had 41pts, 15 rebs,10 asst. He just killed everything in his path.
3/4/11 9:04 AM
Enamoratu
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MadDog243 - You are correct on almost every count Floppy, but the Elie incident came a season after the Suns last finals appearance. Maybe you are thinking of the time Greg Anthony's bitchass threw a faggoty punch at the back of Kevin Johnson's head. that did happen in the 92-93 season.

305 is confused because he just picked up basketball this season and someone told him that fat guy on TNT used to play basketball, and more specifically used to play for the Suns a long time ago. If I were him, I would be so embarrassed about that pathetically ineffective and all together absurd analogy that I would probably change my screen name. Shouldnt be hard, niners gonna nine. If you want to know how I felt about Philly TRADING Barkley to the Suns, 305...it worked out great. One of the best (and grossly underrated) finals series during an amazing era of basketball. Jordan literally had to put the Bulls on his back to beat the Suns, Im pretty sure he averaged about 40 a game in that series.

Now if he had mentioned Barkley joining the Rockets, then he wouldve been on to something. But I doubt he was able to wikipedia enough info before he crafted that brilliant insult. And it wouldnt have been applicable to my team, except to say we got an alien and some dude who threw a towel at Danny Ainge. Im pretty sure that same Will Smith lookin mother fucker came back to haunt the Suns somehow...

Oh, the memories! The 92-93 season has to be one of my all time favourites. I think it must have been game 3 or 4 of the Finals in Chicago that went to triple OT. Jordan ended up scoring 55 or 56 points in one of the all time great NBA games. 

Sir Charles, much like Malone, Stockton and Ewing just came along at the wrong time. MJ and the Bulls were just too dominant.  Had Jordan have "retired" a year earlier, Barkley would be kissing his ring right now.

Great trade for the Suns at the time acquiring Barkley. A small number of people at the time thought it was a fair deal for the Sixers (!!!!!) as they were getting the Suns leading scorer (Hornacek), leading rebounder (Perry) and leading shot blocker (Lang). Ummm, not so great in hindsight. The Sixers didn't crawl out of the cellar until AI came into his own in the late 90's.
3/4/11 9:10 AM
Enamoratu
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Monsters Ball - 
Floppy Divac -  No shit, just a poor attempt at taking a shot at MadDog's team.  Barkley was part of an absolutely incredible Suns team.  THAT was my squad for a minute, was really hoping they'd beat the Bulls that one year.  Which coincidentally I think was the same year Danny Ainge threw a ball at Mario Elie's dome and had to backpedal his way out of what woulda been the worst beating of his life. lol  Used to play NBA jam with Phoenix all the time.  HE'S ON FIRE!!!!  Breakin backboards n shit with Barkley and hitting halfcourt 3 pointers with Thunder Dan.  lol  :)

One of my greatest NBA final shot memories came from those Suns teams. It was a playoff game and the Spurs were leading and Barkley shot a 3 pointer over David Robinson to win the game. It was just so awesome seeing him hoist that up over the Admiral to win that game.
I think I have this game on VHS somewhere but I'm pretty sure it was a two point shot Barkley hit.

Charles at the three point line casually spinning the ball around in his hands watching the clock run down guarded by David Robinson (still wearing tape on his hand from an injury the year before) who is sitting off him a couple of feet, Barkley puts the ball on the floor for two or three dribbles, gets the Admiral off balance and shoots over him for the game winner.

Barkley was one dominant mother fucker that season. The story of the regular season that year was definitely the Suns and a rookie center named Shaquille O'Neal breaking backboards (including one in Phoenix early in the season).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.