UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> basic tattoo equipment?

3/2/11 4:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
d7b
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi, this might be the last post I make before some 1%ers come and kick my brains out but I want to get a basic tattoo machine setup for my girlfriend to work on herself / pigs and the like with.

What exactly would I need apart from the tattoo machine? any brands to look out for? expected total price?

thanks for any info!
3/2/11 11:54 PM
pencilboy25
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hahahaaaa.... seriously??

Do it properly, beat the streets, get tattooed by the best in your area, draw like a maniac daily, put together a portfolio, and work on getting a proper apprenticeship.

From the ground up, show off her cleaning skills, and show that she can show up on time, stay until close, or later. Make sure she isn't a head case, and is dedicated. Then, and only then, should she come close to holding a tattoo machine in her hand.
3/3/11 12:56 AM
d7b
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pffft. Sounds sensible.

From a bunch of people who wield oxy's and chainsaw/circular saws/angle grinders on a daily basis , Not to mention surgical tools I use daily, I respect your approach, but it wasn't the question I was asking.

We arent trying to start up a shop tattooing people as a business. We have a very different agenda.

thanks anyway

3/4/11 3:40 AM
queef latina
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know you probably dont want to hear it but tattoo machines are not toys. Your girlfriend WILL seriously fuck up her skin and scar herself maybe even getting infections. It takes TIME and people to mentor you to be able to pull a straight line. If you still insist on it I would research research research. Hopefully after the research you will not buy her the equipment and let her go about it the right way.

Wish I could answer the way you want but thats the reality my man. If you still want to do it hop on google and buy a kit for around 400 bucks. After a few months of scarring, upsetting your friends with crap tattoos and realizing skin is really fucking hard to tattoo you can put the kit on craigslist for 100 bucks and she can start drawing everyday to build a portfolio and hopefully get an apprenticeship.

Im not trying to sound like an asshole but it is not as simple as buying equipment. I bought a kit back in 02' ....by 03' I had sold the kit (losing out on hundreds of dollars) and was drawing like a madman and making tattoo industry contacts. I had people tell me not to do it. I got pissed, bought the kit anyways and learned my lesson. My friend still has horrible scarred letters on his arm that you can see under his cover up. Good Luck man. Hope you dont take this the wrong way.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.