UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Irvin allegedly tests positive for steroids

3/2/11 5:09 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

UFC light heavyweight veteran James Irvin allegedly tested positive for an anabolic steroid following his loss to Jorge Oliveira at Tachi Palace Fights 7 in December.

Irvin allegedly tested positive for Epitrenbolone, also known as Trenbolone Metabolite. Trenbolone, taken by intramuscular injection, is a steroid typically used on livestock to increase appetite and muscle growth.

Sherdog.com confirmed news of Irvin's alleged positive test on Wednesday with California State Athletic Commission officials.

read entire article...

3/2/11 5:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
frontrowbrian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shocking

there goes Shark fights' main event on March 12th
3/2/11 5:13 PM
Blazing Knees

At least he's not fighting at 185b and looking like Skelator
3/2/11 5:17 PM
NonstopRocker03

Wow, I'm shocked.

-_-
3/2/11 5:30 PM
Deaf Forever

So Anderson Silva has fought Chris Leben, Nate Marquardt, James Irvin, Chael Sonnen and Vitor Belfort who all tested positive for roids at one time or another (not to mention Dan "TRT" Henderson). How many more juicers is this guy going to fight?
3/2/11 5:32 PM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Roundup
 I wonder if it is tigerblood.
3/2/11 5:35 PM
jjj2121

frontrowbrian -  shocking

there goes Shark fights' main event on March 12th

Texas licenses anyone, hence why Barnett is fighting there in June and why Margarito/Pac was there. 
3/2/11 5:38 PM
Addo
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gonna make it all the sweeter when Houston gets his payback. If they let him fight.
3/2/11 5:39 PM
Splandman
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deaf Forever - So Anderson Silva has fought Chris Leben, Nate Marquardt, James Irvin, Chael Sonnen and Vitor Belfort who all tested positive for roids at one time or another (not to mention Dan "TRT" Henderson). How many more juicers is this guy going to fight?

I think you mean how many juicers that get caught will he/has he fought?
3/2/11 5:41 PM
Deaf Forever

Splandman - 
Deaf Forever - So Anderson Silva has fought Chris Leben, Nate Marquardt, James Irvin, Chael Sonnen and Vitor Belfort who all tested positive for roids at one time or another (not to mention Dan "TRT" Henderson). How many more juicers is this guy going to fight?

I think you mean how many juicers that get caught will he/has he fought?

Hahaha good point!
3/2/11 5:41 PM
rockwell
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trenbolone? Why? Phone Post
3/2/11 5:42 PM
Blazing Knees

I thought it was TRT Sonnen and not Hendo?
3/2/11 5:42 PM
ds1970
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RedVexx - Wonder how he passed till now... I knew he was juicing the first time I saw him.

3/2/11 5:53 PM
NHB USA
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blazing Knees -  I thought it was TRT Sonnen and not Hendo?

Kizer said Hendo did it the right way, Sonnen did it the wrong way.
3/2/11 5:55 PM
jjj2121

Blazing Knees -  I thought it was TRT Sonnen and not Hendo?

Hendo and Todd Duffee are the only 2 fighters with a TRT exemption in Nevada I believe.  There were rumors about Randy but I think that was proven false.  Also rumors around Hughes but it's been a while since he has fought in Vegas I believe.
3/2/11 6:02 PM
whoabro

RAPEDBYJONES'SBIGBONE - allegedly the article said allegedly far too often.

allegedly it was the alleged case<br type="_moz" />

myself is offended by the redundancy
3/2/11 6:26 PM
rides

i am shocked
3/2/11 6:37 PM
FightScientist

I think its funny when people can't understand how people pass tests and either believe they don't do steroids because they have never tested positive or think they must've just started when they do test positive. To me its more shocking that they don't know how to cycle properly. If you are going to do it, and lets be real 80-90% are (and that goes for probably most athletes in any pro sport), you better know how to do it properly. That is why only the only way to test is collegiate style, random, anytime throughout the year or the training camp. When you know you are getting tested after the fight, its pretty easy to have most anything out of your system if you want it out by then.... allegedly of course.
3/2/11 6:50 PM
NHB USA
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ that's exactly why the UFC does NOT do random drug tests.  Sadly, many kids and fans around the world would be heartbroken if they found out Lesnar, Anderson, GSP, Randy, etc, tested positive for steroids. 

The most comical thing is, everyone thinks if you "juice" you'll automatically just look like Alistair Overeem....lol.
3/2/11 6:56 PM
Deaf Forever

FightScientist -  I think its funny when people can't understand how people pass tests and either believe they don't do steroids because they have never tested positive or think they must've just started when they do test positive. To me its more shocking that they don't know how to cycle properly. If you are going to do it, and lets be real 80-90% are (and that goes for probably most athletes in any pro sport), you better know how to do it properly. That is why only the only way to test is collegiate style, random, anytime throughout the year or the training camp. When you know you are getting tested after the fight, its pretty easy to have most anything out of your system if you want it out by then.... allegedly of course.

This.
3/2/11 7:31 PM
Peckerwood

Hopefully he will still fight Houston Alexander this month? I doubt it matters since the fight is in Texas. Josh Barnnet has tested positive 3 x and he still fights.
3/2/11 7:39 PM
Card
2068 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shark fights cancelled the fight.
3/2/11 7:42 PM
The Patriot

TTT

For Alex Wysocki to weigh in on this and break it down
3/2/11 7:45 PM
whoabro

NHB USA - ^^^ that's exactly why the UFC does NOT do random drug tests.  Sadly, many kids and fans around the world would be heartbroken if they found out Lesnar, Anderson, GSP, Randy, etc, tested positive for steroids. 

The most comical thing is, everyone thinks if you "juice" you'll automatically just look like Alistair Overeem....lol.

correct on all accounts
3/2/11 7:52 PM
Humphrey

Edited: 03/02/11 7:59 PM
whoabro - 
NHB USA - ^^^ that's exactly why the UFC does NOT do random drug tests.  Sadly, many kids and fans around the world would be heartbroken if they found out Lesnar, Anderson, GSP, Randy, etc, tested positive for steroids. 

correct on all accounts
um no. First off it's the commissions that do the testing, not the UFC. the stupid consipracy suggestion is completely wrong (but normal for  average dumb conspiracy intelligence), and some commissions do have random tests. If you don't believe it, ask Barnett who was busted precisely that way last year.

So pretty much incorrect on all accounts.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.