UnderGround Forums

Anaconda No-Gi UnderGround >> First Naga tourney, STL march 19th

3/3/11 3:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
otres
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was wondering which division I should compete in.

I have an extensive wrestling background, and have been training no gi grappling for 3 years since Ive been out of HS.
3/3/11 9:31 PM
TheBulgarianAssassin
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Intermediate or Expert. Which division were you thinking?
3/3/11 10:05 PM
otres
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was thinking about expert just to dive into it.
3/3/11 10:09 PM
TheBulgarianAssassin
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go for it. You doing gi as well?
3/4/11 12:13 AM
otres

I don't have any bjj academys in my area, but I've considered buying a gi to compete solo.
3/4/11 12:42 AM
TheBulgarianAssassin

Where have you been training this no-gi then? Some no-gi only place? And go for it, but things are a little different with a gi.
3/4/11 6:02 AM
otres

Yeah I train at a muay thai gym that does no gi on our off days, also I've bought eddie bravos instructional dvds.
3/8/11 10:51 AM
CR1chard
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if your wrestling + grappling (whether gi or no gi) is over 5 years, you will have to compete in the expert division

~a NAGA ref (that will be in STL)
3/8/11 4:16 PM
Str4nger D4nger
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go for broke in the expert division son. Not much of a point in competing if your not gonna challenge yourself. Phone Post
3/8/11 4:17 PM
Str4nger D4nger
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*you're Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.