UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana just said.....

3/3/11 8:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NDmmafan
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/03/11 8:39 PM

...On Versus that he thinks Bisping's illegal knee last week was done on purpose. Bisping is in trouble. Cool Countdown show on Versus so far. 
3/3/11 8:38 PM
NDmmafan
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/03/11 8:40 PM

Damn double post. My bad.
3/3/11 8:45 PM
TheShogunEra
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ VS saying Bowles lost to Torres Phone Post
3/3/11 8:47 PM
croy_00
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he honestly believes that (which many of us do) then I hope he doesn't let it slide. I'm not saying eject Bisping from the UFC but maybe throw him onto a couple of shitty under cards with crap pay. Phone Post
3/3/11 8:52 PM
NDmmafan

croy_00 -  If he honestly believes that (which many of us do) then I hope he doesn't let it slide. I'm not saying eject Bisping from the UFC but maybe throw him onto a couple of shitty under cards with crap pay. Phone Post

Unfortunately for Bisping, well not unfortunate I guess as he brought it on himself, i think Dana is going to make a statement here. I think he gets a fine and suspension especially now that Dan went on record saying the illegal knee was intentional. You can't have fighters taking illegal liberties on other fighters. MMA is dangerous enough without these BS tatics.
3/3/11 9:01 PM
BJJkilla
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sonnen vs bisping is for sure happening now
3/3/11 9:13 PM
MMAWannabe12

What are all the bisping nut huggers going to say now? I said this right when it happened an got destroyed here. Phone Post
3/3/11 9:44 PM
juicer
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JohnMatrix - Bisping should have to fight Palhares in a grappling match.

RIP Bispings legs.
3/4/11 12:05 AM
NDmmafan

JeffersonDArcyChoke -  Correct. ALL the UFC can do is cut him. Legally they cannot penalize him based on perception. Civil liberties alone don't allow this shit. Your boss can't suspend you if he thinks you smoked pot. You lawyer up and fight that one. Bisping won the fight. Lost a point. That's all. White is placating the rubes who wish to hear Vince McMahon cut a promo about "Bisping screwed Bisping" or something. Phone Post

The thing is having your bossed pissed off at you is NEVER a good thing. Wether you be a ufc fighter, working at Wal-mart, a constrcuction company etc.  As for lawyering up, if it comes to that, i would take UFC every time just based on Money.
3/4/11 12:41 AM
Brock75thRanger

id like to see him released,hes a liability at this point.UK fans are already on board with or without him.Some guys are just to abrasive and filthy and shouldnt represent the sport.I put him in the same category as Tank Abbott
3/4/11 12:46 AM
Badlands Meanie

It's been a week, he said he's going to talk to him and then decide what to do? Here is how that call goes.

DW: Mike, everyones pissed at you for being an uber bitch, I gotta look tough here and act like I'm punishing you. What should I do?

MB: Make me fight Silva.

3/4/11 12:51 AM
shb
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fighting sonnen would be a worse punishment than being released
3/4/11 12:53 AM
stlnl2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TurdFergusson -  Damn is there any way to view this in Canada?

That question explains alot.
3/4/11 1:10 AM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
JeffersonDArcyChoke -  Correct. ALL the UFC can do is cut him. Legally they cannot penalize him based on perception. Civil liberties alone don't allow this shit. Your boss can't suspend you if he thinks you smoked pot. You lawyer up and fight that one. Bisping won the fight. Lost a point. That's all. White is placating the rubes who wish to hear Vince McMahon cut a promo about "Bisping screwed Bisping" or something. Phone Post

UFC fighters are independent contractors, not employees.  DW can do whatever he wants as long as it doesn't violate the terms of contract (which are very heavily in Zuffa's favor) or the federal anti-discrimination laws.
3/4/11 2:55 PM
r_o_y

so many people thought it was on purpose and no weven dana thinks so. i just hope that if it was,bisping will just admit it.

i don't think bisping will be fired because i think it would have happened already. although maybe white is trying to really think about a decision before he makes it.
3/4/11 3:08 PM
wisdomseeker76
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GOOD, Dana has to do something. If nothing is done then more fighters will begin to do illegal blows.
Or, fighters will not continue after an illegal blow. That would be very bad if a champion would do that.

Lets say Anderson Silva is kicked in the groin and decides not to continue. What would happen?

1. He is not awarded the DQ win and loses the belt. Everyone goes nuts. An immediate rematch is scheduled. Another fine payday for Silva. UFC is forced to deal with the problem.

2. He is awareded the DQ win. Everyone goes nuts. Calls him a pussy. An immediate rematch is scheduled, and another fine payday for Silva. UFC is forced to deal with the problem.

3. No contest is declared. Silva keeps the belt. An immediate rematch is scheduled. Another fine payday for Silva. UFC is forced to deal with the problem.

It would be wise to use Bisping as an example to all the other fighters of what happens when you use illegal blows.

It would also be wise to use Rivera as an example to all other fighters of what happens when you are hit with an illegal blow and you get up and go out on your sheild. $$$Payday$$$ Kept around to make more money.
3/4/11 3:08 PM
FingerorMoon
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at people talking about contact violations that Dana can't do.

The contracts are worded that the UFC can do anything...short of actual literal prostitution.

So Dana can:
- cut him...which is too extreme for this incident
- sit him on the shelf for as long as he wants...same as a suspension
- refuse or take away any additional opportunities like TUF coach
- refuse to give the backstage bonuses that can make up a large chunk of fighter salary. Why do you think those bonuses are outside contract terms? They are used as leverage.
- not give any actual official fight bonuses going forward since its entirely up to Dana who he gives them to or if he gives them at all....Mir vs CroCop was the only KO on their PPV yet the match personally annoyed him so bonus for Mir.

- or most of all, he can punish Bisping by making him fight Anderson Silva :)
3/4/11 4:03 PM
wisdomseeker76
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There have been some interesting and entertaining suggestions of what to do with Bisping on here. I was always told the best way to hurt a man is in his pocket or with his time. Dana can do both by putting him on the shelf for a year or two. We will all forget about Bisping. His stock will go down, he will not be worth near as much, he will also be older & slower. Then bring him back and put him on the undercard against someone who matches up poorly for Mike. More than likely Mike loses. Either way, he stays on the undercard fighting tough fights until he has lost enough times to cut him.

Game over. Thanks for playing.

Will the UFC go that extreme? THey have invested alot of money in Bisping. The UFC will probably just spin it in a way to "punish" him and still make money off of him and this situation.

I think it would be better to cash in and use him as an example.
3/4/11 4:30 PM
AndyW

Bisping should be over joyed at the decision of Rivera to continue and show some courage as he was done with a disqualification otherwise . So he should be kissing his ass because that was on the line. So maybe a fine from the purse and the call should be a least a 2 point penalty for such a foul.
Rivera could have had it all with just no continuing then what?
Also in some fouls the fighter might not be able to continue and after a strike like that the injured fighter does have a problem with continuing at a strong.
All those fouls can slow a fighter down badly , depending on the power of the blow and area hit.
So Bisping phone Rivera and thank him for not quiting on you
3/4/11 4:32 PM
MarshallMMA
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yawn Phone Post
3/4/11 4:45 PM
AndyW

Bisping should be over joyed at the decision of Rivera to continue and show some courage as he was done with a disqualification otherwise . So he should be kissing his ass because that was on the line. So maybe a fine from the purse and the call should be a least a 2 point penalty for such a foul.
Rivera could have had it all with just no continuing then what?
Also in some fouls the fighter might not be able to continue and after a strike like that the injured fighter does have a problem with continuing at a strong.
All those fouls can slow a fighter down badly , depending on the power of the blow and area hit.
So Bisping phone Rivera and thank him for not quiting on you
3/4/11 5:17 PM
Ktaco
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For all you saying Dana can't do anything, nevermind about the knee, Dana can do whatever he wants to Bisping for spitting at Rivera's coner. The UFC will not and should not tolerate that kind of behaviour from any of there employees.

nuff said
3/4/11 7:24 PM
Levi Nile
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FingerorMoon - 
LOL at people talking about contact violations that Dana can't do.

The contracts are worded that the UFC can do anything...short of actual literal prostitution.

So Dana can:
- cut him...which is too extreme for this incident
- sit him on the shelf for as long as he wants...same as a suspension
- refuse or take away any additional opportunities like TUF coach
- refuse to give the backstage bonuses that can make up a large chunk of fighter salary. Why do you think those bonuses are outside contract terms? They are used as leverage.
- not give any actual official fight bonuses going forward since its entirely up to Dana who he gives them to or if he gives them at all....Mir vs CroCop was the only KO on their PPV yet the match personally annoyed him so bonus for Mir.

- or most of all, he can punish Bisping by making him fight Anderson Silva :)

This is correct.
3/4/11 7:31 PM
Savron

I don't know how anyone can like Michael Bisping
He is obnoxious, loud mouthed, big headed and worst of all a classless cheat
I have never liked him, and that started on TUF
3/4/11 11:55 PM
Slinksta

Savron - I don't know how anyone can like Michael Bisping
He is obnoxious, loud mouthed, big headed and worst of all a classless cheat
I have never liked him, and that started on TUF
Pretty much sums up Americans this statement.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.