UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Pardon of record

3/4/11 9:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Blueyevil
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have 1 felony consp. drug charge in Michigan and 1 federal consp to launder money. I am sure I do not qualify to get my MI drug charge expunge and I know I have to get a presidential pardon on the fed charge. The question is would I have to also try and get the MI charge pardon? I am not even sure I would get the fed charge pardon and if I do would I have to admit to the convictions ever again?
3/10/11 5:17 PM
pm1964
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No idea, but ttt.
3/16/11 1:20 AM
KenTheWalrus
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To the last question, whether you would have to admit to the charges once they are expunged, in some instances you would. It really depends on how the question is phrased and the reason the question is being asked.

I know one instance where you would have to admit to the conviction. If you were to apply for a gaming license in MI you would have to include your felony. Since it was expunged, it will carry less weight and wouldn't outright bar you from the higher licenses, but if you don't admit it you risk the commission denying your license based purely on your lack of candor.

3/16/11 1:42 AM
KenTheWalrus
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/16/11 1:44 AM

The MI courts have held in multiple cases that there can only be one conviction for expungement to be available.  

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.